Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part IX

songbook99
    I believe the consensus of the discussion about first cousins being betrothed and getting married was that it was okay. That kind of relationship has been common practice in a number of cultures throughout history. Incest would be anyone from a person's immediate family, i.e. parents, siblings, grandparents, children.

SimpleMinds, registered users are allowed to post new threads. However, all threads posted by non-Sorted members must be moderated before they are viewable. If you are having further problems with posting, please PM me.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    Hello! Just curious as to whether there will be Quicksilver Quills awards this year and, if so, when nominations begin. I already have quite a long list of exemplary stories I'd like to nominate!

Potterphile12
    Oops, I kind of assumed that first cousin relations were illegal. Apparently, I'm just delusional. Sorry about that, Sandy. I guess then you can move ahead with your story. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Schmerg

You are excited, aren't you? Well, we haven't thought that far ahead but I'm sure there will be ample time for nominations and you'll know as soon as we do.

hpluver365
    I am here for (yet another) question!

You know how there's a size limit for avvies? Well, I have this avvie that's 100x100. I found it on a site. Its not animated or anything, so it shouldn't be to big, but it is. Every time I try to get it as my avvie, it says that the file is to big. Heres the link to the avvie. Any reasons why it doesn't work?

Also, being the curious person that I am, I have a random question. What does the orange light in the middle symbolize? Theres green, which means logged on, and red, which means logged off, but what does the orange mean?

Also, I just want to extend my thanks to all you wonderful mods who donate your time to these forums. Snaps for you!

Cheers!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Well, not only do avatars have to be 100x100, they also have to be 19.5 KB or under. I'm not computery enough to know what would happen if everybody had avatars that were 25 KB, but if I were to take a wild stab at it , I'd say it might make the site a lot slower.

The middle light (another one where I'm guessing, but I'm a lot more sure about this one) probably means that the user is logged in, but they're idle, meaning that they haven't done anything for a while.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

bewitching

When registering for the forums, I was worried that I would not be able to access certain parts of the site if I was under 18 (As other websites much like this one, often do), but now I know that I can and I was wondering if there was any way I could change that information, showing my actual age of 15?

snapes_lover1207

random question...

hi who is head of hufflepuff? iv been sorted into hufflepuff but it dont appear on my profle and nothings changed. can anyone help? xx

Potterphile12
    Bewitching

Please PM me and I'll attempt to fix what you need.

snapes_lover1207

First off, welcome to MNFF. Hufflepuff's HoH is Elysa (PhysicalGraffiti) but any matters that have to do with sorting should be directed to Karin (songbook99). Also, please remember to use correct spelling and grammar in your posts.

AurorGirl101
    I'm not quite sure if I am supposed to PM a Mod about this or not....

My new chapter for one of my fics has received 3 reviews since it was posted Tuesday. I only recieved an email for the first one, the last two I didn't even know were there until I just went to reply to a few others. Is this a glitch?

Thanks in advanced!

Ron x Hermione
    Hello there!

What exactly is the definition of dubious content? It's a warning on MNFF, and I had a story that I think might fit that description, but I just wanted to know exactly.

Thanks so much!

~Lindsey