Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravenclaw Quidditch Team RR

mostlikelytolie
    James had had quite enough. "Follow me." He led his friends up to Astronomy Tower. "Mother Nature won't stop me from playing Quidditch. If that spell didn't work, I'll make one that will."

"Prongs, wait a minute, you can't just MAKE a spell up." Remus hastened to keep up with James. "It doesn't work that way."

Sparks shot from James' wand. "I don't care, I'm going to try."

"What're you gonna do, Prongs?" Wormtail said, positively frightened.

"Well, we obviously can't change REAL weather, so I’ll make the weather something... unreal..."

“You’re not… you can’t- you won’t!”

“Oh, I will.”

Oh, you know you all want to. I think we should make him not have detention today, but instead have to watch the game- that way we actually can watch Quidditch.

If this is too unreal, let me know, I can change it.

<3 Ker

btw... We've written WAY more than the other teams have.

helgaandgodric
    James kept on marching, followed by a grinning Sirius, annoyed Remus, and a struggling Peter. So intent was he on getting to the Astronomy Tower that he completely ran into Professor Dumbledore. "Oh, I'm sorry, Professor," he said, a little abashed, as he helped the older man up.

"Not a problem, Mr. Potter," Dumbledore said, a twinkle in his eye. "I was actually on my way to find you and Mr. McElligott and inform you both that while you do not have detention today as Professor McGonagall is ill, you still may not play Quidditch. That is all."
    You ask and you shall receive, Ker Although I still believe we need to have it rain tea cups.

Kate

mostlikelytolie
    Ahh, Kate, I meant...

"THAT'S IT!" James ran the rest of the way to the Astronomy Tower. Opening the hatch they had found in second year, he climbed to the roof. Aiming his wand at the clear blue sky, he felt the magic surge through him. "Pulvit poculum!"

He nearly fell off the roof as a powerful burst of a fiery red spell emerged from his wand. Though not entirely sure of what he'd intended to do, the effect was immediate. As James Potter slowly lowered his wand, he could hear Sirius shout out from behind him.

"Prongs, what've you done? It's raining TEACUPS!"
    Yeah, I did it. We all wanted to, don't deny.
    *Throws baton up in the air, catches it behind her back*
    Next?

helgaandgodric
    sorry I took so long in my claiming!

Everyone knew who had caused the “rain.” It had been all over the school that James and McElligott were banned from Quidditch, so students were waiting for a prank to stop the match--expecting it, actually. Not only were the students expecting it, but the teachers, although no one had bothered to tell James. So, he was shocked when the magically magnified voice of an ill Professor McGonagall boomed around the castle fifteen minutes later while he was in the Common Room.

"The Quidditch match will still commence in two hours, as planned! James Potter, report to the teacher’s stands!”
    100 words, exactly.

Kate

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    is back...I hope you guys like it. I agree that we're not at the Quidditch yet, but we do have five days? *counts* Remember to make it fun for yourselves as well ok?

Is Star still doing the Irish thing with McE? And then Sirius says that thing?
    And we're all definitely doing that thing with the wrath/scorn, right?!
    Sorry for hte code talk!

Meanwhile, in her unearthly realm, Mother Nature was in deep meditation as she reached out with her very earthly magic to all her children. Suddenly, she furrowed her eyebrows in concentration at the disturbance in Scotland. It was a peculiar feeling this one. Curiously, Mother Nature reached out towards the disturbance trying to locate the commotion in the weather. Horrified at her findings, Mother Nature pulled back, seething with anger at the interference on the weather from some of her favorite children.

“Teacups!” she huffed, gathering her magic from around Earth in order to go in search of the instigator.
    100 words exactly!
    *grabs baton from Ker and twirls*
    Next up!

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

mostlikelytolie

The older professor was wrapped in a blanket when James arrived at the teachers' stands. "Ah Mister Potter. Quite the spell you've created here."

James looked her in the eyes, unabashed. "What can I say? I'm creative when I'm angry."

"Well, as you can guess, you won't get the outcome you desired. As it is, Mr. McElligott, who managed to control his anger, will be playing this afternoon--"

"But, Professor-"

"--and your spot will be taken by our first alternate, Mr. Lupin. Now, take a seat, Mister Potter, and afterwards, you will serve your detention with me."
    Do we want Sirius or Remus to play? I can adjust! Also- McElligott gets the girl in the end, so he ought to play, right? Kate- in the second line, change it to this "match-- expecting it, actually." Also, change "of and ill Professor McGonagall" into "of AN ill"

haha, what's this, 3 updates in 1 day? Am I overdoing it?
    <3

EDIT!! I didn't even see yours Ritta, I'm glad you did the MN thing, haha, and not what I wrote out! Oh, and what THING does Sirius say? I think it was Dumbledore who will say the "Hell hath...", wasn't it?

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    *sigh*
    I think this still works though. Let me know, or I'll edit it.

That bastard, McElligot, fumed James.

Oh, but he’ll pay, he thought, a sly grin spreading over his lips. He looked around for Professor McGonagall before turning to Dumbledore.

“Professor, since I am serving detention anyway, would it be ok if I sat a bit higher up in the stands?” he asked blankly.

The old man studied James before a twinkle lit up his eyes. “Of course, Mr. Potter, report back here at the end of the match.”

Scowling, James reached for the inside of his cloak and pulled out Moony’s book: Magical Manipulation of Weather: It’s Upside
    *has edited to fit Star's drabble* I only changed "grinning" to "scowling"

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Wand_Waver2006
    did you guys have fun while I stuffed myself on fetticuini alfredo?

It was a moody James that sat beneath the umbrella he, Sirius, and Peter shared. There were glass fragments everywhere--several students had been sent to the Hospital Wing already for cuts from the teacups that fell--and the stream of drinking apparatuses hadn't slowed down in the least. The players on the field dodged each other as much as the falling cups, but James wasn't laughing along with the rest of them.

"Come on, Prongs, cheer up! Remus is doing better than last year," tried Peter, but he received no response.
    I'm sorry, Ritta, I was posting before you claimed...*blushes*

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    I'm sticking with MN's POV you guys - we do need to move it along in that direction. I'll also do Lily's POV. You guys focus on the Quidditch.

The closer Mother Nature got to Scotland, the stronger the urge to punish one of her children became. Didn’t they know better than to mess with the weather and nature? All of her magical children knew that nature was strong with magic, but to mess with it was disastrous. Not only had she felt teacups in her beautiful rain clouds, they were crying out in anguish to be released. Apparently, her lovelies had been magically manipulated to hold in their water, and were crying in agony for it.

No, this would just not do, Mother Nature fumed.

mostlikelytolie
    "And Ravenclaw scores again, making them ninety to thirty over Gryffindor!"

Remus was obviously trying his hardest, but with one Beater bleeding from the brow, and their Keeper looking dizzy, things did not look good for the Gryffindor team. And McElligott is too busy parading around to pay attention to the Snitch.

James watched sulkily as his team zoomed through the air, groaning with the rest of the Gryffindors as a teacup caught Aramella Lawrence in the eye. One chaser down, two more to go. James sighed haughtily, feeling very much at blame, then opened Moony's book once more.
    Thanks Star, I would ADORE being captain next time 'round... but I doubt it'd be quite the same with different teammates. <3