Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gryffindor storms the pitch...

Secret Akasha
    Jenna held her defensive position as she watched Akerman hurtling towards her.
    Castillo hovered nearby, taking a moment to assess the game's progress and process the details through the complex machinery of his brain.

"Hey, Weatherman!" she shouted. "I could use a little help here!" Jenna nodded toward the oncoming Arrows' Chaser.

Adam saluted and called out to Sierra Nelson, who nodded and chased down a nearby Bludger, whacking it over in Castillo's direction. He did a bit of mental Arithmancy and moved into position

"This oughta slow him down," Adam drawled, and hit the Bludger with a resounding smack.
    So, should the Weatherman get joy or no joy? Personally, I'd love to see Akerman get smacked in the head with a Bludger. *tee hee* Keep going, Gryffindors!

hermione210
    *claims spot*

Other people can claim too... This way we can fill in when we're on and let other people write when they are on. (Go see the Claw's thread for an example.)

~Becca

EDIT:

The Bludger hurtled towards Akerman, and he almost didn’t notice it. Akerman veered off course at the last moment, thankful that the Bludger whistled harmlessly past his head. He didn’t have time to celebrate, however. He passed the Quaffle to Dawson- and groaned as Dawson’s pathetic attempt to score was easily intercepted by the Keeper.

“STOP MAKING CARELESS MISTAKES!” Akerman shouted over the wind. He wanted to teach the Crashers a lesson, and they needed to be in top form to do that.

Akerman swallowed nervously. He didn’t know much about weather, but the tornado was obviously about to hit.

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Even though Adam was disappointed that his Bludger missed its target, he couldn’t help but notice the telltale funnel cloud barreling towards them at an alarming rate. Several times he glanced at Anna Mullins, wondering if she’d postpone the game.

Quidditch in Kansas stops for nothing, Adam thought wryly.

All the same, the inclement weather was beginning to affect his flying. The winds were catching his broom’s tail and veering him off track.

Above him, he spotted Dorothy also struggling to keep on course. A sense of dread filled him as he realized their captain was closest to the tornado.
    I brought it back to Chasers and set the stage for Dorothy to be blown away soon so we can get to work on the lesson being learned. And sorry for my lack of writing – I should be able to do more tomorrow!

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Madame Marauder
    The tornado was gaining speed and Dorothy could hear nothing but its roars, see nothing but the vortex, feel nothing but its strength. Victor’s words rang out clearly in the storm. Anyone could blow away in these winds. Dorothy didn’t want to be that anyone. She scrambled for her wand, but realized with horror that it had already been sucked up by the tornado. Frantically, she called out to her teammates. But the wind swallowed her cries. On the pitch, Ann Mullins blew her whistle and a team of Weather Wizards stormed the pitch to calm the storm.

And I just blew Dorothy into the storm and made up Weather Wizards. Hope that's acceptable.

hermione210
    But the Weather Wizards were too late. Even as they performed spells to make the tornado leave the pitch, the Crashers could see their Captain being sucked further and further into the cyclone.

The Arrows, having an impromptu conference in the air, were ecstatic. Gale was the glue that held her team together. What would happen now that she was gone? They were sure that things were changing in their favor.

The Crashers, however, were frantic. They had replacement players, of course, but they weren’t Dorothy Gale. The Crashers weren’t sure that they could keep their lead without Dorothy there.
    Dorothy's gone, and insecurity has reared its ugly head. Keep writing! 2 more days!

~Becca

Jeffersonian Intern Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    “Take a five minute time out!” Anna Mullins called as she flew over to speak with the Weather Wizards. They needed a few minutes to sort out whether or not the tornado was still a threat to the players.

The Crashers gathered underneath Jenna’s goalposts, and as soon as the whole team was there, everyone began talking loudly.

“Load of good the Weather Wizards did – Gale’s already gone,” Bryan Thompson remarked wryly.

“She’ll be okay though, right?” Jenna asked quietly. “They can find Dorothy.”

“Of course,” Victor Jones said. “But now, we need to get our reserve Chaser out here.”
    And enter Laura Price. Come on, guys - we can do this!

Super awesome banner by Ari / A.H.

Secret Akasha
    I claim this spot for France!...well...um...not really.

I'm just reserving this spot for me and my next entry, which should happen between now and sometime after I shower and go to dinner. Update to come soon.

EDIT: Here we go!

Laura Price knew she was persona non grata the moment she saw the Kansas team's grim expressions. The fans weren't happy either. Nonetheless, she was determined to prove her worth. She might not be Dorothy Gale, but she was a damn fine Chaser - good enough to make the reserve list. She had beaten out one-hundred-and-fifty-seven other players for the privilege of wearing the Kansas colors and waiting for her name to be called. Now it had been. She squared her shoulders and stepped up to huddle with the team.

"You ever flown in a storm, Price?" Victor Jones asked.

hermione210
    *claimage*

*runs back to school*

~Becca

*runs back, then runs away again to lengthen message*

EDIT:

“No,” she admitted. “But I’m not afraid to try.”

“Good enough. But it’s not like we have any choice- she’s our only reserve Chaser,” someone muttered. Laura glared at the group, not knowing how to convince them, yet knowing that her opinion was the only one that really mattered.

“Whatever. Let’s play,” Laura said, exercising her self-control.

The two teams swiftly mounted their brooms and immediately flew back up into the air to resume the game. However, it soon became apparent that without their Captain, the Crashers were helpless. Their lead quickly disappeared, and they began to lose the game.

Madame Marauder
    “And Watkins with the Quaffle… Dawson… Dawson scores again!” the announcer cried. “That’s four goals they’ve scored and the sixth time they’ve intercepted the Quaffle. The Crashers are struggling without Gale.”

They were falling apart. Dorothy held them together and they knew her strengths. But nobody was certain about Laura. She’d rarely practiced with them and never played. The team knew she was their only hope of maintaining a full team, but they feared she would never amount to Dorothy’s skill. So the Quaffle passed between Victor and Bryan. Laura would protest and Byran seemed to only lose his focus.

Go Gryffies, Go! Go Gryffies, Go! Go Gryffies, Go!

hermione210
    Laura was fed up. She couldn't take this any more! She could be just as good as Gale, if only they would trust her.

But they wouldn't trust her.

She had to give them a reason to trust her. She signaled to Mullins for a time out, and landed on the ground with her teammates.

“Listen to me!” Laura exclaimed. “You’ve GOT to trust me. If I wasn’t good- really good- then I wouldn’t even be a reserve. My mom always used to say there’s no ‘I’ in team. You’ve got to use everyone available, or the team will fail.”
    Yay! Laura's giving the team a talking-to. Not too much more left!

~Becca