Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 15-MERGED

Hybrid View

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 15-MERGED

Your Day 14 prompt is...

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Thursday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Name: Soraya
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Snowflakes
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd; cousin pairing
    A/N: Yes, I really can’t get enough of Loulily, it seems. >.<

“Lily— it’s snowing!”

She immediately abandoned what she was doing and ran into the garden to join Louis. Snow was falling thickly; the flakes settled in her hair and on her shoulders, and she shivered because she, in her haste, forgot to wear a coat.

Rubbing her arms, she smiled at her lover and looked up at the sky, which was as white as the snow beneath her feet.

SPLAT!

Caught unawares, a snowball hit Lily in the face, reddening her nose. She laughed, quickly bending down, gathering up a handful of snow and throwing it at Louis. She missed.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: The Divorce Settlement.
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd

Roxanne and Fred were silently halving the accumulated Christmas paraphernalia from their childhoods into two separate piles, one for each parent. Their hands moved mechanically, sorting according to their parents’ tastes. Roxanne was thinking, repeatedly, This is horrible, I don’t like this, why are we doing this?

She reached for the fluffy Rudolph, just as Fred grabbed its antler.

“Dad bought that,” Roxanne said.

“For Mum,” Fred replied.

“Then she shouldn’t have left him!” she shouted, and began to cry, tears falling as fast as the snow outside. Fred, awkwardly, embraced her and she sobbed into his chest.
    Banner by Minna.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    Title: Carol Peril
    Rating/Warnings: 1st–2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: This is continued from my last drabble. The Potter kids are carolling with cousins. Most of them can’t sing, hehe.

“Lily, where are we?”

“London,” she said. “Thought we’d warm up on some Muggles first. It won’t do to be all out of tune anywhere the Prophet can see or report.”

Rolling his eyes, James said, “Lils, we don’t know any Muggle carols. And I doubt the International Statue of Secrecy Counsel would look kindly on us bleating ‘Snidgets We Have Heard on High’.”

“Already on it! Rose found a book full of them and made us copies.” Thrusting a sheet into his hand, Lily then distributed one to everybody.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? Who comes up with this stuff?”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Ron's Confusion
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd

“But what I don’t understand is how a reindeer can have a red nose,” Ron said stubbornly. “Sure, reindeer get colds…I guess. But why would you sing a song about it?”

“It’s not about how Rudolph has a cold!” Hermione said impatiently. “It’s a passionate story about a tormented reindeer who overcomes obstacles to fly in the front of Santa’s sleigh.”

“I think you’re reading a little too much into it,” Ron told her. “And you know what else I don’t understand? Santa’s sleigh. How could you fly around the whole world in one night? And if he’s fat…the chimney…?”
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cheshlin/Cyns
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Nostalia
    Rating/Warning: 1st and 2nd Year/ none

Remus looked through the books on the shelf. All the books were tails that he had known his entire life. At the end, was a Muggle book that he didn’t know, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer.

“Where did this Muggle book come from?” he asked Tonks who sitting in a chair by the fire.

“My Muggle grandparents gave me that story when I was little. It has always been a special story to Dad and me. We’d read it every Christmas.” Tonks smiled as the memories filled her.

Andromeda looked up from her knitting, “I always thought it was magical.”

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Her Son
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd years; none

Every year, Cho watched and waited for what would never come.

Andrew taught their son to ride a bicycle and whistle and kick a football. She called them the men of the house which made her son laugh but made her sad because they were so different from each other. Her son could sing Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and knew Muggle sports teams and learned maths. He had blond hair and mischievous eyes, just like his father.

Cho had never been so proud.

But still, every year, she waited for him to show signs that he was her son, too.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

LittleJM
    Name: Joy
    Title: Traditions
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd Years / None
    A/N: I'm sure we're all written out of Ron getting confused about Muggle stuff by now, but I couldn't let this attempt at a lighthearted argument go!

“All I’m saying,” Hermione huffed, “is that the kids should enjoy an innocent Christmas tradition.”

Ron sighed heavily. “I don’t see why I’m supposed to lie by telling them a man in a red suit comes into our house at night and leaves presents!”

A rustle from down the hall hushed the two. After a moment of quiet, they continued.

“You’re going to wake them if you get this emotional,” Hermione hissed.

“I don’t lie,” Ron grinned.

She rolled her eyes. “That's rubbish. Now I suppose Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is out of the question?”

Ron blinked.

“Rudolph the what?”

First Year Hufflepuff
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Name:Martha
    House:Hufflepuff
    Title:Christmas Memories
    Rating/Warning:1st-2nd years; none

After the last of their relatives had departed, the Granger family spent the rest of Christmas night relaxing in front of the fire. Soft music played on the stereo while the parents sipped tea and enjoyed the peaceful evening.

“I’m glad she likes her stuffed reindeer, darling,” little Hermione’s mother whispered to her husband, “even if you did forget to buy the batteries.”

Their daughter sat nearby on the floor with her toy, quietly humming the tune “Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer” to herself.

There was a small giggle, followed by an observation: “Mummy! Daddy! Rudolf’s nose really does glow!”
    WAITING PATIENTLY FOR MY NEXT DETENTION WITH PROFESSOR SNAPE

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 16

Your Day 16 prompt is...

The holly and the ivy

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Friday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-16-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.