Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 8 ~MERGED

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: No Cakes
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd year; mention of a death.

She couldn’t bake a Christmas cake this year. She rarely turned down a baking job, but even she couldn’t sit through this. Molly knew that the others would notice and perhaps be disappointed, even though they’d never liked having fruity cakes.

But Fred had.

George had.

Neither were here this Christmas, of course. Fred was gone, and George never left the flat above their store in Diagon Alley – not even for his own mother.

She wished she could leave the Battle behind. She wished it didn’t loom over her family, like a shadow, as though it had never truly passed.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Kara
    Title: Waiting for the Treats
    Rating/Warning: 3rd to 5th, sexual situations

Lily swatted James’ hand away gently as he tried to break a piece off the cake.

“I told you it needs to sit for a while. I swear, you’re such a child!” She giggled.

James removed his hand, but stayed close to Lily.

“Tell me again - why does it need to stay untouched for that long?” he asked.

“So that all the flavours can develop and mix – the fruits, and the Firewhiskey, and–”

“And have your fruity flavours mixed properly yet?” James nuzzled her neck. “I’m not sure I can bear it if you take as long as this cake.”
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: Maple
    House:Gryffindor
    Title: Far worse
    Warnings: None, 1st-2nd Year

Aunt Petunia made the most terrible Christmas cake. It was always too fruity and her icing was grainy and much too sweet. And yet he was forced to eat it, year after year. Once he stopped spending Christmas with the Dursleys, he stopped eating the cake. Mrs. Weasley never made it, and no one would get offended if he left it on the table at Hogwarts.

It was his first Christmas with Ginny when the cake re-emerged. Ginny had made it for the first time. Harry ate the cake to make her happy. It tasted far worse than Aunt Petunia’s.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 13

You may or may not have noticed from this barmaids avatar and sig, she's a little obsessed with Taylor Swift. The 13th December happens to be Taylor's birthday, therefore she is the inspiration of Day 13 of this Xmas challenge =)

Your Day 13 prompt is...

"Christmases when you were mine"

(The title of one of Taylor's Xmas songs... Me, obsessed? No...)

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Tuesday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Handled with Care
    Rating/Warnings: 1st–2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: This made a lot more sense in my head and with a couple hundred extra words. >.<

Albus smiled kindly at Hagrid as he accepted the proffered gift. Hagrid had just opened his—an impressively-sized bottle of brandy—an astute gift, if Albus did say so himself.

He always enjoyed Hagrid’s gifts, which were given with love, not gold. And when he removed the wrapping, he was not disappointed. Inside the box was a hulking Christmas cake, adorned with what resembled a green-icing tree.

“Why, thank you, Hagrid. I do enjoy a good bit of dessert.”

Hagrid grinned broadly before leaving, and Albus reached for the cake. It was…solid. A couple diffindos later, Albus smiled in triumph.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: The Almost Times
    Rating/Warnings: 1st–2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: Is this compliant with In the Ashes…actually, yes, it is. So this is a spoiler/teaser.

This day had played out so many times in her head, but all of them had Oliver as a centrepiece; reality was not so kind. A dozen Christmases had come and gone in her imagination, but the one that had been slated to be their first, Katie was staring at an unimpressive tree with an unimpressive smattering of gifts beneath that would not likely be delivered.

It wasn’t his fault he wasn’t there. She had pushed him away. Because she was scared…because she was insecure…because she was damaged.

Silently, Katie retreated back into her subconscious where Oliver was still hers.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Dessert
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd
    A/N: Four minutes till closing time...

Theodore Nott hated Christmas, always had. He didn’t see the point of celebrating it, anyway. Sure, there were presents, but there wasn’t any way he was going to get what he needed.

So he also hated Christmas Cake. It was chunky, fruity, and full of icing. Too, too…happy for Theo. He always left it on the table at Hogwarts. Hoping no one would notice. There were plenty of all the other desserts. Smirking slightly, Theo thought it best to leave some for Crabbe and Goyle.

Theo hated dessert in general. It wasn’t like he deserved the sweetness it brought him.
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Remembering
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd
    A/N: Happy birthday, Taylor! I bet Russia will catch my not-so-very-well-hidden reference.

Molly Weasley could still remember Fred’s face as the rocks collapsed on him. But she was losing the way that he laughed. Sure, she could look at George and remember the way he looked like, but George wasn’t Fred.

People have always thrown rocks at things that shone, Molly thought. Remembering the way the rocks crumbled. Remembering that Percy had forgiven Fred just in time.

Molly remembered all the Christmases where Fred was here, with her. All the Christmases where Fred was hers.

But what Molly was slowly coming to realise was that the past wasn’t even close to enough.
    Lily Writes ♥ alisonhendrxes blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: MAPF
    Title: Flat
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years, Snark
    AN: I'm a brat, but this was way too fun to write.

“Because there were Christmases when you were miiiiinnnneeee!!!!” Celestina Warbeck’s shallow voice came out of the wireless, flat, as was typical of her.

“She is so ’orible, I do not know why we listen to her every year,” Fleur whined. “She is not even that good.”

Molly glared at her and allowed the music to continue. “Last Christmas, I gave you my heart...”

“Does she ever even sing about anything ’appy?? Christmas is about being joyful, not about whining about a lost love,” Fleur continued, trailing her fingernails down Bill’s arm, while Celestina continued her off-pitch singing in the background.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex
    Title: Three Christmases
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/Slash and very, very mild sexual situations

They use Christmases to think about each other. Both are good at compartmentalising their thoughts, and therefore this comes easily to them, until the snow starts to fall. Then they remember the Christmases they shared.

The first they were friends. Gellert would talk for hours and Albus would listen, before arguing, taking Gellert’s point to its logical conclusion.

The second they were lovers, Gellert’s hand on Albus’ thigh, as they ate their Christmas dinner.

The third they, in their separate countries, thought of the Christmases they had belonged to each other, and all the Christmases to come, when they didn’t.
    Banner by Minna.