+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator — Part 23

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Hi.

A story that I put in the queue for validation has vanished from my list (when I go into manage stories and I don't appear in the list of authors) with no explanation as to whether it was disallowed or not. It was called Unlimited Devotion. Any help you could give would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmuggle01 View Post
    Hi.

A story that I put in the queue for validation has vanished from my list (when I go into manage stories and I don't appear in the list of authors) with no explanation as to whether it was disallowed or not. It was called Unlimited Devotion. Any help you could give would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Your story was modded by me (I'll be contacting you via PM), but as a general reference, there is a "I didn't get a rejection letter" thread below this one, which is the appropriate medium to use if your story disappears and you have no notification. However, MNFF letters get tossed into spam folders a lot, so perhaps you should check that before it gets auto-deleted. If you find it there, let me know. If not, I will try to make a note that you need your modding letters sent directly from an email and not via the archive email system.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

3. 10-05-2012, 04:51 AM
    Reason
    Resolved

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hogwarts, of course! The internet connection here isn't great....
    Hey, I have a question about the archives. So when I tried to log into my account on the archives(and I should have been logged in already, they just randomly logged me out when I had clicked 'stay logged in), it just went to a blank white page with the title, 'http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/user.php?action=login'. Then, when I went to my account, it said, 'you are not authorized to access that function.' Any idea why this is happening??
    ~εɱɱą =)
    Author Page~Duel~Excerpts~Drabbles~(not-so-great)Poetry~RAVENCLAW!!

Thanks so much to Toni for making this wonderful banner and avvie. Quote on avatar is from the song Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons. <3
    My total BFFLE is Kreacher Feacher/Loony at Heart/Taylor. Don't let her scare you. XD
    I'm quite busy at the moment, so I may be pretty spotty or just not seem to appear at all. I'll hopefully be back to normal in a few months.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Theloonyhermione View Post
    Hey, I have a question about the archives. So when I tried to log into my account on the archives(and I should have been logged in already, they just randomly logged me out when I had clicked 'stay logged in), it just went to a blank white page with the title, 'http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/user.php?action=login'. Then, when I went to my account, it said, 'you are not authorized to access that function.' Any idea why this is happening??
    One of the primary culprits of this is not clicking the box for it to remember you. Even if you're on a public or shared computer, it's best to use that and just manually log out after your session if you need to. Where it hits the most snags is with the warning pop-ups, but it will occasionally do what happened to you.

Try it again, making sure the box to keep logged in is ticked, and if that doesn't work, PM me and I'll see if there is anything I can do for you on my end.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

I posted a new chapter of a fic about an hour ago, and it was there for a while, but when I checked my stats just now, it had disappeared oO same with a review I got for the first chapter of a story. I got an email notification, the review was there, I replied, but now it's gone. Is something going on with the database?
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    I agree with Kara. something really, really strange just happened, but it happened on the forums for me. I'm pretty sure I did 3 things in the evening (around 4-5 hours ago) today: I changed my signature banner, and sent out two PMs. However, when I opened the forums, it sent me a notification of a PM I had already read (and not just on my e-mail) and when I checked my sent folder, both the PMs I had sent had vanished. The PMs I send always get saved on my sent folder.

Also, my signature banner changed back to the one I had earlier, complete with the link-- actually, my entire signature went back to what it had been all these days.

This is a little freaky. Is Peeves up to something? O.o

EDIT: And, I had a review, which I responded to, and which has vanished now. This is really, really strange.
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Just a little further information:

When I was trying to PM someone earlier today, as soon as I clicked on the name from the click down menu, the PM disappeared and I was sent straight back to the forums. It was fine if I typed the user name in myself ... just a shame it was the person on the boards with the longest username ... *sigh*.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Ladies, I have found these things myself, and I honestly can't tell you what's happened. I shall send this over to Rosie to see if she can identify it. Kara, just repost your chapter, and for the lost reviews, those are sadly gone. Apologies for the inconvenience, but it looks like someone kicked the server in the kneecap and it dropped some stuff from the previous few hours.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    In regards to the issues on here and in the archives:

I heard from Rosie a bit ago and this is what I found out:

From Rosie:
    MN is migrating servers again over the next day or so, so there may be some phpmyadmin disruption. I'll try and let you know if there are any issues but the site should be able to work as normal. Let me know if there are any problems that crop up?
    I let her know there have been some issues here and on the archives. But I wanted to let you know why there have been some issues. Hopefully, the issues will be only minor and won't continue.

Please PM me if you find any other issues over the next couple days so I can add them to the list for Rosie.
    Thanks
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Is that still happening? Because my story got deleted from the queue AGAIN this morning. Either that or it's being rejected without an email. It'll never get to the mods if it carries on

[Stories] -- [Drabbles] -- [Banners] -- [ProudPuff] --

-Banner by Pooja-
    -Avvie by me-

+ Reply to Thread