Thread: When Lily was gone... Did Snape talk to Voldemort?

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    I Hear Cat Ears Are All the Rage, Hermione

When Lily was gone... Did Snape talk to Voldemort?

This seems highly unlikely, but in the final duel, Voldemort says that when Lily had died, Snape told Voldemort that there were other women of purer blood. My question is- when? He did not talk to him until Voldemort's return, right? (for reference, see American Version of DH, page 740) If so, why would Lily have come up in conversation? True, Voldemort thought Snape had left him forever (probably because of Lily), so just how did Snape convince him he hadn't?

This seems like too simple of an answer really at first, but it just confused me. I appreciate any responses.
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    It has confused me too. After Lily died, Moldy was gone. It has really thrown me into a loophole. Sorry I couldn't help. I'll come back later when I figure out something.
    ~Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    What's With Mars?
    I think that actually what happened was the Voldy and Snape had a conversation before Voldy went to kill the Potters. Snape would've been begging to save Lily, but once he realised he couldn't win the argument, I reckon he would've admitted defeat and seen Voldy's way and stay on his good side. Now a double-agent, he would see it as one of his priorities, seeing that Lily's death was pretty inevitable, to stay on Voldy's good side.

Alternatively, they most definitely would've talked after Voldemort was reborn in GoF. I think that this is probably more plausible than the above, as Snape doesn't seem the type to give up.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I think Lily might have come up in conversation anytime that Snape used his patronus. Surely Voldemort understood the connection. I wonder if the rest of the Death Eaters knew about his patronus...perhaps Snape avoiding using it in front of them? Not quite related, but an interesting thought....

Please read & review my new story! Banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    What's With Mars?
    Quote Originally Posted by expelliarmus17
    I think Lily might have come up in conversation anytime that Snape used his patronus. Surely Voldemort understood the connection. I wonder if the rest of the Death Eaters knew about his patronus...perhaps Snape avoiding using it in front of them? Not quite related, but an interesting thought....
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, UK edition, page 592: The Flaw in the Plan
    (')You never saw Snape cast a Patronus, did you, Riddle?'
    Voldemort did not answer.
    This basically means that what you said can't be possible. However, it then says:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, UK edition, page 592: The Flaw in the Plan
    'He desired her, that was all,' sneered Voldemort, 'but when she had gone, he agreed that there were other women, and of purer blood, worthier of him --'
    This does beg Nagini Riddle's question, but I think that it must be after Voldemort returned. Harry continues the conversation with:

'Of course he told you that,' said Harry, but he was Dumbledore's spy from the moment you threatened her, and he's been working against you ever since.(')
    I answered this question in post two, but with these quotes I leave you all to make up your own minds.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I doubt Snape would have revealed the depth of his utterly pure love (coughobsessioncough) to Voldemort. He obviously spoke to Voldy about Lily and possibly gave the impression that it was 'desire' rather than love, but it seems clear that Voldy didn't take it that seriously.

The conversation could have taken place anytime from when Snape found out Harry was targeted, to after GOF. He would readily have agreed that others were more worthy, so he could continue his spying mission.

I think BrokenPromise answered this better than me, but there is a JK quote somewhere regarding Snape's Patronus. He was the only DE that could cast one, and they'd never seen his.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird