Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gryffindor storms the pitch...

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    There was a small pause where no one spoke. The Crashers merely looked at one another, wondering who would break the silence. They knew Laura had a point, but none of them wanted to admit they had been wrong in thinking she wasn’t good enough to replace Dorothry.

“She’s right,” Adam said finally. “We all want to win this game, and the only way we can is by working together.”

There was a murmur of agreement among the team, and Laura smiled.

“That’s the spirit!” she cried happily, as Anna Mullins blew her whistle loudly.

The game would start again.
    We're almost done! We can finish! Hooray, Gryffies!

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Secret Akasha
    "Okay folks," Thompson said. "I think if we can keep 'em playing into the wind, we might have a shot at this."

"Right!" agreed Price. "Use Weatherman's knowledge to our advantage!"

Bryan nodded. "Speaking of the Weatherman, I want you on their Seeker like silk on corn. Keep her dodging and distracted."

"Then can I get Sierra to be my shadow and swat flies?" asked Cody. "It'll make searching for the Snitch a whole lot easier."

"That should work," Victor said. "Jenna. You keep doin' what you're doin'. As for me, Thompson and Ms. Price--let's score some points, shall we?"
    Okidoke. They've got a game plan, so we can ride this out to the finish! Go, Go, Gryffindor!

Madame Marauder
    Claiming. I've got the time to post. As my message said, I may not have a lot of time....

Bryan Thompson snorted indignantly. “I’ll keep scoring.”

Victor sighed. Bryan, though an excellent Chaser was not adaptable to change. He liked things his way.

“We need the entire team to win this thing. You hear?” Victor said carefully.

“I hear fine, sir.” Bryan smiled mocking respect. “Just because Dorothy’s gone somewhere over the rainbow doesn’t make you captain, Jones.”

“For the time being,” Cody Lawrence said softly. “I think it’s safe to listen to Victor. He’s been playing Quidditch longer than most of us.”

“I agree with Cody,” Sierra piped up. “Let’s just play. So who am I tailing again?”

hermione210
    “You’re following me,” Cody said. “Now let’s get our brooms in the air before Mullins starts to worry. But first I’d like to say a quick prayer.”

Cody bowed his head, and the rest of the team followed. “Hey, Mr. Wizard, we sure could use a bit of help. I don’t mean magic slippers to send us home- though I’m sure Dorothy could use those- but we’d like you to help us remember that we need to work together to win. And we sure would like to win! So please stay in our hearts and help us to remember that.”
    It seems a little strange to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Cassie- Hope everything will be okay. Don't worry about us too much, we'll be fine.

~Becca

Secret Akasha
    "May it ever be so," everyone murmured and mounted their brooms.

As the Kansas Crashers took to the air again, the fans lifted a rousing cheer. Thompson, Price and Jones pumped their arms in the air as a sign of their renewed fighting spirit, and the crowd roared even louder. Akerman wrestled to keep his broom at a steady hover in the ferocious wind. Something was different about the Kansas team. Whatever had been said during the time-out had put fire in their bellies once more.

The whistle blew, the Quaffle was released, and the game was back in play.
    Okay. Let's show a bit more in-game play, a few shows of their new teamwork in action, and then the capture of the Snitch for the win!

“And it’s Jones to Thompson to Price, who aims the Quaffle carefully, and she – SCORES! The Kansas Chasers have put another ten points away, bringing the game within a goal. After struggling to play without their captain, Dorothy Gale, it looks like the Crashers have a shot at this one.” The announcer’s voice filled the stadium, but it could barely be heard amid the cheers of the fans.

“Nice shot!” Sierra called as she passed, still tailing Cody.

As Laura smiled broadly in return, two Arrows scowled as they zoomed by, reminding Laura that the game wasn’t over just yet.
    So, one more goal to really showcase the teamwork, and then a close race for the Snitch? Just a few more posts!

And Cassie, I hope everything works out okay. Like Becca said, we'll be fine, and we'll be thinking of you.

Madame Marauder
    Thanks, guys. Y'all are the best. *huggles team*

Just a heads up, ease up on the Oz refrences-- I'm worried their losing their potency.

Now, I claim this spot so I can whip up some thoughts before bed.

“Hey, Lawrence!” Natalie called out. “I’ve got two words for you!”

Cody looked at his opponent. Natalie’s short brown hair and bronze skin were dripping with the rain; her dark eyes glinted mischievously.

“Really?” Cody cocked his head.

“Yeah. Move.”

Natalie took off after the Snitch floating near Cody’s left-hand side.

“Sierra, do something!” Cody shouted, speeding up and chasing after Natalie, who was now hurtling to the ground.

Sierra shrugged helplessly; there were no Bludgers in sight. Above head, the Chasers of both teams were battling for the Quaffle and the two Keepers hovered as sentinels near their goals.

Secret Akasha
    I'm claiming this spot. I've got an idea in my head, but my stomach is complaining to be fed first!

EDIT: Sorry that was so late. I had a minor emergency to attend to!

Growing up with six siblings, Sierra Nelson had been a team player all her life. As she dove after Cody, she was suddenly reminded of broom races with her brothers and sisters. Sometimes all you really needed to win was a little help. She positioned herself behind Cody and kicked her broom into high speed.

The Snitch glittered less than a foot in front of them. Sierra shouted, "Get ready to win, Cody!"

"What?" he shouted back without taking his eyes off the Snitch.

"Just don't miss it!"

She reached out, put her hands on his back, and pushed.

hermione210
    The extra bit of speed Sierra provided him with was just what he needed to catch up with Natalie. The two began bumping into each other, trying to drive each other off course, each desperate to catch the Snitch and win the game for their team.

Cody leaned forward, his arm stretching as far as it could, fingers extended. He was so close to the Snitch he could nearly touch it. He was maybe a centimeter away from giving his team all the glory in the world. “Sierra! Again!” he cried, knowing that one more push would win the game.
    I love suspense. Couldn't help but dragging it out.

~Becca

Sierra could see Natalie gaining on Cody. By now, her fingers were almost level with his, and the help of Sierra’s push was wearing off. Amid the cheers, she heard him shout for help again.

She stretched out her arms and pushed Cody firmly in the back, launching him forward once more.

Come on, Cody! she urged silently, as she watched with bated breath.

Cody’s fingers were out as far as he could manage, and as he felt himself rocket forward, he smiled. The small, struggling form of the Golden Snitch was clasped in his hand.

The Crashers had won.
    Hope that doesn't disappoint!

Now we just need maybe one or two more posts of celebration, and then we’re done! I guess it could end there, but I want to see them be happy for a little while. Once that’s done, we should post all of it together so we each can read/proof it, and then we can be officially completed. –loves Gryffies-

Oh, what do we do with the story when it's finished? Do we just keep it in the thread?