Thread: Piper Longbottom

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class

Piper Longbottom

A/N: I kind of want to flesh out Piper. So here it goes!

Hello, everyone. I'm Piper, age sixteen. I have my mum's blond curls, but my dad's brown eyes. I don't have such a great relationship with them. My dad's head of Gryffindor, by the way, but I'm not in that house. I'm a Slytherin. All of my older brothers were in Gryffindor (I have five-> Charlie, Tom, Lewis, Peter, and Luke). We used to be close, but after my sorting ... well, Hogwarts is different. To say people resent my house is a bit of an understatement. They're either scared we're all future Dark Lords or taking revenge on us for what happened in the war. People are hardly sorted into Slytherin anymore; there's less than thirty of us total.

And life in my house takes it's toll. Especially with my best friends. Nick (call her Nicole and you will regret it), really has lost the ability to trust peole, and then there's Albus. I've known him since as long as I can remember, but he's really changed this year. He's a lot more open around me, but at times he still closes himself off, almost like Nick, but then other times he's just so ... angry. And it seems I'm the only one who can calm him down again. But the rest of the time, he's really sweet. Nick keeps saying we should get together, but I don't know. There's so much going on ...

Someone has to be the sensible one. I can't run off and almost kill myself like Nick, or almost punch a wall whenever I'm upset. I have to be quiet, nice, "perfect" Piper; it seems everyone is depending on me, and I don't know how much longer I can take it. All I want to do is break down, as I watch everyone around me deteriorate, but there would be no one to catch me. It's my job to catch people.

Basically, I can boil my life down to this: Have you ever just wanted to scream at everyone, not even words, but just scream?

Yeah. That's me. I go through the motions each day; classes, which take almost no effort, trying to pry open Nick so she doesn't self-destruct, stop Albus from doing something stupid, go help the other Slytherins in the common room, deal with a new problem that arises. But there's these thoughts that haunt me. I can't stop myself from thinking when I see a poisonous plant or potion's ingredient that I could easily die, or that with a flick of my wand the same result could happen. It honestly scares me. It's only every once in a while, and no one knows about it, but I just feel so ... empty.

Unless Albus is around. He doesn't know exactly what's going on in my head, but his hugs, as cliché as it sounds, work magic. It's like his warmth and just ... feeling rush into me. I don't know if Nick notices anything, but to be honest, she has enough personal problems that she doesn't really notice what's going on in my life or Albus's. I think she understands to some degree, but the whole issue with J ... with the Ministry pulls her back into worrying about herself. I can't get mad at her for that; she needs to worry, but sometimes I just wish she would ask me what's wrong. I wish anyone would.

I'm sorry for blubbering at you like that, but it just feels good to say it, you know? I've never told anyone else this before. I think I might be too afraid they'd treat me differently, like I'm glass or something. Because I'm not. I survived five years dealing with all this, and I can get through this year and next year.

I think.
    Last edited by iMusic17; 09-11-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Hello, Piper. I'm sorry to hear your having such a rough time.

You say that you don't get on well with your parents, do you mind if I ask why? Do you get on well with your brothers?

Despite all the bad feeling against you, do you still feel proud to be a Slytherin?

Also, did the Sorting Hat tell you which qualities you have that made it place you in Slytherin?

Is Nick in trouble with the Ministry? Is there anything you or Albus could do to help her out?

Do you have friends in any of the other houses? Or at least people you are friendly with?

It sounds like you are under a lot of pressure and need someone to talk to. I hope things get better for you soon.

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hello, and thank you so mcuh. I was starting to think I'd scared everyone off.

You say that you don't get on well with your parents, do you mind if I ask why? Do you get on well with your brothers? A lot of stuff happened to my parents during the war- they won't say exactly what, but there are scars that they both refuse to explain. And I think that they hold a grudge against Slytherin, probably because of what happened. I know it must have been horrible, but I think they feel that I betrayed them. My mum especially. Either that or I'm evil. I haven't decided which.

As for my brothers ... well, they were at Hogwarts before me. They saw how everyone treated Slytherin, and why, and they were all Gryffindor. For me to be placed there ... they definitely don't think I'm a real sister to them anymore. I never write them. I don't know what I would say.

Despite all the bad feeling against you, do you still feel proud to be a Slytherin?
    You know what, I am. I honestly wouldn't be in any other house. We're like a family, and someday all of these grudges are going to go away. We're trying to help move that along- we were in the lead for the House Cup for a month. (Now we're almost in the negatives, but that's besides the point ...) Plus, I don't know where I'd be without Al or Nick. Or who I'd be.

Also, did the Sorting Hat tell you which qualities you have that made it place you in Slytherin?
    It did. It said I was one of the most determined people it had ever sorted. And it's true. It said I wasn't very cunning, though. I'm a little ambitious, but the main reason was my apparent determination.

Is Nick in trouble with the Ministry? Is there anything you or Albus could do to help her out?
    Yeah. Nick is in big trouble with the Ministry. There's really not much Albus or I could do. We tried to, at the beginning of the year, but then it just escalated and got out of control. I don't know if there's anything we can do at this point. We just don't have the power.

