+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator — Part 23

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxyy View Post
    Is that still happening? Because my story got deleted from the queue AGAIN this morning. Either that or it's being rejected without an email. It'll never get to the mods if it carries on
    Your fic was rejected and the action log shows that a letter was definitely sent. Check your spam folder as our emails have a tendency of ending up there. Remember, we have a thread called "I didn't get a Rejection Letter" for this very problem which can be found here.

Lovely banner by Toni! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

anangeliam05
    Why am I banned from posting in certain areas? I have never broken any rules. I just returned from a very long hiatus and everything on my account is reset. :/ I was very excited to return here and now, not so much.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by: anangeliam05
    Why am I banned from posting in certain areas? I have never broken any rules. I just returned from a very long hiatus and everything on my account is reset.
    I checked on your account in the admin panel. Your account was set as awaiting email confirmation instead of registered user. I switched it to the registered user group. Your join date is listed as 2011. I saw in your post in the Ask the Navy thread that you joined in 2005, when we moved boards, your account may have been reset. If you send me a PM with your previous House, I can reset you into that House. Otherwise, you will have to be resorted into a House.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Unregistered

I'm not sure where to ask for help so I'm asking here

My username, both here and on Mugglenet, is 1000timesingoldenink, but it won't let me on my account anymore--it says that I have been permanently banned for spam, which I have not done! The ONLY thing I have attempted to post on MN Beta Boards was a properly formatted beta request. I tried the "contact us", but it's been more than a week and I haven't received a reply.

They banned me on my birthday, too. I just wanted a beta! Please help!

-Jenny

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    Jenny:

I am very sorry. Here at the boards, we get a lot of spam, and occasionally, moderated posts by genuine members do get swept into spam instead. All I can say is that I apologise, especially when it was done on your birthday. Good luck in finding a beta!

Also, I just wanted to add that accidental banning wouldn't happen to you, really, if you get Sorted, because then, you won't need to get every post moderated. To get Sorted, simply request a quiz by PMing SortingHat (it won't appear as a user on the members list, but if you type "SortingHat" into the "To" bar, I can assure you it will be sent). Once you've got that, fill it in, send it back and wait for us to sort you into your House, and then you can post more freely without having to wait for a moderator to approve your posts/threads. I hope that makes sense, and if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Nicole's edit: It looks like she was, at least, fixed back to regular status.
    Last edited by NikkiSue; 11-12-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hello,

I need some help! I have a WIP that has been updated, as of today, but it isn't showing up on the most recent and the updated date on the story still shows 08/14/12. The chapter actually shows up when clicking on the story, so it did update, but there isn't any indication of the update other than if one looks for it and I don't know if readers will receive notices, etc. The word count for the story didn't adjust, either.

The story is in Marauder Era, titled Moments of Bliss, (linked in my signature) and my username is the same on the archive. The chapter in question is Ch. 67, A Bloody Mess of Things.

Thank you.

edit: Thank you. I think you may be right about the glitch. It took a very long time to load and then, I had an nslq (or some such) error notice, but when I checked the story and saw the chapter there, I didn't know what to do. I'll delete and try again.

p.s. I love your penguin! Reminds me of the 'old' days, with deanine et al. *sigh* I've been here a very long time. Happy New Year.
    Last edited by moonymaniac; 12-28-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Reply to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Well, Moonymaniac, your story isn't in the queue (nor should it be, but just to cover bases). That's odd, so I recommend just resubmitting the chapter and deleting the first one. Maybe it just glitched on you. They are wont to do that these days.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    Hi, it's me again. Sorry to post again so soon, but I'm still having trouble. I've tried deleting the chapter and posting again twice and it still won't work. I thought maybe it was my computer, so I tried on a laptop and it did the same thing. I suppose it could be my internet connection, but it seems to be fine on other sites. MNFF seems to be running very slowly for me. When I hit a link to my account, it takes a while to open, and then I try to do something else and again it is slow, and so on. Is it just me or are others having that problem?

Anyway, back to the chapter submission. When I hit the submit button for the chapter, it seems to get into a loading loop and takes forever before this error message appears.
    A fatal MySQL error was encountered.
    Then if I go to the story, and open it, I can see the chapter, and it even updates the chapter total on the story summary, but again, no date update, or word count increase, and it doesn't show up in the recents. Odd that it updates the chapter count but not word count... I really want that updated, as I'm rather proud of the word count. At the same time being rather embarrassed by my verbosity! >.<

I'm at a loss.

p.s. In case you missed my edit. I love your penguin! Reminds me of the 'old' days, with deanine et al. *sigh* I've been here a very long time. Happy New Year.

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Here and there, the archives (and sometimes the forums) get little gremlins in the works. Sometimes, it is localised to certain servers, and sometimes to the main server. My best advice is to keep trying until it works. If they are doing site .maintenance, that generally happens around midnight later EST, so try to avoid those times for the best chance. But I will submit an error report nonetheless.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    As a faithful Huffleduffer who has seen my house win the championship over and over again, I demand an answer! Why is it called the Slytherin Trophy Room!? If you're looking at who wins the most, shouldn't it just be called "The 'Where we give Equinox Chick points' forum"?

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

+ Reply to Thread