+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator Part 23

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Thanks, Alex! That makes sense . . . wonder why I didn't think of it before (I blame you, WWI and Cardiovascular System Tests/Standardized tests!)
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Lily,

There is no certain timetable regarding when the queue will be functioning properly again. It's being looked at, but as you might guess, it's a substantial issue. However, as soon as we have concrete news regarding it, good or bad, there will be an announcement both on the archive homepage and here on the forums.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Does the Great Queue Outage of 2012 have anything to do with the "Attack Site Warnings" that I'm getting from my browser? Every so often my Firefox browser will refuse to take me to MNFF (or the MN main page) and will show me a warning that this site has been identified as an Attack Site. I assume this has something to do with an unsavory advert being served, or something, but then backend code is a mysterious and strange thing and I was curious as to whether the two things are connected. The nargles are getting militant!

And is anybody else getting these warnings? It can't just be me, and it's happened on both my home computer and work computer as well as my writing laptop, which uses a different browser (Chrome) entirely.

banner by the ever wonderful Nadia
    - AcaciaCarter writes - @AcaciaCarter tweets - AcaciaCarter drabbles - AcaciaCarter duels

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck

All right, I have a foolish question. Well, maybe, no, but I'm covering my bases. I should have asked a long time ago, for I thought about writing this ages ago. I probably should have asked this before a beta request. Okay the reason I'm asking is because not everyone has a Pottermore account; I get that, and, for some reason, this seems wrong. To me. I'm a nerd. May we write about something on Pottermore? Pulling from Rowling's sources? Is that legal? I meant to ask this last year. (You can laugh now.) Thanks.
    Last edited by Kuri; 02-01-2012 at 04:14 PM.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Jamie,

Currently, you are not the only person experiencing these periodic attack warnings. This is a universal issue. Whether it's connected to the coding issues or not is presently unclear, but as far as I know, no one is sure why this is happening. I have theories, but they are only theories.

Jenn,

You may by all means use Pottermore canon in your stories. However, as you said, not everyone has access to Pottermore yet, so if you could just throw up a chapter note saying that your fic contains potential Pottermore spoilers, that would be good. But you are more than welcome to use that new information.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hello Modlies,

I've just done a load of judging in TTB, but have nowhere to assign points, so I was wondering when the Spring Term Points thread would be set up and the Autumn Cup awarded (even though I'm glowering at those pesky Gryffs)

Thankies

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Jamie and Jess: I too am getting the message from Firefox and until a few minutes ago, it wouldn't even let me skip the warning to log on. I spoke with Roxy Black (our coding queen and former Master Admin) and she is working with the mainsite on the issue. She too has theories but, as with Jess's comment, they are only theories so I won't post them yet.

Just rest assured we are working on getting answers and finding a way to fix this . . . and everything else, hehe.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I know this is no doubt connected to the glitches on the archive, but there's a problem with the story counter.

The number by my name in the authors shows 4 less than I actually have. It's the same on the Top Tens list. I think my stories are still there. They appear on my stats page, but I haven't checked each story to see if it's showing up. I know a few other people affected, as well.

Just thought I should let you know.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Good grief.

Thank you, Carole. That IS kind of disturbing to see, isn't it?

I'll poke around and make a list for Rosie. She's going to love me after today, hehe.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    I have a slightly random question I was looking at the site admins under the "Authors" subcategory on the archives and noticed two usernames that had a) never posted a story and b) never posted a review. I was wondering what was up with these two magically inactive admins. If I'm stepping completely out of line with this question, that's fine--feel free to shoot me

Lily xxx
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

+ Reply to Thread