Do you have friends in any of the other houses? Or at least people you are friendly with?
    I'm pretty close to Rose and Scorpius, who are in Gryffindor. Nick is really close with Scorpius, and Al likes having a male mate. There are some things they, Rose especially, just don't understand. They try, but it's just not the same as it is with the Slytherins, you know?

Also, this year Nick's gotten friendly with a Hufflepuff. His name is Owen Dalton. He's funny as hell, and I think he's a good person to be around (especially for Nick). Almost the exact opposite of Nick, actually ....

Thank you so much for your questions. I hope things will start getting better soon.
    my page

(The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hello, Piper!

You say that you and Albus have gotten close. Do you fancy him?

Do you, Rose, and Nick spend some girl time together every once in a while? I'm not sure if Nick would like it, but maybe it would do all of you some good.

Do Scorpius and Rose get picked on for hanging out with you?

What are summers at your house like?

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hello, Julie. Thank you so much for the questions.

You say that you and Albus have gotten close. Do you fancy him?
    *blushes* I've known Albus for as long as I can remember, but we have gotten a lot closer of the years. This one especially. It seems like everything's falling down- that everyone's worst is coming out. I don't know if I fancy him or not- I think I do, but there's too much going on. I can't be focusing on a potential relationship when everything with Nick is happening. If it happens, I guess it happens. I don't really have time to worry about it.

Do you, Rose, and Nick spend some girl time together every once in a while? I'm not sure if Nick would like it, but maybe it would do all of you some good. Mostly it's just me and Rose. We usually talk a lot during the summer, and she knows a lot of things. She talks to me, too, but when we get to school everything changes. We're still close, but we can't be as close as we are during the summer. There's too many outside forces. We've tried having girl time with Nick, and sometimes she actually does it (usually when she's interrogating me about Albus), but it usually ends in her storming out. When we just sit and talk, it leads to secrets, and Nick keeps her cards very, very close to her chest. She refuses to tell us things. I know why, but sometimes I just wish she would, you know? We're her friends.

Do Scorpius and Rose get picked on for hanging out with you?
    They do, at least a little bit. Scorpius more so, because even though he's a Gryffindor people have this stupid idea that it's all part of his scheme to become the next Dark Lord. Rose does get some taunts a bit, but she's scary enough when she wants to be that people generally leave her alone.

What are summers at your house like?
    I hate summer. I generally hide in my room- my brothers know a lot more hexes now that they're out of school- or take refuge with Al. We go to the Burrow every Sunday, though, and that's when Rose and I talk. We usually go all the way up to Ron's room- I help her with her personal issues (that I obviously can't tell you, but she's not as lucky as everyone thinks) and she helps me with my Slytherin ones. Then Albus will probably try to get me on a broom, or we'll go to his house and just muck around.

I definitely spend most of my time reading, though. I send the occasional letter, too, but honestly, I have to worry about Nick during the summer even more than during the year. That's when she's in the most danger.

Piper
    my page

(The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Do your brothers hex you? If they do, why?

The hat said that you are determined, and I can see that you are. Before Hogwarts, which moment were you the most determined in?

Professor Zabini is your Head of House, and he seems pretty easy-going. He even seems to call some of you by your first names! What is your favorite memory of him?

You are given the oppurtunity to turn Professor Creevey into a pink pegasus and hand him over to the Care of Magical Creatures professor. No one will know it was you. Take it or leave it? (I know it's far-fetched, but I'd like to hear this answer! )

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Do your brothers hex you? If they do, why?
    Yeah. They do, sometimes. It's mainly when I reply to their taunting, because they honestly can't accept that I'm in Slytherin. When I was first sorted, they thought ti was a mistake. Now they just think I'm devil's spawn. That's all right, I guess. If they want to live their life with a stupid and outdated prejudice, they can. It's their loss.

The hat said that you are determined, and I can see that you are. Before Hogwarts, which moment were you the most determined in? This is kind of a funny story. I was nine, and Luke was teaching me to play Quidditch (he was a second year at the time). He told me to try being a beater, and then saw that I was actually halfway decent (the rest of the time I had been horrible. Luke had been laughing his arse off). Luke, being a beater himself, said that I couldn't possibly knock him off his broom. I stayed out there for four hours until I finally managed it.

Professor Zabini is your Head of House, and he seems pretty easy-going. He even seems to call some of you by your first names! What is your favorite memory of him?
    We're pretty close. He's the only head of house that really turns up in the common room and talks to his students. My favorite memory ... hmm ... one time we got him into a round of our Halloween game- it's like Truth or Dare, but not as stupid. You aren't allowed to pick or choose what you have to do for each person. It's up to them. During that time he had to sing soprano in front of the whole house, fly his broom around Hogwarts screaming, and stupid stuff like that. It was hilarious.

You are given the oppurtunity to turn Professor Creevey into a pink pegasus and hand him over to the Care of Magical Creatures professor. No one will know it was you. Take it or leave it? (I know it's far-fetched, but I'd like to hear this answer! )
    Yes. In a heartbeat. He's done too much to all of us.

Thank you so much again! This was more lighthearted.
    my page

(The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie