Thread: Piper Longbottom

Threaded View

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class

Piper Longbottom

A/N: I kind of want to flesh out Piper. So here it goes!

Hello, everyone. I'm Piper, age sixteen. I have my mum's blond curls, but my dad's brown eyes. I don't have such a great relationship with them. My dad's head of Gryffindor, by the way, but I'm not in that house. I'm a Slytherin. All of my older brothers were in Gryffindor (I have five-> Charlie, Tom, Lewis, Peter, and Luke). We used to be close, but after my sorting ... well, Hogwarts is different. To say people resent my house is a bit of an understatement. They're either scared we're all future Dark Lords or taking revenge on us for what happened in the war. People are hardly sorted into Slytherin anymore; there's less than thirty of us total.

And life in my house takes it's toll. Especially with my best friends. Nick (call her Nicole and you will regret it), really has lost the ability to trust peole, and then there's Albus. I've known him since as long as I can remember, but he's really changed this year. He's a lot more open around me, but at times he still closes himself off, almost like Nick, but then other times he's just so ... angry. And it seems I'm the only one who can calm him down again. But the rest of the time, he's really sweet. Nick keeps saying we should get together, but I don't know. There's so much going on ...

Someone has to be the sensible one. I can't run off and almost kill myself like Nick, or almost punch a wall whenever I'm upset. I have to be quiet, nice, "perfect" Piper; it seems everyone is depending on me, and I don't know how much longer I can take it. All I want to do is break down, as I watch everyone around me deteriorate, but there would be no one to catch me. It's my job to catch people.

Basically, I can boil my life down to this: Have you ever just wanted to scream at everyone, not even words, but just scream?

Yeah. That's me. I go through the motions each day; classes, which take almost no effort, trying to pry open Nick so she doesn't self-destruct, stop Albus from doing something stupid, go help the other Slytherins in the common room, deal with a new problem that arises. But there's these thoughts that haunt me. I can't stop myself from thinking when I see a poisonous plant or potion's ingredient that I could easily die, or that with a flick of my wand the same result could happen. It honestly scares me. It's only every once in a while, and no one knows about it, but I just feel so ... empty.

Unless Albus is around. He doesn't know exactly what's going on in my head, but his hugs, as cliché as it sounds, work magic. It's like his warmth and just ... feeling rush into me. I don't know if Nick notices anything, but to be honest, she has enough personal problems that she doesn't really notice what's going on in my life or Albus's. I think she understands to some degree, but the whole issue with J ... with the Ministry pulls her back into worrying about herself. I can't get mad at her for that; she needs to worry, but sometimes I just wish she would ask me what's wrong. I wish anyone would.

I'm sorry for blubbering at you like that, but it just feels good to say it, you know? I've never told anyone else this before. I think I might be too afraid they'd treat me differently, like I'm glass or something. Because I'm not. I survived five years dealing with all this, and I can get through this year and next year.

I think.
    Last edited by iMusic17; 09-11-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie