Second Year Gryffindor
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Name: Gwen Evens
    House: Gryffindor
    Chosen Character: Sirius Black
    Ratings/Warnings:3-5years/Language
    Word Count:418
    A/N:
    Thank you to Caroline. Sirius visits the Potters before going off on an mission for the Order.

Chapter 2 Harry Smile

It was seven in the morning as Sirius walked down the path from the gate to the front door of the Potter’s house. It was a bright, shining morning. The sun was up and a warm spring wind was blowing. Sirius knocked on the door, which was answered by Lily, who was wearing a pink Easter dress with a bunny rabbit pattern on it.

“Hello, Padfoot. How are you?” she asked him, smiling.

“I’m gr. . .” He was cut of by a little boy “running,” well more like totaling, as fast as he could toward him, yelling “Uhnter Paaaaaadyyyyy. . . fffooooot”

Smiling widely, he picked up his godson Harry, giving his bark of a laugh. Harry, who was carrying a blue eggin his hands, looked up at him and said “Bruber”

“Um, Lily? What is ‘Bruber’?” He asked, confused but with a smile.

She laughed and said, “He means Bluebell. He’s been calling everything that since we named the cat.”

Sirius smiled and threw Harry up into the air to make him smile and laugh. When James arrived, he put Harry down, walked over to his old friend, and clasped arms saying, “ I can’t stay long. I have some business with the Order.”

“Where are you going, Padfoot?” James asked looking worried.

“Sorry, Prongs can’t say. But, don’t worry Prongs; I’ll be fine.”

“Sure, make us worry more,” Lily scoffed.

“Don’t worry. It’s not like I’m going with Moony to hunt,” he said sarcastically.

“I heard that Padfoot, you know,” said a calm, tired voice from behind him, which made Sirius jump and spin around to come face to face with Remus.

“MOONY! Bloody Merlin’s Pants of Hell! Don’t do that!”

“You did deserve it though, Padfoot,” said James teasingly.

“All right, boys, settle down.”

“What, us? We’re not causing you any trouble, now, are we Prongs?” asked Sirius teasingly.

“Well, Ma’am, I believe Padfoot’s right; we aren’t causing any trouble,” James responded teasingly back.

“Come on,” Remus said.

~*~

Sirius said his goodbyes and Apparated outside of the Shrieking Shack where Albus Dumbledore stood worried. Then he was back, back in his cold, dark cell. Tears started running down his face as the images of their happy faces looked back at him. He wondered, if he were ever to meet Harry again, would he forgive him? Why could he not just. . . what? He did not know. He buried his face in his hands, finally letting the tears come free for the first time in seven years.

Last edited by Gwen Evens; 04-09-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spacing

Gryffindor:
    Where dwell the Brave at heart, and who love a good mystery!