Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 15-MERGED

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Name: ron lover/Alyssa
    House: Gryffindor
    Ratings: 1-2, none

Albus told himself not to. He shouldn’t do it. He wouldn’t get involved this year.

But there stood Scorpius, distracted by his female opponent and unaware as to what was going on behind him. Albus shook his head. Stupid Slytherin.

Albus had the perfect shot. Even without the use of a spell he was sure to hit his target. But he shouldn’t. He wasn’t a part of the fight.

But he decided that it didn’t matter. With one quick, hard shot, the Slytherin’s head was dripping with the wet slush they called snow.

Scorpius would never know it was him.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Sixth Year Gryffindor
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor

Name: ron lover/Alyssa
    Raiting/Warning: 1-2 years, none

The fire was dying. Few flames remained, and the once bright and orange embers were beginning to dull.

“Not tonight.”

The house was empty, and Scorpius was cold. Everyone left hours ago.

“Why not?”

The log began to crumble until it was in an unrecognizable shape.

“Just…not tonight.”

The bottle of Ogden’s was empty save for a few last drops. The glass hit his teeth as he swallowed the rest of it.

“When?”

An echo carried through the room as the bottle hit the hardwood floor.

“I don’t know.”

Scorpius forgot the feeling of Albus’s warm hand on his shoulder.
    ily Andi, Lise, Ronnie, and Becca.

Banner by Bine/Luinrina. Lise/Annalise made my fun-to-look-at avvie. I've been ghosted!

Dorkalecki Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Covert Operations
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    A/N: This is shamefully fluffy.

The fire was warm in the grate as Harry absently tossed in sensitive documents that had outlived their purpose. The collection had accumulated over the past weeks, but he had slowly but surely worked his way through his to-do list. However, only one thing remained.

Where on earth does one find a Burping Baby Belinda doll? Of everything on the kids’ Christmas lists, this was the one that baffled him the most. James wanted a broom: easy. Albus wanted new Maury Nigma mystery novels: ten minute trip to Flourish and Blotts. But a doll?

One list remained on his desk.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

QSQ-worthy banner by Minna / minnabird.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Name: Alex
    Raiting/Warning: 1-2 years, none

Godric ran downstairs, wondering who could be at the door. His son was screaming, the knocking having succeeded in waking him when the snow attacking the windows had not.

He was surprised when, outside the door, he found Rowena, who pushed past him, and went to sit by the hearth, eyes were raw red. He’d never seen Rowena cry, and so, awkwardly, reached out to touch her.

Rowena didn’t speak at first, the flames throwing a golden glow and harsh shadows onto her face. Then she said, “Salazar married someone else,” and continued to stare blankly at the burning log.
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 20

Your Day 20 prompt is...

Christmas Cards

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Tuesday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Dying Embers
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years; character death, sexual situations mentioned

It started with the meetings by the log fires.

Sometimes he would hold her as she cried. Sometimes they would make love beside the smouldering embers. Sometimes he would listen and bite back his jealousy as she pleaded and whispered for someone to do something to bring him back.

It ended with a house fire.

He stood in the scorched remains of her home and there was a ringing in his ears. Theo wondered if Lavender was happy now that she and Blaise were together once more. And he wondered if this was the loss that would finally break him.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Demon Ganker Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Huffleypuffly
    R/W: None.
    Title: Where Have You Been?

She sat by the warm log fire, a blanket wrapped around her gaunt legs, hoping, just hoping, that he might come home tonight. She prayed, almost, that he loved her. And maybe that was because at one point, she’d known that he had.

At midnight, he knocked at the door, and she, carefully, stood and opened it. He kissed her on the cheek, but it was only too clear how far away he really was.

So she tried to speak. “Draco, where have you…”

She’d meant to ask where he’d been, but she found, she didn’t really want to know.
    Last edited by Padfoot11333; 12-19-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Gorgeous banner by minnabird || Avi by TM_Wandstick.

Demon Ganker Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333 (that rhymes with newest member of the SBBC)
    House: Hufflepuff, obviously.
    R/W: None. SQUEE!
    Title: Twinnies
    A/N: All these things rhyme, hee hee.
    A/N Part Two: Yay for Twinnies, Ellie.

“I’m loving this,” Fred said casually to his twin brother, George. “Exploding Christmas Cards. Perfect for that family relative that you have to give a card to, but you just hate.”

“I can think of a few right now,” George said, obviously referring to his twin. “But I like it, Twinnie.”

“Twinnie?” Fred honestly just looked confused.

“Oh, come on. Don’t say you don’t like it.” George laughed.

“Oh no. I’ve always wanted to be your twinnie,” Fred said. “Maybe we could have a special line of Christmas Cards, just for Twinnies.”

George only looked at Fred for a moment.

Gorgeous banner by minnabird || Avi by TM_Wandstick.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Name: Alex
    R/W: 1st-2nd/None.
    Title: Every Year
    A/N: You know how sometimes you get cards from people you haven't seen in years/ no longer care about, where they basically send the same essay to everyone on how great they are and how well they're doing? I think my dislike of those comes through here.

Every year, the card had a photo of Scorpius and his family, smiling and waving at her, in front of a cosy Christmas scene. Every year Lily read the card, first the right hand side, where, in Scorpius’ neat, formal hand, would be the brief message: ‘Merry Christmas Lily.’

On the left, in his wife’s florid hand, would be details of what the family had done that year, where they’d been on holiday, how well the children were doing.

Lily had to resist the urge to throw up. But, more than that, she had to resist the urge to cry.
    Banner by Minna.

LittleJM
    Name: Joy
    House: Ravenclaw
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd Years/None
    Title: Reasons
    A/N: Well, when I set out to write something fun/cute, I get these, haha.

The Dursley Family wishes you a Happy Christmas!

Lily glanced at the photo below, looking at the shell of her sister. Her large husband’s smile was quite obviously posed, and they were holding a baby that obviously took after his father.

Petunia’s name was signed in her neat cursive below.

Lily sighed. It’s one thing for her sister to despise her, but to take away the bright girl she once was? Lily hated Vernon for that.

Sticking the card between Dumbledore’s and Sirius’s on the shelf, she could at least pretend that all three were sent for the same reason.