This months challenge requires a little... imagination. (Which is actually my favourite kind of -ation!)

From Wikipedia:
January is named after Janus (Ianuarius), the god of the doorway; the name has its beginnings in Roman mythology, coming from the Latin word for door (ianua) January is the door to the year.
This got me thinking about doorways in Harry Potter, and the first thing that came to mind was the veiled archway that Sirius *sniff* falls through.

So this months challenge is to write a drabble of between 300 and 500 words based on or around this archway. It can be set in any era and you can use any characters you want.

The Catch:
Because this has all the signs of being a very depressing challenge, and because January is all about new starts, I want you to make your drabbles fit with the theme "New Beginnings". This could be someone through the veil letting a loved one go, or the person through the veil starting a new beginning of their own on 'the other side'. It can be whatever, as long as it fits with new beginnings.

This challenge will close at 10pm GMT February 1st.

PHP Code:
Form for your drabbles:
[
B]Name:[/B]
[
B]House:[/B]
[
B]Title:[/B]
[
B]Ratings/Warnings:[/B]
[
B]Word Count:[/B]
[
B]Favourite thing about January:[/B]
[
B]A/N:[/B
Any questions to the "Ask a Barmaid" thread =)

Happy New Year!

Love Madam Russia and Madam Carole xxxxx