Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Violet Zabini

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

Violet Zabini

September 1, 2019

My first year at Hogwarts is not off to a good start. I woke up this morning with a stiff right arm from sleeping on my side and a scratchy throat. I was about to go to bed when my older brother Aidan burst in and proclaimed that it was time to "rise and shine." I love my brother, but sometimes he is far too cheerful.

Mum and Dad were in a rush to leave. Our family is always punctual, but this doesn't keep them from worrying. My mum helped me to braid my hair into a neat plait. She placed my special butterfly clip at the bottom and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

We took the car to King's Cross, my parents in their work robes while Aidan and I were already wearing our uniforms. We were one of the first families to arrive, but Mum and Dad were worried about being late for work. Quick hugs and promises to write were exchanged until my dad checked his wristwatch and quite literally dragged my mother away. With nothing else left to do, Aidan and I boarded the Hogwarts Express.

Aidan, being a doting brother, told me that I could sit with him and his friends. I gladly accepted. It took a good half hour for the others to start arriving, and longer still until the train started to move.

The hours dragged by as we made our way through the countryside, and I nearly made myself sick on licorice wands. When we arrived at last, I eagerly steppd out of the compartment and was swiftly carried along, away from Aidan. One older boy nearly knocked me over, causing my sore arm to hurt a bit.

All of the first years rode in a fleet of boats to get to the castle. I sat with three people who I didn't know; two girls and a boy. I think that one of the girls was twins with the boy, they looked so much alike, but they turned out to be cousins.

I was Sorted, as expected, into Slytherin. So was the girl from the boats. Her name is Lily. She and three other girls are in my dorm. I think that I can hear her crying in her bed, but I'm not sure.

I'm very tired now, so I'll have to finish this later. Good night!
    Last edited by Peppermint Toads; 09-08-2012 at 04:42 AM.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Hello, Violet!

Were both your parents sorted into Slytherin?

Is Aidan a Slytherin?

What type of wand do you have?
    On hiatus for a little while
    Photobucket

This slice of pure awesomeness was made by majestic_ginny. And the avvie (another slice of awesomeness) was made by Broken_Promise.

AND...I'm an ebil minion.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Hello!

Were both of your parents Sorted into Slytherin? No, Mum was in Ravenclaw. Dad was Slytherin, though.

Is Aidan a Slytherin? Yes, he's in his third year.

What type of wand do you have? Maple with unicorn hair, eleven-and-a-half inches. It's very pretty, it's got a swirly design on the handle.

A/N: Thanks for your questions! Violet's parents are Padma Patil and Blaise Zabini, but her father wanted very badly for his children to be Slytherins. He isn't prejudiced, he's just very proud of his old House.

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    That does sound like a pretty wand.

What do you think of Lily?

Do you have any friends in Slytherin?

Would you have been okay with being sorted into Ravenclaw?

Is your arm feeling better?
    Photobucket

This slice of pure awesomeness was made by majestic_ginny. And the avvie (another slice of awesomeness) was made by Broken_Promise.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Thank you! It's supposed to be good for Charms.

What do you think of Lily? She seems okay, I guess. She's quiet and sits alone in classes and at meals. I haven't really talked to her.

Do you have any friends in Slytherin? Not yet, I'm kind of shy.

Would you have been okay with being sorted into Ravenclaw? I would have been fine with it and I'm sure that Mum would have been thrilled, but I don't know if I'm smart enough for that House.

Is your arm feeling better? Yes, thank you!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    What is your favorite class so far?

Do you have any cousins near your age?

What do your parents do for a living?
    Photobucket

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What is your favorite class so far? Don't tell anyone, but...Herbology. I love the smells and the plants and all of the colors.

Do you have any cousins mear your age? My Aunt Parvati and Uncle Michael have two kids. Annalise is a baby and Allan is nine.

What do you parents do for a living? Dad works at the Department of Law and Justice. Mum is a translator in the Department of International Cooperation.

Sorry this took too long, I had an essay due for Professor Flynn in Charms :/
    Last edited by Peppermint Toads; 09-23-2012 at 04:49 AM.

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Second Year Slytherin
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    In a telephone booth, wearing my invisibility cloak and reading the Quibbler.
    Hi, Violet! I'd love to get to know you better!
    By the way, I simply adore your name!

You say that your parents both went to Hogwarts, but were in different houses. How did they get to know each other?

Do you enjoy Defense Against the Dark Arts? I have to say, personally, that's my favourite class.

So, your favourite class is Herbology, eh? Are you any good at gardening? Or do you just like the idea? (I'm no good. Plants come to my house to die.)

Do you think you take more after your mother or father? What about Aidan?

Poor Lily! Why do you think she cries at night? I do hope you'll get to know her better.

And lastly, what are your hobbies?
    Taylor drabbles, duels, betas, and writes! SLYTHERIN!!

This AMAZING banner was made by Wandstick!! Beautiful avvie by Nadia/majestic_ginny!Check out my friend Theloonyhermione!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Aw, thank you!

You say that your parents both went to Hogwarts, but were in different houses. How did they get to know each other? In the Battle of Hogwarts, Dad saved Mum's sister when her legs were Immobilized. Mum was really thankful, and I guess that they got to know each other a bit after that and fell in love. I've heard the story so many times that it's lost a lot of it's meaning, to be quite honest.

Do you enjoy Defense Against the Dark Arts? I have to say, personally, that's my favourite class. I guess it's okay. The teacher--Professor Hartwin--kind of scares me, though.

So, your favourite class is Herbology, eh? Are you any good at gardening? Or do you just like the idea? (I'm no good. Plants come to my house to die.) I LOVE plants! Mum and I started a garden when I was seven (it's still in our yard, actually!) and I learned a lot about herbs. If it weren't for that, I'd be flunking Potions...come to think of it, I am flunking Potions ...

Do you think you take more after your mother or father? What about Aidan? Aidan is Dad through and through--he acts all tough, but he's really just a softie. I'm not sure if I'm Mum or Dad...I'm not as smart as Mum, but I'm not as ambitious as Dad...I guess I'm sort of in between!

Poor Lily! Why do you think she cries at night? I do hope you'll get to know her better. I'm not really sure. I know for a fact she wanted Gryffindor, though. Not all of her relatives are too happy with her, and the only other Weasley in Slytherin is a seventh year. They don't seem very close, but I really don't know either of them that well.

And lastly, what are your hobbies? Well, you already know I like gardening I also like Exploding Snap and cooking.

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Second Year Slytherin
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    In a telephone booth, wearing my invisibility cloak and reading the Quibbler.
    You're very welcome!

Now, I know this is totally random, but do you know the Scamander twins? They're a bit off, I know. And what group of people do you find yourself drawn towards?

What's your greatest fear?

Do you fancy anyone? Sorry, I'm such a hopeless romantic.

So, Lily's a Weasley? I'm sure she couldn't help being in Slytherin. The Sorting Hat must have put her there for a reason! What do you think your Slytherin qualities are, other than the fact that your father was one?

Exploding Snap! How fun! Are you any good?
    Taylor drabbles, duels, betas, and writes! SLYTHERIN!!

This AMAZING banner was made by Wandstick!! Beautiful avvie by Nadia/majestic_ginny!Check out my friend Theloonyhermione!