+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator — Part 23

Second Year Gryffindor
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Help as you can see my house is gone I am a Gryffindor though it dosen't say and that is why i was told I probably can't get into TTB

Gryffindor:
    Where dwell the Brave at heart, and who love a good mystery!

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Gwen Evens

For whatever reason, when I checked your account, it listed you as banned. o.O I fixed that, so you should be up and running. Seeing the Gryffindor under your name again seems like a good sign. Let me know via PM or email if you have any further difficulty.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Modly -types,

If I set a story in 'year 8' - ie when Hermione goes back to Hogwarts after the Battle, is that classed as Post-Hogwarts or General?

Ta

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I've wondered for a while about Carole's question too. In addition to what she asked, when exactly does it become post-Hogwarts?

And in a similar vein, is Marauder-era specific to the Marauders and their time at Hogwarts, or would something like Professor McGonagall at Hogwarts, a story about Merope Gaunt, or one of the Black sisters' time at Hogwarts also be considered Marauder-era?

Danke schφn!
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    If I set a story in 'year 8' - ie when Hermione goes back to Hogwarts after the Battle, is that classed as Post-Hogwarts or General?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor Lupin
    I've wondered for a while about Carole's question too. In addition to what she asked, when exactly does it become post-Hogwarts?
    You may write it as either, but normally, Post-Hogwarts starts right after Harry goes up the tower and thinks about his sandwich. In general, just pick the one you feel best suits your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor Lupin
    And in a similar vein, is Marauder-era specific to the Marauders and their time at Hogwarts, or would something like Professor McGonagall at Hogwarts, a story about Merope Gaunt, or one of the Black sisters' time at Hogwarts also be considered Marauder-era?
    Marauder Era is classified as the time period of 1960 (the year the Marauders were born) to 1981 (right after Voldemort killed James/Lily). After that, it becomes Trio Era. Marauder Era is not confined to the Marauder characters. Rather, it is the time period specified above. You can write ME and still not even mention a single Marauder. As long as a bulk of the story takes place in that era, then it can be/is ME.

Hopefully that made sense.

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Hello moderators-
    I've had a problem with the beta boards for a few months now. I am able to sign in and access everything when I use my iphone (3g) or wifi. When I sign in on my home computer I get a message that I'm banned. I would appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Martha
    WAITING PATIENTLY FOR MY NEXT DETENTION WITH PROFESSOR SNAPE

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessFlyer View Post
    Hello moderators-
    I've had a problem with the beta boards for a few months now. I am able to sign in and access everything when I use my iphone (3g) or wifi. When I sign in on my home computer I get a message that I'm banned. I would appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Martha
    This is a well-documented problem, and it's one that isn't just you; many others have experienced this. So far, the one commonality that we've been able to find is that all the Accidental Banning Syndrome sufferers are in the US and that their internet provider is in some way associated with Verizon. We don't know definitively why this is — and to be frank, it's kind of baffling — but we are trying to figure out what's going on and, more importantly how to fix it.

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    I'm from the US but my provider is AT&T. Glad to hear it's not just me
    WAITING PATIENTLY FOR MY NEXT DETENTION WITH PROFESSOR SNAPE

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I'm newly sorted, so I couldn't see Hogwarts or the classes forums before. I've seen posts about things learned in class, so I was wondering if there will be classes this summer term.
    noblefate: writes ~ betas ~ drabbles ~ duels ~ is a proud Turnip! ~ is an Ebil Minion

wonderful banner by minnabird

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by noblefate View Post
    I'm newly sorted, so I couldn't see Hogwarts or the classes forums before. I've seen posts about things learned in class, so I was wondering if there will be classes this summer term.
    Thus far, there are no plans for classes this term. Hogwarts is currently without a Headmaster, and it would require a lot of volunteers to teach classes. We may be able to get something off the ground for the Autumn Term, but it's not looking very likely for the Summer Term. We modlies will deliberate and see where this goes.

11. 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM

Reason
    Taken care of!

12. 05-19-2012, 04:47 AM
    Reason
    Taken care of!

+ Reply to Thread