Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Lavender Brown

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    She was definitely not infected by lycanthropy at the battle. As others have said, it was not a full moon and she was not bitten.

Carole gave her scars on her back and neck. I gave her a badly scarred abdomen.

In my stories (she appears in Tales of the Battle, MIT, Bare, Moon, Moons and in the background of most of my other stories) she is a werewolf, but I have yet to complete the part of her story. My Lavender was seriously injured and wheelchair bound until she found the (drastic) cure.

My recollection is that Bill was clawed, not bitten, and that because Lycanthropy is a curse they are "curse scars" whether they are bite or claw marks. I'm not certain why Carole differentiates between the two.

-N-

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    My recollection is that Bill was clawed, not bitten, and that because Lycanthropy is a curse they are '"curse scars" whether they are bite or claw marks. I'm not certain why Carole differentiates between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by HBP page 572 Bloomsbury edition
    'No charm will work on these,' said Madam Pomfrey. 'I've tried everything I know, but there is no cure for werewolf bites.'
    I do occasionally do my research. I differentiate because bites are what infect a person with lycanthropy when the werewolf is transformed. If Remus had merely been clawed even by a transformed werewolf, he would have had a scar but not have been turned.

~Carole~
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 07-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Thanks Carole. I try to research, too, its simply that I had difficuty figuring out how Greyback could bite Bill in the face.

I'm not going to argue with Melody Pond.

-N-

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I had difficuty figuring out how Greyback could bite Bill in the face.
    If Bill were on the ground, then I can see how Greyback would have easy access. He's extremely violent and unbalanced - rather like a pit bull - so I think he'd relish attacking a person in such a vulnerable and visible place. Lavender is unconscious when Greyback races over to her, leaving her even more vulnerable - I went with her being clawed because it suited my story and I wasn't particularly interested in her becoming another 'Bill'.

That was one story, though. I remember in another I had her bitten and clawed in the abdomen which left her unable to have children.

I'm not going to argue with Melody Pond.
    I do have a sonic screwdriver - that's hard to argue with.

~Carole~
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 07-23-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

XenaTwin
    Carole, I'm impressed with your research

But now you just gotta tell us what the Melody Pond reference means. Sonic screwdriver, as in trek? PM me if you don't wanna explain it here. I'm just too curious.