+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: Ask a Moderator — Part 23

  1. #81
    The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    mudbloodproud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With Sirius on his flying bike
    Posts
    1,209
    Regarding the Disappearance of the of the Forums QSQ Threads:

    What happened was while Nikki was creating the hidden areas for the discussions of the QSQs, the threads were accidentally deleted. Unfortunately, sometimes, accidents happen and she feels horrible about it. It wasn't done on purpose and if there was any way to restore them, she would have done it. But once a thread or forum is deleted, whatever is in there is gone. That is why when we are asked to lock and deleted someone's beta thread or drabble thread, we move them to a special area that the mods have for storage for a few weeks before they are actually deleted permanently. Just in case the member changes their mind.

    So, please follow the link and renominate for the Forum QSQs. Here's a link: LINK
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House


  2. #82
    Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    GinnyPotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    163
    Hi,

    If we signed up to be QSQ judges, will we be able to see the hidden discussion areas eventually?
    ~Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!


  3. #83
    First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    epiphany212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27
    Hello dear mods,

    Sorry to be so tetchy, but my story Flying with Dragons [username: epiphany212] has been in queue for exactly 10 days and I wanted to ask about it. It's in the General category so I didn't know who to PM. I know you all are so busy running the archives and doing all of these amazing things on the forums for us; the only reason I ask is because I have a contest submission one-shot that needs to be submitted by tomorrow, July 31, and with Flying with Dragons and one other story, I have the maximum 2 stories already waiting in queue. I could just take Flying With Dragons out of queue altogether to make room for my contest submission and resubmit it at a later date, but since it's been in queue for a while, I figured there was no harm in at least asking about it before I did that.

    Again, I hope I'm not being demanding. I definitely understand if it's showing up in queue but there's just too many submissions waiting in queue for it to be looked at today. If that's the case, just please let me know via PM or a response here, so that I can delete it for now in order to put my contest submission into queue before the deadline.

    Thank you very much!
    Natasha

    Old age has given Ron Weasley a little wisdom, enough to see that perhaps the world is starting to move on without him.
    Banner by the lovely Bella/clabbert2101.

  4. 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM
    Reason
    Taken care of via PM

  5. #84
    'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ganking demons
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by GinnyPotter View Post
    Hi,

    If we signed up to be QSQ judges, will we be able to see the hidden discussion areas eventually?
    ~Nidhi
    No. Judging forums are never revealed, no exceptions. Judges who reveal things from their panels are docked points. No exceptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany212 View Post
    Hello dear mods,

    Sorry to be so tetchy, but my story Flying with Dragons [username: epiphany212] has been in queue for exactly 10 days and I wanted to ask about it. It's in the General category so I didn't know who to PM. I know you all are so busy running the archives and doing all of these amazing things on the forums for us; the only reason I ask is because I have a contest submission one-shot that needs to be submitted by tomorrow, July 31, and with Flying with Dragons and one other story, I have the maximum 2 stories already waiting in queue. I could just take Flying With Dragons out of queue altogether to make room for my contest submission and resubmit it at a later date, but since it's been in queue for a while, I figured there was no harm in at least asking about it before I did that.

    Again, I hope I'm not being demanding. I definitely understand if it's showing up in queue but there's just too many submissions waiting in queue for it to be looked at today. If that's the case, just please let me know via PM or a response here, so that I can delete it for now in order to put my contest submission into queue before the deadline.

    Thank you very much!
    Natasha
    Though I am supposed to be on vacation, I went ahead and pushed your Flying with Dragons through the queue so you can submit your challenge story. Sorry about the delay!
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws



    Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.


  6. #85
    First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    magicmuggle01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    23
    Hi.

    I will soon be submitting stories and I noticed the thing about banner sizes. The stories I'll be submitting already have banners done by a site called The Dark Arts and are sized at 700 x 110. My question is. Will I be allowed to use these size banners here on this site? Or will I have to rerequest banners?
    Thank you for your time.

  7. #86
    Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    NikkiSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    You'd like to know . . .
    Posts
    1,515
    Regarding banner size, I am sorry but you will need to resize it.
    I know its a pain but we have the sizing standards for banners so our server space doesn't get cramped.

    Natasha - As Jess has already said, many apologies for the delay.


    - Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

    Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

  8. 07-31-2012, 03:31 PM
    Reason
    Not a question

  9. #87
    Theloonyhermione
    Guest
    Hi!
    I'm pretty new to Mugglenet, so I have a few questions. For one thing, I signed up to the beta boards, and the message I got said that I needed to activate the account. It said, "Invalid user specified". Now, once I try to log onto my account it says I have the wrong password/username, and I'm positive I had it right. Also I clicked on 'forgot my password' and it says that it doesn't recognize my e-mail address. Should I make a new account?

    Also, I don't really understand how you get a beta to read your story on the beta boards. I only know that you can send e-mails from their author pages on Mugglenet. Help??

    So sorry to bother you like this!



    This isn't urgent, but I think it might need some looking into:
    When my story hadn't been validated in more than ten days, I went to the moderator list that the faq on MNFF sent me to. I picked out a moderator to contact (solemnlyswear_x), and e-mailed them. I got an e-mail back from her saying that she wasn't a mod anymore, and that she thought the list hadn't been updated in a while. I don't know if she's the only one that's not a mod anymore but is still on that list, but I want to save her from getting more emails from other people.
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 08-02-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Double posting

  10. #88
    'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ganking demons
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Theloonyhermione View Post
    Hi!
    I'm pretty new to Mugglenet, so I have a few questions. For one thing, I signed up to the beta boards, and the message I got said that I needed to activate the account. It said, "Invalid user specified". Now, once I try to log onto my account it says I have the wrong password/username, and I'm positive I had it right. Also I clicked on 'forgot my password' and it says that it doesn't recognize my e-mail address. Should I make a new account?

    Also, I don't really understand how you get a beta to read your story on the beta boards. I only know that you can send e-mails from their author pages on Mugglenet. Help??

    So sorry to bother you like this!
    To get your beta boards account verified, please post your information in this thread: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...Reset-Requests

    Your request will go into a moderation queue, so no one will see the information you post except for mods and admins. It says to not post your email address, but if you have changed your relevant email that you want to be attached to the account, let us know there. Otherwise, I will assume that it is the same as the one attached to your archive account.

    To get a beta, please go to the Beta Wanted forum (located in the Daily Prophet Classifieds) as soon as you have your account validated. It is the next grouping of forums right under the Ministry of Magic. If you can't find it, do a CtrlF browser search and type in Beta Wanted. It will find it for you.


    This isn't urgent, but I think it might need some looking into:
    When my story hadn't been validated in more than ten days, I went to the moderator list that the faq on MNFF sent me to. I picked out a moderator to contact (solemnlyswear_x), and e-mailed them. I got an e-mail back from her saying that she wasn't a mod anymore, and that she thought the list hadn't been updated in a while. I don't know if she's the only one that's not a mod anymore but is still on that list, but I want to save her from getting more emails from other people.
    We are aware of this, but we have not had the man hours necessary to recode that section. We have, presently, to choose between things like that and taking the time to moderate stories. As of now, and I hope you agree, moderating stories wins. Please refer all validation questions to the beta boards, where active mods will find them.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws



    Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.


  11. #89
    unregistered
    Guest
    Just wondering (since my old account apparently didn't exist and I had to make a new one), how long does it normally take for an account to be moderated?
    By the way, thanks for all of your help with my account and stuff (I am Theloonyhermione, it just won't let me use my username because it is being moderated), and I agree with the moderating stories thing, it is more important.

  12. #90
    Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Theloonyhermione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hogwarts, of course! The internet connection here isn't great....
    Posts
    191
    So, me and my friend (who doesn't have her account on the boards yet) have a question about songfics. If the song fits to your story but doesn't have the right pronouns (ex: he instead of she), can you change just those words? Just wondering.
    ~εɱɱą =)
    Author Page~Duel~Excerpts~Drabbles~(not-so-great)Poetry~RAVENCLAW!!

    Thanks so much to Toni for making this wonderful banner and avvie. Quote on avatar is from the song Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons. <3
    My total BFFLE is Kreacher Feacher/Loony at Heart/Taylor. Don't let her scare you. XD
    I'm quite busy at the moment, so I may be pretty spotty or just not seem to appear at all. I'll hopefully be back to normal in a few months.

  13. 08-28-2012, 09:35 PM

    Reason
    Resolved

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •