Name: Eleanor Lupin/Nora
House: Hufflepuff
Chosen Character: Bellatrix Black/Lestrange
Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd, none
Word Count: 493
A/N: Great big thank you to Soraya (babewithbrains) for being my beta!!! Not sure how much better this would be if I didn't have to work "pink" and "bluebells" into it somehow.

I don’t miss her.

She’s done it. She’s gone, left it all just for him. I can’t talk to her again; I can’t even call her my sister. Andromeda. Andromeda. I must get used to that now, not Andy.

I was curled in an armchair in a handsome bedroom, completely lost in thought. My eyes were glassed over as I stared out the window, the moon burning a shadow into my eyes that I could see whenever I blinked.

A knock on my bedroom door brought me back to earth. I moved in a vague manner towards the door, opening it.

“Bella - can I talk to you about something?”

I nodded and allowed the younger, lighter version of myself to step through.

Andy curled nervously in another armchair, and I took a seat in front of her. “I wanted to ask you about Rodolphus.”

“What about him?” I said abruptly, cursing myself for sounding as defensive as I did.

“I just wondered if - how you feel about him.”

“Well, I’m marrying him, Andy, aren’t I?”

“That’s not what I mean,” she said. “I mean, do you love him?”

“Didn’t I just say that? Of course!”

“I just wondered because you don’t look at him the same way as you looked at - at that other boy,” Andy stammered.

Isaiah. “ I - I’m very fond of Rodolphus,” I said, choosing to leave the point there. I didn’t want to be interrogated; I didn’t… I didn’t …

Andy raised her eyebrows. “Ooh, you’re
fond of him! What passion!”

“Just shush.”

“You don’t have to marry him, Bella.”

A heavy silence hung in the air. Andy looked as though she’d have liked nothing more than to take back her words.

“Yes, I do. For the family. He’s a good man. Mother and Father absolutely adore him; what more could I ask for?”

We sat, wordless.

“I think it’s brave. Doing that for the family, giving that much up,” Andy said quietly.

“I think it makes me a coward.”

“Bella, you’re the bravest person I know. Really.”

It wasn’t true. I wasn’t brave, but her words helped me do it.

I don’t miss her.

The two of us could talk about everything, never walking on eggshells like with Mother or our other friends. I knew everything about her, from her favourite flowers (bluebells and soft pink peonies, even now) to the fact that she sometimes wished she weren’t in Slytherin, to the fact that she absolutely hates the concept of Muggle hunting. I even talked to her about joining the Death Eaters. Now … it’s like she’s died.

My best friend.

But I don’t miss her.

I’ll never forget the look on her face when she saw the Dark Mark shining on my wrist.

But I don’t suppose she’ll forget mine when I saw her ring.

I don’t miss her.

I don’t miss her.

I’ll keep telling myself this until it’s true.