Thread: What happened to Fluffy?

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

What happened to Fluffy?

I was just wondering what ever happened to Hagrid's beloved three-headed pet after he had finished guarding the Stone. Did he remain at Hogwarts or was he sent somewhere else? Any ideas? Thanks!
    ~Julie

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I personally think he was sent somewhere else. Maybe to the wild…
    After all, what would he have done staying in Hogwarts?~Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I don't think a large three headed dog would've been released into the wild. It would be too dangerous and too likely to wander into a populated area.

After Fluffy's job at Hogwarts guarding the Stone was finished, I don't think Dumbledore could justify keeping Fluffy at Hogwarts. I bet Hagrid would have tried though.

I don't remember if Hagrid had raised Fluffy or purchased him from someone. If Fluffy was just borrowed from someone else, then I'm sure he would be returned.

If not, I suppose Fluffy would have to be sold to someone else (maybe Gringott's?) who wanted a huge guard dog.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    Well given how Gringotts treats their dragons, I doubt that Hagrid would allow his beloved pet to fall into the hands of the goblins. However, I do think it's likely that he was sent to someone else who needed him.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that Hagrid won Fluffy somewhere (I might be mixing his story up with Norbert, but I think he said he won Fluffly at cards) in a pub. Where did fluffy originate from? Greece, perhaps?

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Yes, Fluffy is from Greece. In PS, Hagrid said he bought Fluffy of a Greek chappie.
    ~Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I'm pretty sure Fluffy wouldn't have remained in Hogwarts. Hagrid must have sold him to someone else, or is there any wizarding breeding center/zoo somewhere? Maybe he was taken there. I don't think Hagrid would give him to someone if there's a chance he'll never see him again. Hagrid kept Aragog in the Forbidden Forest and sent Norbert to the dragon reservation. He can go visit both pets somewhere. I think he'll sent Fluffy off to somewhere like a zoo/animal reserve or somewhere like that so he could go visit him sometimes.

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Fluffy.... Hmmmm... It really makes you wonder what happened to other pets, too, like Errol, the last blast-ended skrewt, Witherwings(Buckbeak), Kreacher (did he survive the battle?) and various others. I think if it had been really important, JKR would have mentioned where the dog went. That being said, I think it may have gone back to Greece. What was the dog doing beforehand? Seeing as the three-headed dog is from Greek myth, and guarded the Underworld for Hades, I'm wondering if perhaps Fluffy was at all related to said guard dog, or even if he was that dog. Hagrid named it Fluffy- I'm sure it had a name before that. If so, perhaps it went back to the Underworld... Maybe Hagrid bought it illegally, and the Greek chappie had stolen the dog. Hades might have gotten mad and found the dog and taken him back!

Interesting question...
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Nagini Riddle: the dog being descended from the Greek Underworld dog or even being that dog would assume that the greek mythology is actually true in the wizarding world. I am pretty sure there isn't a definitive answer on that, but it would make an interesting story if you believe that. I am more inclined to believe that the people the ancient greeks thought were Gods and Goddesses were actually witches and wizards (this is all of course my belief for the potterverse, not the real world).

In answer to your other questions, I think that Hagrid probably took Buckbeak to the cave with him and he was there during the battle. I am also pretty sure Kreacher survived the battle because Harry wondered after the battle if Kreacher could bring him a sandwich. I mean, Kreacher could be dead and Harry just doesn't know it yet, but they did have all the dead and wounded brought to one spot.

As for the blast-ended skrewt and errol probably died at some point. Errol was pretty old and that blast-ended skrewt probably either wandered off or stopped receiving proper care (i mean Hagrid did leave the country in between the fourth and fifth books)

Back to Fluffy. I think it's likely Fluffy was sold or given to some organization. I doubt Hagrid would have let a zoo take it. He was so hesitant to give Norbert to Charlie and he had to in order to not get in trouble with the law. However, we don't know if it was illegal to own Fluffy (I'd like to think not, since Dumbledore went along with using him), but definitely inconvenient. So, probably sold or returned to the owner. Or both.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I am more inclined to believe that the people the ancient greeks thought were Gods and Goddesses were actually witches and wizards (this is all of course my belief for the potterverse, not the real world).
    Interesting idea ...

I mean, Kreacher could be dead and Harry just doesn't know it yet, but they did have all the dead and wounded brought to one spot.
    After finishing DH and hearing no further mention of Kreacher, I thought the same thing and flipped back a few pages to when Kreacher led the House Elves against the Death Eaters AFTER Harry surrendered himself... but that's probably not on topic

I think it's definitely possible that Fluffy was decended from that dog. When I read about him in the first book, my first thought was "CERBERUS!" But I get the idea that Fluffy is just a descendant.

BACK FROM HIATUS!