Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May challenge - WHEN TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Name: WeasleyMom
    House: Hufflepuff
    Characters used:Luna, Lucius
    Title: Something Happy
    Ratings/Warnings: 3-5, none
    Favourite thing about May: Mother's Day
    Author's Note: Just for fun, this time I've decided to comply with the rules of the prompt.

As the chill crept toward her over the grounds, Luna gazed into the forest. Just ahead, there was the faintest shimmer of light, but it vanished almost immediately, and then again, a little to the left. She took a step into the cold, despite Ernie’s word of caution from behind. She heard the scuffle of feet upon her, the question in Seamus’ voice.

Answering with a smile, she raised her wand to the black figures bearing down on their friends. “They need our help.”

A moment later, the boys’ Patronuses chased the silver hare into the darkness. Again, and again.

Lucius stood at the tree line, surveying the battle. He’d been with the Dark Lord not long ago, and the stink of fear still hung on him, an impenetrable skin.

He turned and blinked at the cold… yes, it was Potter and his friends, facing Dementors.

Potter, just there.

A dozen courses of action raced through his mind, but he knew he’d do nothing. He would neither face Dementors nor take on six students alone.

As wisps of light charged forth, the hole in Lucius’ chest creaked and widened: He’d not been able to cast his own Patronus in years.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

TheCursedQuill
    Name: TheCursedQuill
    House: Gryffindor
    Characters used: Greyback/Lupin
    Title: Revenge
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years - um, violent images? But not really.
    Favourite thing about May: Victoria Day camping! Mmm, S'mores.

He could smell them all, their scent lingering on the walls of the castle. It was such a delicious, pure smell of children’s flesh. He smiled, blood dripping from his teeth, as he spotted a young witch losing to some masked Death Eater.

He let out a snarl and was ready to pounce before something knocked him down. Long fingers pulled his hair and he growled as he pushed away a body.

Remus Lupin crashed to the stone ground, a cut opening his left shoulder and spilling blood to the floor.

“Come back to play?” Greyback taunted.

“Only to win!”

The scene around the castle was indescribably horrific. Lifeless bodies clung to the stone leaving dark red spots on the ground. People were fighting everywhere, trying desperately to end the bloodshed, but it was no use. Only one man held that power.

But Remus knew he also had the power to save an innocent life.

His head snapped around when he heard the loud snarl rip through the air. He’d know that noise anywhere having heard it endlessly through his nightmares. Remus’ blood boiled, his teeth clenched – he wouldn’t let that animal take another life. He had to save her.

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Name: ron lover
    Characters used: Hagrid and Dolohov
    Ratings/Warnings: 1-2 year, none
    Favourite thing about May: How green the grass looks with dark skies and rain.
    Author's Note: What's in quotes is from Deathly Hallows, page 703.

The thick rope was bound tightly around his wrists and torso, burning and chafing where it touched his bare skin. Hagrid’s thrashing only made it worse. He didn’t stop moving when he saw the two Death Eaters return. Harry was not with them. Hagrid believed that Harry would come, believed that seeing his friends fight and fall would be too much.

And then he heard the voice that he would notice anywhere.

“HARRY! NO!”

Harry appeared out of nowhere and faced Voldemort.

Hagrid tried breaking free; he tried to help Harry – but he could not move.

He couldn’t save Harry.

Dolohov was scared. He knew what happened to those who told the Dark Lord what he didn’t want to hear.

The Dark Lord’s expression didn’t change, but he toyed with his wand. Dolohov waited for the curse that never came.

Belatrix spoke. Never before had Dolohov been grateful to have that woman open her mouth.

“I thought he would come,” said the Dark Lord. He glanced at Dolohov.

Dolohov feared that he would strike. But then he heard a different voice out of the silence: Harry Potter. The Dark Lord’s attention was averted.

Dolohov let out a breath of relief.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Kara
    Characters used: Bellatrix Lestrange, Molly Weasley
    Title: For Your Love
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd/5th
    Favourite thing about May: That's easy -- my birthday! (and all the other birthdays, and the weather)

It was your Dark Lord's right to murder Harry Potter, and he has claimed it. There have been times before when you could have killed the boy, could, could, could, but you didn't, out of loyalty. Instead, you have made it your task, as the Dark Lord's first lieutenant, his right hand, his most faithful warrior, to get the ones Potter loves, loved, loved. You don't understand why he loved the Weasleys, but he did, oh yes. Like he loved that weakling werewolf and your niece. And you're sure he loved the girl the most. And so you take aim.

Remus. Tonks. Fred. Fred. Fred. You haven't been able to stop going over the names in your head. They have joined Fabian and Gideon and stayed with you during the past hour. Maybe they will never leave you. And now Harry. His name isn't there yet. You cannot comprehend it. There wasn't enough time before chaos broke out around you. And suddenly, everything rushes from your mind, even the names, for a moment, when you hear her cackle as her curse narrowly misses your daughter. Her old taunts still burn inside you, flaming high now. She won't claim another life.

Characters used: Dementors, Ernie Macmillan
    Title: Fear Itself
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd/5th

For too long, we have been stationed in the village, this empty place. There is nothing here but hopelessness. Nothing to feed on. We are starved. We have been tied to our posts, unable to move freely, growing restless. And then we feel the pulse. We smell it, taste it, lust for it. Our hunger for the emotion so close to us is stronger than our magical bounds, and we rise from our posts, drawn to the growing throb of fear and suffering and hope and love and passion. We join our brethren at the gates. We will feast tonight.

He heard them before he saw them. Or rather, he couldn't hear anything anymore. There was a silence spreading towards them from the gates that sucked the sounds of the battle up greedily. He tried to hold his wand tightly, but it almost slipped from his hand. There was such a mass of them. It would be impossible. But suddenly, there was a silver flicker ahead, and he didn't think of how he hadn't seen Hannah in hours and Justin in months. He thought of Luna's return and Neville's bravery and his mother's proud smile when he would come home.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Just to let you know, that I am going to judge this competition on the plane coming home, so results in the next couple of days.

I am so sorry for not judging sooner; there's no excuse for keeping you all waiting.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    RESULTSSSS!!!!

Sorry again for the delay.

1st Place - the opaleye Greyback/Trelawney 15 points

2nd Place - Broken Promise - Dean/Dolohov 10 points

3rd Place - Weasley Mom - Luna/Lucius 5 points

Gryffindor 27
    welshdevondragon 5 points
    Maple_and_PheonixFeather - 5 points
    The Cursed Quill - 5 points
    ron lover - 5 points
    Karaley Dargen - 7 (5+2)

Hufflepuff22
    The owl 7 (5+2)
    Weasley Mom - 10 points (participation and place)
    EleanorLupin - 5

Ravenclaw 30
    noblefate - 9 (5+2+2)
    BrokenPromise 21 (10 points place 11 points participation)

Slytherin 30
    the opaleye - 20 points (winner and participation)
    Sly Severus - 5 points
    silverlining95 - 5 points

Points will be posted very soon once I find a modly person

~Carole~
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 08-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird