Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part IX

myownmuggle
    SnowyHedwig112: PM a copy of the avatar to me and I'll take a look at it.

2. 04-30-2007, 05:12 PM

3. 05-02-2007, 12:32 AM

Ron x Hermione
    Hi Mods,

You know how on the main site, there is a box in your control panel you can check while logged in about how it emails you when your favourites is updated?

Well, I got 23 messages for the same thing being updated . . . and it was all over a thirty minute time period. I had the same exact thing happen with another one, and it sent eight over a ten minute period. I don't want to uncheck the box because I would like to know when my favs are updated, but is there any way to stop the enormous amount of spam?

Thanks so much,

~Lindsey

myownmuggle
    Ron x Hermione: I'll let one of our admins shed more light on this if they can, but as far as I know it's a system glitch and there's not much we can do about it, unfortunately.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

*nods* It is a system glitch. Sometimes a story is added to a lot of favourites. When we validate a new chapter the system then begins to generate all the emails to notify of the update. As far as we can tell, this then seems to confuzzle the system into not allowing the fic to be validated. If we need to repeatedly try to validate said fic then emails are still generated even if the fic isn't validated. Hence lots of update emails. There isn't too much we can do about it at the moment unfortunately, but it doesn't happen to often.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

hpluver365
    When are class sign-ups going to start being posted? I've seen some vague answers, but nothing specific. I don't want to be too late!

apollo13
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Maeve
    *nods* It is a system glitch. Sometimes a story is added to a lot of favourites. When we validate a new chapter the system then begins to generate all the emails to notify of the update. As far as we can tell, this then seems to confuzzle the system into not allowing the fic to be validated. If we need to repeatedly try to validate said fic then emails are still generated even if the fic isn't validated. Hence lots of update emails. There isn't too much we can do about it at the moment unfortunately, but it doesn't happen to often.
    Ah, I've been wondering about this lately. Especially scince for ages now, I seem to get literally dozens of emails spanning for over a fortnight before thae actual fic is validated. The most specific one (I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to do this, please excuse me if I I'm not) is Adventures in Courtship, by SunDevil05. In the past three days, I've recieved eleven emails saying that chapter fifteen has been validated, even though it hasn't.

That's not really why I'm here, though. I was wondering where we will be able to sign up for different classes. Because I've heard several different places - The Three Broomsticks, The Great Hall and The Classes.

Sorry If this has already been asked.

Also, lately evertime I come onto the forums or MNFF, I have to sign myself in. This has never happened before because I always tick the remember me box so I don't have to, but it does it nearly everytime now. Is there a reason for this?
    ~Evie

SK witch
    Hello!

Well, yesterday I recieved a letter saying that my chapter has been approved and validated, but when I checked the chapter it was still in queue... What should I do?? Was the letter sent to me by mistake or something, because I don't want the chapter to stay in queue for long time unecessarily. My story's called Journey On Water...if anyone could tell me what happened, and what I should do, please let me know..!

ABeautifulTradgedy
    So I was wondering..

I've been sorted. Hufflepuff!! Anyways, I'm supposed to be able to see the House Common Room on the forum, but I don't. Is this just a glitch, or am I just missing something??

xoxo

AurorGirl101
    Does a moderator have to step in and delete a review when someone leaves their email address in the review?

If so, my story, Hope For Tomorrow, needs a review deleted. Thanks in advance!!!

WhittyLeah
    hpluver365: They are not posted yet, there will be something in the Announcements when sign-ups start. PM Vindictus Viridian for more info about classes.

apollo13: Sign-ups are normally in the Classes area. PM Vindictus Viridian for more info about classes. About signing- in, it may be because you are clearing your cookies.

SK Witch: Sometimes when a mod validates a fic there is a glitch and an Admin has to manually add the fic. I am guessing that is what happened. I will ask about it.

ABeautifulTradgedy: You haven't been added by the Hufflepuff Head of House yet. You will get a little title under your username that says: Hufflepuff. If you still can't see things then, PM me.

AurorGirl101: Please PM me with the link to the review and I will delete it.

~Leah