Thread: LoveNotes 2012: Valentine Edition

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

LoveNotes 2012: Valentine Edition

LoveNotes is a long-standing tradition here in SPEW, but this year, it's time to shake it up a little bit. Formerly, what would occur is that each SPEWer would provide four pairings and four prompts. Well, we're going to make it far more personal and far more interesting.

This is how it works, kids! Each of you who wish to participate, post a thread in this forum, listing four pairings that you would love to receive. Also in that thread, you can select up to eight 'candy hearts'. Anyone familiar with Valentine's Day tradition is aware of the existence of the small candy hearts with short messages on them. We're going to be pairing these pairings and candy hearts with...DRABBLES!

How do we do that? Well, some lovely SPEWer is going to peruse your pairings and choices of candy hearts and write you a drabble about said pairing and candy heart. Then that SPEWer is going to PM me that drabble anonymously, which I will post in your thread. On Valentine's Day, your secret benefactors will be revealed. But, from now to when that time comes, you all will be happily churning out drabbles for one another in the spirit of friendship and really just getting to know what our fellow SPEWers.

There are a few guidelines to this activity, as usual.

• All stories must be between 300-800 words, with NO EXCEPTIONS on the top limit.
    • Ratings must not exceed 6th-7th Years and must be affixed with the appropriate warnings.
    • Each pairing and candy heart in a recipient's thread can only be used once.
    • Each recipient can receive up to four valentines, but it is encouraged to first write for those with fewer valentines before moving on to those closer to the limit.
    • The use of a beta is not required, but if you do choose to employ one, please use one outside of SPEW. If one cannot be found, then you can use a SPEWer. Remember, be as discreet as possible.
    • Please choose candy hearts from the ones I've provided in this thread. If you know of one (which actually exists) that you know exists, you may IM/PM me and request to use it.
    • Try to keep your SPEW friends in mind when picking your pairings. Not everyone would pick Snape/Squid to write about, especially with 'Be Mine' attached to it. Rarepairs are fine, but try to steer away from ships you wouldn't actually ship on purpose, like Percy/Voldemort.
    • If you notice any errors in a drabble that you wrote, PM me ASAP, and I'll fix it.
    • Until the reveal, please allow only the thread owner to post in their thread. Others posting could be telling of who wrote what.
    • This activity is open to ALL members of SPEW, including those on hiatus or only a member of the RAC.
    • You do NOT have to have posted a receiving thread to write drabbles, though why you would want to deprive yourself...
    • Try keeping the recipients' tastes in mind. Some like fluff; others love angst. Most of you are fairly familiar with one another to have a general idea who likes what. If you want to make sure NOT to receive certain things, then you may specify in your thread.

Candy Hearts

Recipe 4 Love
    Table 4 Two
    Stir My Heart
    My Treat
    Top Chef
    Sugar Pie
    Sweet Love
    Honey Bun
    Spice It Up
    Yum Yum
    MELT MY HEART
    IN A FOG
    CHILL OUT
    CLOUD NINE
    HEAT WAVE
    SUNSHINE
    GET MY DRIFT
    WILD LIFE
    NATURE LOVER
    DO GOOD
    COOL CAT
    PUPPY LOVE
    TAKE A WALK
    MY PET
    BEAR HUG
    TOP DOG
    URA TIGER
    GO FISH
    LOVE BIRD
    PURR FECT
    TO
    AND
    ILU
    HOME SOON
    SWEET HOME
    HOUSE PARTY
    GO HOME
    HOME SICK
    CALL HOME
    HOME RUN
    #1 FAN
    FIT FOR LOVE
    DREAM TEAM
    LOVE LIFE
    BE A SPORT
    LOVE MY TEAM
    CHEER ME ON
    BE MY HERO
    HEART OF GOLD
    ALL-STAR
    3 WISHES
    EVER AFTER
    NEW YOU
    MAGIC
    DREAM
    CHARM ME
    START NOW
    NEW LOVE
    I LOVE YOU
    WRITE ME
    CLASS ACT
    WHIZ KID
    WISE UP
    TEACH ME
    LOVE LETTER
    PEN PAL
    BOOK CLUB
    SCHOOL MATE
    LET'S READ

These are all legit candy hearts from a shiny website of people who chronicle these things (yes, I was thinking the same thing). Anyway, go forth and post your threads, SPEWers! Deadline to post a thread is the end of the day on January 11th.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Just as a friendly reminder, my lovely LoveNotes participants:

The last day to send drabbles to me is Monday, February 13th at the end of the day (1159PM US Pacific Time/759AM GMT). There are still a number of unfulfilled pairings, though you lot have done so much already to make people's drabble wishes come true. I hope to see everyone's requests filled, and once again, thank you all so much for your participation!

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

Master list!

First off, I would like to thank all of you for your excitement and enthusiasm in participating in this activity. It was a relatively new thing, but I think you all embraced the spirit of it so nicely and worked your butts of to make someone else's day. I would love to, on that note, let you know that we are DEFINITELY doing this again next year!

Unfortunately, not every prompt was filled by the deadline, so I recruited/bribed some of my friends (namely, Carole/Equinox Chick and Minna/minnabird) into helping me fill in the gaps, so some non-SPEWers did write a few of these. They are excellent people and hard-working badgers!

Okay, I know you've all been on pins, needles, and a plethora of other pointed paraphernalia, so I will keep you in suspense no longer.

For Deathlex:

Don't Tell Me You Don't Want Me (Oliver/Charlie), written by Hannah
    Crossroads (Molly/Arthur), written by Jess
    If I Could Turn Back Time (Lucius/Narcissa), written by Soraya
    Thick, Woolen Socks (Albus/Gellert), written by Soraya

For Ellie:

Be My Hero (Lily/Lysander), written by Deathlex
    Magic (James/Lily), written by Soraya
    A Dream Is a Wish (Ron/Hermione), written by Maple
    Smoke (Dominique/Lorcan), written by Carole

For Hannah:

In a Fog (Pansy/Lavender), written by Deathlex
    Blue Dragons and Second Chances (Katie/Zach), written by Jess
    Living (Michael/Lisa), written by Deathlex
    Artifice (Charlie/Tonks), written by Carole

For Jess:

Take a Walk (Mary/Mulciber), written by Deathlex
    Wants (Oliver/Roxanne), written by Maple
    Table for Two (Harry/Draco), written by Deathlex
    The Manager and the Money (Draco/Katie), written by Minna

For Lily:

Fairytale (Ron/Hermione), written by Ellie
    A Sort of Life (Frank/Alice), written by Deathlex
    Sweet Home (Neville/Luna), written by Soraya
    Bloom (Severus/Lily), written by Jess

For Maple:

Just (Fred/Luna), written by Lily
    Shine (Oliver/Roxanne), written by Deathlex
    Peace Offering (Hermione/Remus), written by Jess
    Old Friends (Hermione/Oliver), written by Jess

For Soraya:

P.S. - I Love You (Teddy/Victoire), written by Ellie
    In the Heat of the Morning (Katie/Leanne), written by Deathlex
    To Love and to Be Loved (Alice/Lily), written by Deathlex
    Secrets (Louis/Lily), written by Maple

And, now that you all know who wrote what, feel free to spam each other's threads until the end of the month! Thank you again for your participation and effort.