Thread: Albus Boot

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?

Albus Boot

Hi, my name is Albus Boot.

Yeah, I know, my dad thought it would be a great idea to name me after his headmaster. Most people call me Al though, so that's ok. You should call me that too!

Anyway, I'm eleven, and I'm about to go to Hogwarts! I'm really excited for that. My dad was in Ravenclaw, and my mom was in Hufflepuff, so I'm not really sure what house I'm going to be in, but that's ok. My dad says it doesn't matter which one I'll be in, because I'll be great.

We're packing up to go to King's Cross now, so I'll try to be quick.

We live in London, the best city on the planet. Don't know where else I'd live. Like to live.

I'm the oldest, I have a brother and a sister. Mum and Dad say I have to look after George and Tansy, but I'm only eleven.

It's unfair that I got the weirdest name, don't you think? Albus, George and Tansy.

Oh, Mum says we've got to go!

I'll see you at the station, maybe? I've got a tawny owl, I'm tall for my age, and I've got dark hair! I hope you can find me there!

Please tell me what you think!
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hello, Al, it's nice to meet you. Okay, so I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?

How old are George and Tansy?
    What is your owl's name?
    What year is it?
    Which House are you hoping to be in?

Good luck at Hogwarts!

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hi Peppermint Toads! Are you more than one? That would be weird.

How old are George and Tansy?

George is nine. Tansy is five.

What is your owl's name?

Tansy named her "Tawny" before I had a chance to think about it. The name kinda stuck.

What year is it?

It's 2015. That's a weird question to ask, isn't it?

Author Note: He's definitely a Next Gen character. He's also being designed for the shipping one-shot prompt. I think with Rose. I'm not sure. Could be with Lily. I think I want him to be in the same year as James. Anyway, year is somewhere between 2014-2019.

Which House are you hoping to be in?

Hoping to be in? I don't know. My Mum and Dad have friendly bets on the House Cup, particularly who'll win Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff. If I get into either of those houses, I guess my parents will be happy. I wouldn't say no to Gryffindor or Slytherin either though. It's up to the Hat, isn't it?

Thank you for wishing me luck!
    Last edited by AidaLuthien; 08-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi again, Al! Actually, I am just one person. Usernames, huh?

Anyway, I came up with some new questions for you...

You seem to be pretty easy going. Do you have any pet peeves?

Do you support a particular Quidditch team? Do you plan to play for your team at Hogwarts?

When was the first time you did magic?

Are you at all nervous about Hogwarts?
    Last edited by Peppermint Toads; 08-19-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hi again, Toads!

You seem to be pretty easy going. Do you have any pet peeves?

Pet peeves? Things I don't like? Um... *whisper. I don't really like toads. They're kinda slimy. And I really hate insects. And... I like my room to be clean? I hate it when George and Tansy go in my room without me letting them, they move everything around.

Do you support a particular Quidditch team? Do you plan to play for your team at Hogwarts?

I'm not very good at flying. Mum is a fan of the Harpies. Dad doesn't care as long as Ravenclaw beats Hufflepuff (so he says).

When was the first time you did magic?

I made colored sparks jump out of the fireplace once. I don't know if that was the first time I did magic though. Mum says I bounced when I fell out of a tree, but I don't remember that.

Are you at all nervous about Hogwarts?

A little. ... ok, maybe a lot. I've never lived away from home before. That's why Mum and Dad bought Tawny for me. So I can send lots of letters home. Not that I'm gonna. But just so I can.

Seth Malfoy
    Hello Albus.

You're nervous about going to a new school, which is completely natural. Do you have any friends who will be attending?

Do you know many other kids named Albus?

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hi Seth!

You're nervous about going to a new school, which is completely natural. Do you have any friends who will be attending?

I know some other kids, who are going, yeah. Some are kids of Dad's colleagues. My neighbor, Michael, is a third year. He's in Slytherin.

Do you know many other kids named Albus?

I'm not the only one, if that's what you're asking. Mum and Dad said a bunch of the former DA members named kids after Dumbledore. Often as a middle name. Or they picked one of his middle names - he had a lot of them apparently.

Hi Jean. Are you really a Muggle? How do you know all these things?

Did you learn a story of your namesake? What do you feel about bearing his name?

Yeah, Mum and Dad have told me about him. He was the Headmaster when they went, and he was the bravest, most amazing wizard basically since Merlin. He fought two of the Darkest wizards ever, Grindelwald and Voldemort. Mum and Dad still don't like saying his name, but he's been dead a long time now, and they think we should say it. Sometimes they call him Riddle instead.

In a way, it's kinda normal. I'm not the only Albus. But it gives me a lot to live up to, too. To, too? Anyway, I hope I'm just a little bit as awesome as him.

Did Mr. Olivander told you anything about your wand? What is it made of?

It's um... let me see if I can remember everything. It's unicorn hair, and aspen. The wood is really pretty, it's silvery. It's twelve and a half inches long, and fairly springy.

He said I would probably make a good duellist in the future. Dumbledore was a great duellist, he duelled Voldemort and Grindelwald.

Second Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Hi Al!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any hobbies?

Are you looking forward to any subjects at Hogwarts? If so, which ones?

New chapter is out now!
    Purplemage

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Hi Cygnus! Is a Cygnus a swan? Your picture's a swan.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any hobbies?

Hobbies... I like to play Gobstones. I also like chess. Sometimes I play with Mr Ron Weasley at the joke shop, if they're not too busy. He likes chess too.

Are you looking forward to any subjects at Hogwarts? If so, which ones?

I like History. Rather, I like hearing about the things that Mum and Dad when they were young. I don't know if I'll like History of Magic at Hogwarts - Professor Binn is still teaching! How long has he been dead??

I think I will like Defense Against the Dark Arts. I think it's really important to know how to defend yourself and other people.