Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part IX

songbook99
    Fenn, this really wasn't the appropriate place for that. You should've contacted either Anasuya or I, since she's in charge of the Guild and has appointed me second-in-command, to get that taken care of. This really is only for questions. However, it has been taken care of.

2. 04-13-2007, 12:12 AM

defying_gravity
    If I passed the accredidation test, can I join the Beta Guild, but still remain in the beta mentor program as a mentoree?

myownmuggle
    defying_gravity: Absolutely! Being a beta mentoree is a great way for you to practice those newly accredited skills under the guidance of a more experienced beta. Eventually I hope that our mentorees will go on to become mentors one day.

luvtheweasleys
    Hello..not sure if this is the appropriate place..but I am very interested in taking the test to become a beta reader. I have sent two inquiries with no reply. Am I missing an important step in the process? I have a ton of experience. English major in college and I was in charge of the fanfiction at dissendium for awhile. Any information you can give me, would be greatly appreciated....thanks!!!

6. 04-14-2007, 11:25 PM

jpkitty

OC

Hello Mods, I am taking my second brave stab at writing fan fiction. I am wondering if fan fiction in which the main character is an OC is allowed on this archive. I don't think that I'll have very many non-OC characters in my story.

Thanks in advance, Jon

Ron x Hermione
    Hi Mods!

I've noticed that some people have been starting new threads if it has reached over 150 posts. My banner/avvie thread is reaching that mark at a count of 146 right now . . . so, would you like for me to ask to lock and grave that one when it gets to the 150 mark and make a new one, or just continue my old one?

Thanks,

~Lindsey

myownmuggle
    luvtheweasleys: If you are referring to the tests required by Perfect Imagination (entry and accreditation), you will need to contact them directly. If you are referring to offering your services here, we do not require that you take a test to post an ad. You can PM me with specific questions.

jpkitty: Featuring an OC as your main character is fine, as long as the rest of your story fits into the UP universe. If you have specific questions about the character or plot, I'd be happy to discuss them by PM.

Ron x Hermione: If you're nearing the 150 mark, I suggest you PM the mod in charge of the forum and ask them to lock your existing thread before creating a new one. If I can be of assistance though, you can reach me by PM.

10. 04-16-2007, 04:16 AM

myownmuggle
    MJ_Padfoot: This question needs to be posted in this thread. Identify your username, the story title, and category.

Suya's Edit: Oops, sorry Julie! Looks like we were dealing with this at the same time.

harry_kissed_ginny
    I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but....

A fic of mine was put in the queue on Friday. LAST Friday, as in Friday the 6th. Another one was put in on Tuesday the 10th. Since one of them has been in for almost a week and a half, is there someone I should contact? I'm asking only because I feel like I read somewhere that if a fic is in the queue for longer than X amount of time, you should contact a mod. And since the other is almost a week in, I feel like I should contact someone soon for that one as well. Am I crazy? If this isn't an appropriate question, please tell me!

~HKG

songbook99
    harry_kissed_ginny, it is stated that it may take up to seven to ten days for a moderator to look over a submission to the queue. Therefore, you should not contact a moderator until after the tenth day.