Hi everyone!

I'm toying with an idea for a new Marauder Era story and just had a few quick background-ish questions. Any opinions or insights would be much appreciated.

1. How visible do you imagine Voldemort would have been during the Marauders' last few years at Hogwarts? I think there's something in one of the books about him rising to power for about a decade or so before losing his powers to baby Harry, but I'm not positive. Do you think the war would've been in full tilt, or would he still have been more of a distant threat at that point? (around 1977-1978)

2. Are there any indications of what prefects were in the other Houses in the Marauders' year? Snape definitely wasn't one, right? I'm thinking of filling the roles of Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin prefects with OCs, but if anyone has theories or facts about canon prefects, that would be even better.

3. Do you think it would be feasible for Luna Lovegood's mother to be in the Marauders' year? This wouldn't be a major plot point, just curious.

4. Would it make sense for Remus and Lily to be friends before Lily and James got together? On the one hand, I think it would be possible, given that they were prefects together and we don't seem to see Lily direct too much animosity his way (at least, not as much as she does toward James). On the other, I could see Lily disliking or being cold to him because of his proximity to James and his reluctance to act as an authority figure around his friends. Any thoughts?

Sorry these are a bit scattered and random, they're just things that are occurring to me as I'm writing. Thanks for your help!