+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator Part 23

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    EADA Benjamin Stone's office (having somehow jumped back to the early 90s)
    If I have a problem next time, I will be sure to do that, Jess! But yes, Georgia's submission worked for it, so I guess the mystery will go on until I write a fiction with someone else...
    Banner by the opaleye and avvie by me

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I don't know what the problem is, but I went to post an assignment, and only part of it was posted. When I tried to post it again, I previewed it and the second part was not there, though it was typed in.

this is all I was trying to post.

Actually, I just tried to put my whole post in a quote, including the part that didn't work, and it didn't let me put it here either. I have no idea what it could be, but I need to do it for my assignment.
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I don't know if this helps, O Modly ones, but in response to Georgia's post, I remember when we first switched to these boards, there was a word limit on posts. I think it was around the 1k mark. Rosie (RoxyBlack) lifted the restrictions for TTB because when the brawl's running, I like to post as many drabbles as possible in one post, but it's possibly still in force on other parts of the forum.

The other thing that occurred to me, is that years ago there was an issue when I typed in CD - except I typed a / between the two letters, and for some reason this chopped the post off at that point.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    I have some questions regarding forum classes; I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask! I just wasn't sure where else to go with this.

1) Is there going to be a Summer Term this year? When would it start and/or is there somewhere I can find the sign-up list?

2) Is there an archive for past classes/school terms? Or are all those threads deleted?

Thanks,
    Addie

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Hi, Addie, and welcome back!

As the current Headmistress, I was going to, after this term ends, run a poll to gauge interest in offering classes for the next term coming up (with September signups, classes through October and November). If there is enough interest, we'll have them again, but if not, we might wait until next summer to run classes again.

The student and professor lists both were purged of inactive users and those who haven't been students for a long time, but if you want to take a look around and lurk the classes, just submit a join request for the students usergroup. The old classes aren't deleted; they're socked away (in a bit of a jumble) in one of the professors' forums. However, I'm going to, at the end of this term, as well, ask current professors and the owners of the past class threads, if they would like their coursework to go into a special forum so users can browse them at their leisure. I haven't commissioned the forum yet, as there is some time before that becomes an issue, but it's in the works. If you're looking for anything in particular, though, PM me and I can PM you a copy if it's still there.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Being Saved by Our Guardian Anglia
    Carole and Hannah are both having trouble with MNFF - AVG (their virus protection program) is blocking Carole from seeing MNFF and I think letting Hannah do things but not very happy about it. The problem is a virus (?) called "Exploit JavaScript Obfuscation".

As I wrote, Carole informed me Pooja's got it as well, another thread called JS/Redir.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We've updated all of our security packages and done an update of the general forum software so I hope you're all able to access the site now. Do let us know if there are any continued problems and we'll get the higher-ups investigating!

In the meantime, the upgrade gives us a couple of new features. 'What's New?' will show you recent threads and posts from the last 24 hours, and you should now be able to access the forums on your phones with our new easy-access mobile skin.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Me again,

I'm having trouble logging onto the archives. It's currently logged me out, but when I attempt to login, it turns into a blank page.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    If you're still having issues, clear your MNFF cookies and try it again. If not, just poke one of us and we might be able to punch it in the face until it submits.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    EADA Benjamin Stone's office (having somehow jumped back to the early 90s)
    So, today I got on to submit a story to the archives, and while I can navigate the rest of the site just fine, it won't let me go to the "add a new story," or even "manage stories." I have been trying all day... It won't work on my computer, my laptop, or my iPod. While I am not panicking at the moment, I hope that I can get this fixed really soon since I wish to put up my Terrible Two-Shot entry. Help!
    Banner by the opaleye and avvie by me

+ Reply to Thread