+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 24

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Scabbers Is Gone!

Ask A Moderator - Part 24

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Hi!

I received an e-mail letting me know that the SortingHat had tried to PM me but my inbox was full. I was just wondering if I will get the PM or not, seeing as I've already cleared my inbox and received nothing new.

Is it 'lost' forever?

Thank you!

Unspeakable
    Scabbers Is Gone!
    Hi,
    Okay, did you receive the PM telling you what House you were placed in after you sent your quiz back? If not, then this is the PM you are missing. I will track down the mod that did your Sorting Quiz for you to find out what the PM was. If so, which House was it? I can go in and set your permissions for that House as I see they are not set yet.
    Hufflepuff Head of House

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Yes yes, I did receive that PM, I was sorted into Ravenclaw

I replied to the PM thanking whichever moderator and then they replied, but I honestly don't know if it was important or not (and I'm sorry for the trouble!)

Unspeakable
    Scabbers Is Gone!
    Hi again,
    Okay, no problem. I have placed you in your House. So, you are all set now.
    Terri
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Hi

It's a long time since I've logged in, and I'm not sure where this question needs to be asked, but...

I've tried uploading a new chapter of "Strangers at Drakeshaugh" several times over the past few weeks, and every time I do, I encounter a "fatal MySQL" error. Is there something wrong with the story upload system?

Neil

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    Hello, hoping this is the right spot to go to for help with a glitch on the boards...

For the past week or so, I've been having trouble with quick replies. When I hit the Post Quick Reply button, it automatically sends my to the "You must wait 30 seconds between posts" page, but it posts my reply anyways without me having to submit again.

Also, today, instead of doing that, when I hit Post Quick Reply, I got the pop up that said "There are unsaved changes in the editor. Are you sure you want to leave the page?" But it seemed to have already posted my reply, because I copied my reply, hit the yes button on the pop up, and ended up with a double reply. It's not a huge deal but very annoying since I have to keep deleting posts. I thought it would go away on its own, but it's a persistent little glitch.

Wren

EDIT:: Though, of course, this reply posted with no problem. Maybe the glitch is gone...? Here's to hoping!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Dobby is always in Snape's closet
    Neil and Wren -

Just so you know, we have seen your questions and they are being forwarded to those who can best solve them. Hang tight!

Nicole

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

+ Reply to Thread