+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Password Reset Requests

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

Password Reset Requests

As some of you have come to notice, due to the malfunction in our email system, new passwords have not been sent out upon request, keeping many people from accessing their accounts. There are also many who register for the beta boards who can't validate their account because they didn't get the email. We are currently working on the issue, but in the meantime, we have devised a way for passwords to be reset and account validations to be completed.

If you need your password reset or account validated, please comment on this post USING THE FORM BELOW. Do NOT include your email address (we can get that ourselves) for the sake of your privacy. Simply use the form further down in this post, and a moderator will validate your account for you (if that is your issue), or change your current password and email you the new (temporary) one. From there, in the case of a password reset, use the password provided, access your account info, and CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD to something else. It is best to write it down somewhere you won't lose it if you have problems remembering what it is, or if you are on your own personal computer that isn't shared, you can also have your browser remember your password.

When a new password request is filled, the corresponding comment on this post will be deleted by the moderator who filled it. Please make sure to check the email address you have affiliated with your MNFF account, and if your comment for a new password is deleted and you haven't got the email, then check your spam folder. If you still don't have your password, then simply leave another request. If that doesn't work, PM a current moderator (my inbox is always open), we will do our best to work with you.

I cannot reiterate enough how important it is to USE THE FORM. If you do not USE THE FORM, we will NOT be able to process your request. Do NOT fail to use the form and expect us to be able to do anything to help you, because it will NOT be possible. Again, USE THE FORM.

The form:

PHP Code:
    [B]Username: [/B]
    [
    B]Is your issue on the archives or the beta boards: [/B]
    [
    B]Password resetaccount validation, or other: [/B]
    [
    B]If 'other'please describe the issue: [/B]
    [
    B]Anything else relevant to the issue: [/B
    Thank you for your readership and continued use of our site, and we apologise for any inconveniences caused by these malfunctions.

FAQs:

How do I use the form/fill it out?
    It's easy. Copy and paste the information inside the PHP code box, including the bold coding tags (these, minus the spaces so the code will show up: [ /b] ). Paste them into the reply box. Start typing your AFTER the code box of each line, like so:
    PHP Code:
    [B]Username: [/B]tobeornottobeagryffindor
    [B]Is your issue on the archives or the beta boards: [/B]beta boards
    [B]Password resetaccount validation, or other: [/B]other
    [B]If 'other'please describe the issue: [/B]insert information here
    [B]Anything else relevant to the issue: [/B]USE THE FORM!!!! 
    Which comes out looking like so:

Username: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    Is your issue on the archives or the beta boards: beta boards
    Password reset, account validation, or other: other
    If 'other', please describe the issue: insert information here
    Anything else relevant to the issue: USE THE FORM!!!!

This will give your post a shiny, organised look, as well as make sure you are being clear enough for us to help you.

I filled out the form and posted, but I don't see my post. Where is it?
    Unless you are logged in and are already sorted into a house here on the beta boards, your posts will go into moderation. What this means is that only moderators and administrators can see your posts. Chances are that no one will ever see it anyway save for us. This helps privacy, as well.

Archives or beta boards? What are those?
    The archives are where the stories are posted on MNFF. This place you're visiting right now? These are the beta boards. Both of these are independent sites, so if you are registered on one (say, the archives), you STILL need to register for the other (as per the example, the beta boards). If you don't specify which of these is giving you the problem, no one will be able to help you. This is another reason to USE THE FORM!

My account is marked as Registered, but I still can't see all the forums. o.O Why?
    Registration does not give you full access to all the forums. For that, you must send a Private Message (PM) to the user SortingHat, ask for a sorting quiz in one fashion or another, complete the quiz once it's been mailed to you, and wait for the SortingHat to do its thinking and decide where to put you. Results will be PMed back to you. Once that is complete, your Head of House will give you access as soon as she is able after receiving your sorting result.

Form? Why do you keep banging on about using the form, Mean Ravenclaw Lady?
    Because the form was specifically designed to give us the information we absolutely cannot do without to fix your issue. If you want your issue fixed, then use the form. If you can't be bothered to use the form, then I fail to see why anyone should be bothered to help you. Simple as that.
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 04-26-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Unregistered

Mugglenet email password reset request

[B]Username:rhoswenbud
    [B]Is your issue on the archives or the beta boards:email
    [B]Password reset, account validation, or other: password reset
    If 'other', please describe the issue:
    Anything else relevant to the issue:

Thanks

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    rhoswenbud

I'm not sure if you're having issues with the archives or beta boards, as your post wasn't specific. However, if you're having problems with your mugglenet.com email account, you'll have to go through everyone.net, who is the email service host. We as a site have nothing to do with it. If your issue is actually with a MuggleNet Fan Fiction site (the archives or the beta boards), please repost specifying which you need help with. Currently, we don't have enough info to help you.

BeanSi

The form!!

Username: BeanSi
    Is your issue on the archives or the beta boards: archive
    Password reset, account validation, or other: password reset (it won't accept mine for registration)
    Anything else relevant to the issue: USE THE FORM!!!! (I am)

5. 11-26-2013, 10:04 PM

Reason
    Done

MJ_Padfoot
    Username: MJ_Padfoot
    Is your issue on the archives or the beta boards: beta boards
    Password reset, account validation, or other: Password reset please
    Anything else relevant to the issue: I believe that the email that is used with my account is deleted and since I haven't logged on for ages I don't know what my password. Can anyone access my account on the fanfiction site and send the reset email to that one? Thank you so much!

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    MJ, I sent you an email. Check your inbox.

+ Reply to Thread