Thread: Quidditch.......

gryffseeker

Quidditch.......

Is it possible for slytherin beaters to be banned from quidditch in this senario:
    The game is over and gryffindor won. Both beater hurl buldgers at the gryffindor keeper---almost killing him.
    Would it be possible?
    Thanks!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Yes, but it depends on who the headmaster/mistress is.
    On hiatus for a little while
    Photobucket

This slice of pure awesomeness was made by majestic_ginny. And the avvie (another slice of awesomeness) was made by Broken_Promise.

AND...I'm an ebil minion.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Is it very clear that the game is over, making this an attack of malice from the beaters? Or did the whistle JUST blow, and this could conceivably be a legal play that got interrupted and the Keeper was not paying attention?

In the first scenario, I would think that they would certainly at least be suspended for several games. In the second, I think that would be up to the Quidditch referee - call a penalty, or pass it to the headmaster?

banner by the ever wonderful Nadia
    - AcaciaCarter writes - @AcaciaCarter tweets - AcaciaCarter drabbles - AcaciaCarter duels

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    In my opinion, they would be banned. Kind of like the Beaters (Fred&George) and the Seeker (Harry) were banned by Umbridge in the fifth book for attacking the Slytherin Seeker (Malfoy).

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Harry was also suspended, or rather prevented, from playing Quidditch in Half Blood Prince for hexing Draco. So it's entirely plausible that two Beaters would be banned for an incident that takes place after the game. It does depend on the provocation and, as Krista says, who the headmaster/mistress is.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Toads View Post
    In my opinion, they would be banned. Kind of like the Beaters (Fred&George) and the Seeker (Harry) were banned by Umbridge in the fifth book for attacking the Slytherin Seeker (Malfoy).
    Do keep in mind, of course, that Umbridge was looking for any and every reason to make life difficult for them, and her ideas of discipline were extremist and cruel and would be dispensed on the slightest of excuses.

This is a school where cursing someone in the bathroom to the point where they would have bled to death without immediate help leads to nothing more terrible than several weeks of detention (though, as Carole points out, it did lead to Harry being unable to play Quidditch). A headmaster/mistress other than Dumbledore might be considerably less lenient, but I don't think the staff would put up with another Umbridge.

banner by the ever wonderful Nadia
    - AcaciaCarter writes - @AcaciaCarter tweets - AcaciaCarter drabbles - AcaciaCarter duels

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Well - I can't remember what happened afterwards, but wasn't there a quidditch game where Harry caught the snitch and then Crabbe whacked a bludger at him? I'm not totally sure if they'd be banned, but there'd certainly be hell to pay, especially if it caused that serious an injury.
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Yes, I remember that. Crabbe just got lines for it, though. Personally, it depends on the kind of attack. I think if they were really close to the seeker and hit a bludger, they would get in some serious trouble because of the close range, and it would definitely be deliberate. From a farther range, it might be deemed an accident, and might not be as serious. I don't think it jut depends on the headmaster. It also depends on the head of houses, and the referee, and perhaps the coach (when not at Hogwarts). Look at our own sports and offenses that have been done.
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

gryffseeker
    Thanks!
    My scenario is when McGonagall is Headmistress. The game had clearly been over with a Gryffindor victory. The Slytherin Seeker had been beaten by a Wronski Feint (I don't know how to spell it) and was unconscious. The Slytherins were all very furious and well, you know how their tempers work. The Mugglenet people were telling me that that was completely impossible. I guess it needs more explaining....

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 09-01-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Please try to use your best spelling, especially of canon words, to which we were exposed for the entirety of seven books.