Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lavender Brown

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Lavander Brown was in Dumbledore's Army, but we never did find out what form her Patronus took. What do you all believe some possibilities are?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Victoire
    Hmm I would say a rabbit, but isnt that Lunas?
    Lavender strikes me as a dog. More puppy like though

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Luna's Patronus was a hare, but it still seems a bit close, doesn't it?

Remember, a Patronus form is something the caster would see as a protector (Harry's reminds him of his dad). What could be an animal that Lavander associates with protection. She certainly did seem to cling to Ron a great deal while they were dating. Maybe she sees romantic love as being some kind of safety net. What animal couls be associated with these feelings?

Also, show of hands, what are the chances of Lavander having survived the Battle of Hogwarts?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Victoire
    Romantic? Hmm I would go for a feline of sorts. You know they have that sleek look about them and kind of sexy..? oh well, haha. Thats the best I could come up with.

As for her surviving the Battle of Hogwarts...interessting question!
    She never really seemed to have extraordinary magical power. I think its would be pretty much 50/50

Inverarity
    I don't think Lavender survived. But I suspect Rowling, if asked, would say she did.

Patronus? Who knows. Keep in mind a Patronus is a powerful spell -- not every wizard can do it. She might not be able to.

I'd make her Patronus something non-obvious. We don't really know that much about Lavender. She acts a bit silly with Ron, but she also shows clear Gryffindor traits more than once.

I think I'd make her Patronus a swan. Swans are pretty, but they can be mean birds. People have even been killed by swans, on occasion.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Hmmm, none obvious. I'll keep that in mind.

But remember, Cho's Patronus was a swan too. I really would rather not repeat myself.

But I'm still putting the question out there: animals that go to extreme lengths for romantic love.

Brand New Story!

Victoire
    As to whether Lavender survived the Battle of Hogwarts, Id like to change my answer. I recently stumbled upon a little scene where she falls and is being attacked by Fenrir Greyback. Hermione sees and kills Fenrir, but Lavender was said to be moving feebly. I think its a pretty good chance she died.

Azhure
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoire
    I recently stumbled upon a little scene where she falls and is being attacked by Fenrir Greyback. Hermione sees and kills Fenrir, but Lavender was said to be moving feebly.
    Hmm, that's interesting, because if she did somehow survive, she would probably be a lot like Bill after he was attacked by Greyback. Very interesting... I wonder what she would think of her scars? Be pretty bad. *plotbunny developing*

~~Azhure~~

weasleywannabe47
    No,I honest don't think Lavender would have ppd!
    I have no clue why,I just don't think she's likely for it!
    ~~~~~~
    No,Lavender was to bubbly to mope around when she knew it was over.
    ~~~~~
    I imagined Lavender to have messy black hair,giant dark green eyes,and a pug nose.
    (I'm rather odd,aren't I?)
    ~~~~~
    NO!NO SEAMUS!But yes to the quints!

Nundu
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoire
    As to whether Lavender survived the Battle of Hogwarts, Id like to change my answer. I recently stumbled upon a little scene where she falls and is being attacked by Fenrir Greyback. Hermione sees and kills Fenrir, but Lavender was said to be moving feebly. I think its a pretty good chance she died.
    If you are referring to the scene in Deathly Hallows, Lavender is attacked by Greyback and Hermione shrieks 'NO' and throws a hex at him, which throws him back from a feebly stirring Lavender, but it is Madame Trelawney who knocks Greyback out with a crystal ball. Later, in the Great Hall during the final battle, it is stated that Ron and Neville bring down Greyback. It is never clearly stated if they killed him or simply disabled him. Likewise, we do not know if Lavender survives, but presumably, if she did, she would, as Azhure said, be permanently scarred, like Bill.