+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator Part 23

ThatHPFan
    Hey, so is there a way to take stories off of my favorites list? Because I feel pretty dumb just trying to figure it out with no results... Thanks a bunch!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatHPFan View Post
    Hey, so is there a way to take stories off of my favorites list? Because I feel pretty dumb just trying to figure it out with no results... Thanks a bunch!
    Unfortunately, at this point, there is not. The only archive skin with that capability is the moderator skin, which is only available to site administrators. If your list is terribly embarrassing, I may be able to help you, but it's convoluted, takes a long time, and is tedious. We're working on why the other archive skins don't have that function, but we haven't been able to find the answer to that for ages. :/
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Hello! The rules of the Summer Term Review Drive Submissions Thread ask that users edit new reviews into their original posts, but I'm not able to edit my post in the thread. (Also, I needed moderator approval before my original post showed up.) I'm wondering if I can't post without mod approval / edit my posts because I am not Sorted yet? In that case, no problem at all because I'm going through the Sorting process now. But I thought I should ask just in case it's a problem with my user account or something... Thank you very much for your help and hard work; hope I'm not being too much trouble.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hey!
    I'm so glad the notifications are working! YAY! But now I wonder if some spambots have caught on, because I got this email this morning:

mVeHFA ryjqvhociyek, lonwbfpmykek, [link=http://dxayptrqvmti.com/]dxayptrqvmti[/link],http://kllvqkkbdwmn.com/

This message was sent to you from MuggleNet Fan Fiction located at http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com.
    Thought you might want to know so you could head it off, unless I'm wrong and this is just some freakish coincidence. Thank you!

~Gina

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany212 View Post
    Hello! The rules of the Summer Term Review Drive Submissions Thread ask that users edit new reviews into their original posts, but I'm not able to edit my post in the thread. (Also, I needed moderator approval before my original post showed up.) I'm wondering if I can't post without mod approval / edit my posts because I am not Sorted yet? In that case, no problem at all because I'm going through the Sorting process now. But I thought I should ask just in case it's a problem with my user account or something... Thank you very much for your help and hard work; hope I'm not being too much trouble.
    Now that you're sorted, you should be good to go with editing, and your posts will appear immediately. Let me know if this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    Hey!
    I'm so glad the notifications are working! YAY! But now I wonder if some spambots have caught on, because I got this email this morning:

mVeHFA ryjqvhociyek, lonwbfpmykek, [link=http://dxayptrqvmti.com/]dxayptrqvmti[/link],http://kllvqkkbdwmn.com/

This message was sent to you from MuggleNet Fan Fiction located at http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com.
    Thought you might want to know so you could head it off, unless I'm wrong and this is just some freakish coincidence. Thank you!
    It was only a matter of time before these came back, but it's one of the drawbacks of having a Contact the Author feature that actually works now. I'd got some of those in the past before email went down. I guess it's just up to users to be cognisant that it's spam and not to open it for safety/phishing reasons.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Gina -

Can you get me some names or are they listed as guests? I can crack down on IP addresses.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Oh Modly Ones,

Anyone know why the main MNFF site logs me out every time I try to read a professors fic? If I set it to remember me, it keeps me logged in, but still won't let me read the fic... This is a new one for me.

Banner by the lovely Pooja. <3

8. 06-16-2012, 03:20 AM
    Reason
    Jess explained better than me :)

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Severus View Post
    Oh Modly Ones,

Anyone know why the main MNFF site logs me out every time I try to read a professors fic? If I set it to remember me, it keeps me logged in, but still won't let me read the fic... This is a new one for me.
    *sigh*
    This problem crops up here and there. Sometimes it lasts for a couple hours, sometimes for a few days. It should go away eventually, but for the moment, the story you want to access is, regrettably, inaccessible. However, if you would like to read the story NAO!!!, then poke me via PM and I'll see if I can't make it so you can read it. Otherwise, the only cure for this is patience and some teeth-grinding. :/

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    I Hear Cat Ears Are All the Rage, Hermione
    I'm thoroughly confused. I checked the check-in desk and it told me to send a personal message to the sorting hat. how do I do that? I've looked around this site, and see nothing to indicate that... Perhaps I'm just blind and I really don't know how this forum works!!!!!!!! Help me!!!!

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagini Riddle View Post
    I'm thoroughly confused. I checked the check-in desk and it told me to send a personal message to the sorting hat. how do I do that? I've looked around this site, and see nothing to indicate that... Perhaps I'm just blind and I really don't know how this forum works!!!!!!!! Help me!!!!

As far as internet forums go, this one is pretty standard in its functionality and operation. Chances are, if you had a capability on another forum, it exists in some capacity here, as well (even if your current status as a member may not permit it).

Sending a PM is easy. Go to the top of the page. On the left, you will see two tab-looking things that say Forums and What's New. Below them, there is a menu bar which is your main tool of creating your profile, contacting members, and a plethora of other things. The second from the left should say Private Message. If this does not exist currently, please email me (you have it somewhere, as we've communicated thus before), as your account might not be validated correctly (which shouldn't be the case, but crap happens). Here is a screenshot of what it should look like. Please note that your forum skin (the default is TakeFive, which has a dragon and a brownish colour) will probably look different than mine, but the location of links are the same. Click on Private Message as indicated in the picture.

From there, you will be taken to your inbox. However, since you likely don't have anything in it and you need to send a PM, please scroll down the menu on the left side until you see Send New Message, as illustrated here. Click on that.

You should arrive at a nice place where you can enter your sendee's name (in your case, SortingHat). Fill out the PM form as illustrated in this picture. Obviously, if your sender/subject/text is different, then you would change that, but that is where the pertinent info should go. You can preview if you'd like in case you are using some form of formatting and need to make sure it is coded correctly, but you don't have to. Otherwise, click Send Message. And then you're done.

This is pretty much as broken down as this process gets, so you shouldn't have any issue after this. However, I do feel this is an opportune time to say that the Ask a Mod thread is NOT the appropriate place to ask questions on how to use the forums. This thread is meant to contact moderators on site malfunctions and things that must be addressed by someone who can fix and repair accounts/posts/submissions. All threads asking how to navigate the forums or questions about the how-to sort of things, those should be addressed to the current Ask the Navy thread in the Check-In Desk or the thread located in this very Questions forum, titled FAQ~MuggleNet Fan Fiction Beta Boards. There are numerous posts with FAQs and answers to many questions you might have between the two. It would do to consult these before asking a question about how to do/find something, because chances are, your question has been asked and answered before.

Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread