Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lavender Brown

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Just to add, here, Fenrir is about to attack Lavender. He doesn't actually get close enough to bite her.

This is the actual text.

Two bodies fell from the balcony overhead as they reached the ground and a grey blur that Harry took for an animal sped four-legged across the hall to sink its teeth into one of the fallen.

'No!' shrieked Hermione, and with a deafening blast from her wand Fenrir Greyback was thrown backwards from the feebly stirring body of Lavender Brown.

I think Lavender survived the battle. My reasoning is that JK would have said in the book if she'd died. She would have had Ron looking at her body or something.

As for her Patronus I think it would be something strong and protective - a dog of some sort perhaps. I know Ron's is a dog but there are lots of types of dog.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    I agree with Carole in saying that Jo would definitely have mentioned Lavender's death. She mentioned Colin Creevey, after all, and we definitely see more of Lavender than Colin in the books.

Yes, I agree that Lavender is hugely misunderstood. She was possessive about Ron, and she was also slightly mushy, but that doesn't make her stupid. She did fight the Battle of Hogwarts, she was there when the Blast Ended Skrewts went out of control, she was a DA member and most of all, she was a Gryffindor. So that does show that she has more grit than what we assume.

Patronus: I can't think of anything for Lavender... maybe a tigress or even a rabbit after the rabbit that she misses.

I have another question, here:

What are your views on the Parvati-Lavender friendship? Do you think Lavender was close to Padma too? Could Parvati and Lavender be as close as the trio was?
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Nundu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginny Weasley Potter
    What are your views on the Parvati-Lavender friendship? Do you think Lavender was close to Padma too? Could Parvati and Lavender be as close as the trio was?
    I think while Lavender and Parvati were best of friends, I doubt their combined relationship with Padma was as close as that of Harry, Ron and Hermione. A mistake a lot of authors make is assuming twins are always very close and identical in personality as well as looks.

We know there are differences in their personalities as they were sorted into different houses. I see Padma as quieter and more studious than Parvati (based solely on her house), while Parvati is a bit more adventuresome. They get on, but they don't finish each others sentences.

As far as the Lavender and Parvati friendship, it is a strong one. They've been friends since first year and we see it still strong through their sixth year. Parvati is mildly annoyed by Lavender's behavior with Ron, but she still is a friend with whom Lavender can have a good gossip or cry.

Did the Patel girls come back for their seventh year? If not, what was Lavender's last year like without her best friend?

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Did the Patel girls come back for their seventh year? If not, what was Lavender's last year like without her best friend?

Slight correction, if you don't mind, it's Patil, not Patel . The surnames represent two completely different casts in India. Anyway, DH does meantion the Patil twins being present in the Room of Requirement, so I guess they did return to Hogwarts for their seventh year. Lavender did have her best friend for her last year, and I think they might have rebelled together, too.
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nundu
    We don't know for certain that either of the Patils survived the Battle of Hogwarts.

Kind of like Lavender. One can assume that if any other "named' characters had died, Rowling would have mentioned them, but we do know she has never mentioned either Patil's post-DH life, even in interviews.

Nundu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginny Weasley Potter
    Slight correction, if you don't mind, it's Patil, not Patel . The surnames represent two completely different casts in India.
    Oops! We have a group of Indians visiting my place of business this week and 16 of them have the surname 'Patel'.

I'd forgotten the Patil girls were in the RoR. That's what I get for posting from work, where I don't have my books!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I doubt that Padma and Parvati ever associated very much with one another's friends while the were in school. The way I see it Parvati was very much a social butterfly, who tended to prefer feeling over facts (looking at her like of Divination). I think she let her emotions show a lot more than her sister and might have been more 'trendy', as well as taking a liking to boys quite early. In short, making her the ideal friend for Lavander.

Padma, however, I see as being more bookish and serious. She took her responsiblities quite seriously (she was made prefect while her sister did not). She might have had a few girlfriends in her own house, but I don't see her as being quite as social as her sister. Also, after the Yule Ball, I don't know if she would have been as interested in boys as before.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Black-Sand
    G'day

I've only read a few posts in this thread but the depression bit stuck out. not just because its the first post.

depression and bi-polar are really hard to explain! suffering depression is different then being depressed.

when your just depressed you do have the ability to pull yourself out of it. Its not easy but it is do-able.

when you suffer depression though its not. suffering depression is a chemical inbalance. it doesnt mean that you are depressed 24/7 though, you have to be in a state of might to get there. it doesnt take much and when your in that state even the slightest thing can make you want to kill yourself.

two things you should deffinately highlight in your story is that 1. the dead mood! the dead mood is a no emotion state. its where you feel as though the whole worlds moving around you and your standing still, you feel as though you dont exist. (this tends to be the most frequent times a person hurts themselves, to reasure themselves that their alive) 2. is a person with depression or bi-polar knows how they want to die! whether its slow and painful or fast, painful and most likely messy (it tends to be this one because they want to end their life quickly) they have it planned out. my friend tried and thankfully was stopped and she was teling me how she had the photo's of her friends smiling, and the weapon all ready!

most of my friends suffer from depression and i wont even start on my family, the point is, i know a lot about it and the last thing i want to tell you is that it tends to be heretitary, expecially bi-polar. if someone in the family has it the high the chances of someone else having it.

...xXxBlack-SandxXx...

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    If Lavender were to survive the Battle of Hogwarts, what kind of work could you see her in? I remember reading one fic where she became a Hit Witch? Do you think something as tramatic as the Battle would have an effect on her adult personality?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

moonys-muggle
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    If Lavender were to survive the Battle of Hogwarts, what kind of work could you see her in? I remember reading one fic where she became a Hit Witch? Do you think something as tramatic as the Battle would have an effect on her adult personality?
    I think something that tramatic would have an effect on anyone. Just by being there she would have seen things that most people never have to even think about let alone witness for themselves.

I don't really see Lavender as the hit witch type. Based on her personality in the books I always imagined her working in and later owning her own robe shop. She was very girlie in the books and it seemed to me like something she would very much enjoy. While it may not seem very Gryffindory on the surface, starting your own business requires a good deal of bravery, and I think that too often people assume that just because someone was sorted into Gryffindor that they will automatically become an Auror, Hit Wizzard, or a Quiddich player.