Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part IX

Snape's Talon
    Did you Mods enjoy everyone's reaction and frantic posts?

harry_kissed_ginny

Smile

Can we have our Common Rooms back? And Spring Term House Points? Pretty Please?

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    So, since this was all a big April Fool's joke, does Sparkly-Poo get to stay around? It was quite fun meeting all of the people from other houses.

Thanks!

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    ljroxyou - The Room of Requirement is a moderated forum yes. You will have to wait for Robin to approve your thread before it appears.

Snapes Talon - We did have a bit of a giggle at some of the reactions, yes. I got a bit worried with the amount of "this will ruin my life" comments... but I think we did Fred and George proud don't you?

h_k_g - The common rooms and house points thread will be returned shortly (if they havn't been already)

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley - Sparkly-Poo will be around for a little while for anyone who missed the prank to have a bit of a giggle. After a few days... we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Oh, and just a note to all members, please return all signatures to their correct sizes now. This means get rid of any huge lettering saying "save MNFF" because... well... we're safe and you're breaking the rules.

harry_kissed_ginny

Question

What is the ignore list/buddy list thing all about? What I mean is that when you click on a users name it says "add to ingnore list" and "add to buddy list". Does that really do anything?
    That was asked in Ask A Moderator VII, but it wasn't answered. Can someone clear that up for me?

Also, sorry if this has been asked before as well...

I am aware that some parts of this forum are moderated so that threads have to be run through a mod before they appear, such as the Room of Requirement. Can someone provide me with a list of the places where that happens?

Also, not sure if this is the correct place to ask this...

There is a Beta Mentoring Program.

Well, what if someone needs help learning how to use some tools on certain Banner Making Programs. Is there a sort of Banner Making Tutorial Program thing? If there is, can someone give me a link to it? I am having trouble with some tools on PhotoShop and the How Tos confuse me.

One last question.

Below the box in which you reply to/create threads, there is a box to Post Icons. What do these do?

~HKG

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    What is the ignore list/buddy list thing all about? What I mean is that when you click on a users name it says "add to ingnore list" and "add to buddy list". Does that really do anything?
    Your buddy list is a list of your friends on the site. When they are online, you will see a little + sign by their name in the "whos online" box at the bottom of the page. As far as I know, the ignore list will make it so that you can't see that persons posts, although I'm not sure about this. A lot of members just ignore the feature all together.

I am aware that some parts of this forum are moderated so that threads have to be run through a mod before they appear, such as the Room of Requirement. Can someone provide me with a list of the places where that happens?
    The Room of Requirement is the main forum where this happens at it is the most likely forum to recieve spam threads, I believe General Fanfic discussion is moderated in the same way. However, in Madam Pomfrey's forum and Fan-Fiction Help forums such as Skele-Gro, The Reference Desk, Excerpts of Murtlap, etc. There is a restriction in place that says that any registered member who isn't sorted into a house will have their posts moderated.

What if someone needs help learning how to use some tools on certain Banner Making Programs. Is there a sort of Banner Making Tutorial Program thing? If there is, can someone give me a link to it? I am having trouble with some tools on PhotoShop and the How Tos confuse me.
    We do not have tutorials for specific programs as we are a fanfiction site rather than a banner making site. However, the BA has it's own mentoring program for it's mebers. If you are not a member, I'm sure you can find someone within the BA threads who would be happy to help you.

Below the box in which you reply to/create threads, there is a box to Post Icons. What do these do?
    Post Icons are little smilies that show up at the top of your post next to the post title. They're just a bit of fun mostly, but if a post is important you can draw more attention to it with an icon.

Morwen
    I tried to post in Sparkley-Poo, but it said that I wasn't allowed to make new posts. Do I need to join a CP for it?

songbook99
    Morwen, Sparkly-Poo has been closed for posting and will shortly be removed. That is why you cannot post there.

MJ_Padfoot
    I don't think that anyone has asked this...sorry if it has been asked.

For putting the little 'Click ME to see banner' or whatever it's called, how can I do that for my profile on MFF. For here you click the little earth and give it the URL but I can't figure out how to do it on my profile for banners. Can anyone help?

~MJ

james_fanatic

Banner Link

I'm sorry if anyone has asked this before and I just didn't see it, but how do you make it so when you click on a banner, you can go to an author's story? I'm really confused about that. Thanks!