Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 8 ~MERGED

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cheshlin/Cyns
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Reflections
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/none

Andromeda left the room where Remus and Tonks were happily talking about their plans for the baby. Remus looked a little tight around the eyes, but Andromeda had hopes that he wouldn’t leave her daughter alone again. She couldn’t fathom what could have changed his mind, but she was thankful to whatever it was.

“Ted, if only you were here. I guess I can get through one Christmas alone, remembering all the Christmases that you were mine,” she whispered to her wedding photograph. “Seeing Dora with Remus reminds me of how you pursued me, and how well it turned out.”

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4/Ariana
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Christmas Spirit
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years; sexual situations but nothing too sexplicit .

Evan never understood what people meant by ‘Christmas spirit’ but some of his happiest moments had been with Dorcas during the holiday season, her legs tucked under his as they sat on the couch together and pretended like that Christmas was theirs alone.

Last Christmas Dorcas had sat with him and kissed him like always – knowing all along that she was going to leave him within the month.

This Christmas he made love to a pretty pureblood and thought as he slept beside her that maybe he was happy.

But it wasn’t the same. It would never be the same.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 14

Your Day 14 prompt is...

Carol Singing
    (and, no this isn't a girl called Carol who happens to be singing!)

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Wednesday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: MAPF
    Title: Feelings of Music
    No warnings/1st-2nd Years

“As a few of you will recall, Professor Dumbledore called music ‘a magic beyond all we do here’, and so in the spirit of Christmas without Voldemort, Professor Flitwick will lead you in a carol sing,” Headmistress McGonagall declared.

Professor Flitwick raised his wand in the air, and the words appeared in the air.

“God rest ye merry hippogriffs...” The Great Hall rang with a chorus of voices singing in different keys, making a sound that was glorious and beautiful in its own right.

McGonagall smiled to herself. Somewhere, Dumbledore was humming along, enjoying the feelings that only music makes.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Silent Night
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years; sexual situations mentioned and mild profanity
    A/N:This is me going for lighthearted… :P Didn't work so well in the end.

When Pansy was drunk at his flat during the holidays she would sing Christmas carols – her high, screeching voice cutting over the soft crooning of the radio.

He always wanted her to leave but it was pathetic to spend Christmas night alone and besides the sex afterwards was quite good – even blissfully silent because it seemed Pansy had overused her vocal chords singing (or yelling at him to get better brandy).

Draco hated Pansy at times. She was loud and obnoxious and a b*tch. But, unlike so many others, she loved him. Sometimes Draco missed the feeling of being loved.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/welshdevondragon
    Title: The Child
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years; sexual situations mentioned.

Marlene, breathless, checked she was presentable, before opening the door.. She’d been trying to ignore the amateurish voices, singing enthusiastically, but to no avail. She didn’t want to be distracted during these few hours with Evan.

The door opened, a family of carollers grinned, proffering their buckets towards her.

Marlene almost told them to go away, but then noticed the child singing. He would be about her son’s age. Her son who was currently playing in the park with her husband.

She gave the carollers some Muggle money, and closed the door.

“Evan!” she shouted. “You need to leave. Now.”
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Kara
    Title: Merry Gryffindors
    Ratings/Warnings: 1st/2nd

"Now that you're in my house for Christmas, you have to abide by our traditions, too," James said with a grin.

"You really mean it, don't you?" Sirius replied, resigned.

James handed him a paper that was folded down the middle. "There's no way out of this for you."

"It's just that we never used to sing at my- my parents' home," Sirius went on, fidgeting with the corner of the paper.

"Well, this is your home now," James' mother said, entering the room with a tray of cookies and steaming mugs. "And here, we sing carols." She smiled warmly.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Hark! The Herald Brother Sings
    Rating/Warnings: 1st–2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: I bet I fooled you with the first couple of lines. Muahahaha.

“Do you want to go carolling?”

James frowned. “Lily, have you been drinking? You can’t sing. You don’t even like to sing.”

The wobbly punch Lily planted on James’s shoulder gave him his answer. “But it’s the spirit of the season, big brother. And you can sing.”

“But…I don’t want to.”

“Al is going, even if Rose is making him go.”

“Hell, Rose is going? She sounds like a bag of Kneazles.” Sighing heavily, James added, “I guess I should. Just to keep you lot from murdering perfectly good songs.”

Beaming, Lily said, “I knew you’d see it my way.”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    RESULTS FOR DAYS 8-14

(APOLOGIES FOR DELAY. I'M GETTING AROUND TO THIS.
    ALL POINTS ARE FOR SPRING TERM)

Drabble Du Jour

Day 8 - ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Day 9 - shared between ToBeOrNot and Karaley Dargen

Day 10 - lucca4

Day 11 - welshdevondragon

Day 12 - (shared)welshdevondragon ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Day 13 - lucca4

Day 14 - ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Points -

iwannabeanauror - 1
    karaleydargen - 7
    welshdevondragon 9
    lucca4 - 8
    The Cursed Quill - 2
    Maple and Phoenix feather - 6

Padfoot113333 - 5
    Weasley Mom - 1

ToBeOrNot - 11
    harry4lif - 0
    Babewithbrains - 0
    Little JM - 0

Cheshlin - 6
    the opaleye - 1

Gryffindor - 33
    Hufflepuff - 6
    Ravenclaw - 11
    Slytherin - 7
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird