Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 8 ~MERGED

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: A Yule to Remember
    Rating/Warnings: 3rd/5th Years—Sexual Situations
    Author’s Notes: Hehe, this is prolly borderline as to what is allowed. <3 me some OliKate.

“Look at it, Oliver! It’s awful,” Katie said as she frowned at the tree sitting in the corner, surrounded by fallen needles. “It’s our first Christmas together, and I’ll not have a shabby tree!”

Shrugging, Oliver asked, “What d’you want me to do? I didn’t put it up.”

“I…no, you didn’t, but you can fix it.” She gave him a seductive smile. “I’ll make it worth your while.”

This was an offer he couldn’t refuse. The tree was soon perfect as they lay next to it, stray pine needles forgotten and the fire not the only heat in the room.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/welshdevondragon
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: The Smell Of Pine
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/ Mention of character deaths
    Author’s Notes: This follows directly on from my drabble in the advent calendar prompt.

Meda looked away from her grandson, now attempting to prise open another window of his advent calendar, to the tree. Inhaling the smell of pine, her longing for Ted hit her like a sudden winter wind. She brushed away a tear, hating how quickly, and without warning, she was overwhelmed by memories.

Memories of hours spent with her family beneath a tree just like the one she beheld now, clumsily attired and unlike the formal Black Christmas tree of her childhood. Memories of last Christmas, without her husband, and thoughts of moments she never spent, as grandmother, wife and mother.
    Last edited by welshdevondragon; 12-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Banner by Minna.

True American Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Why Are We Looking for Trevor Right now?
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Reality
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/ profanity

The pine needles crunched under Ernie Macmillanís feet as he headed off into the Forbidden Forest. He was sure he hadnít imagined it. He had seen the three of them go that way. Towards Voldemort.

Still, Ernie cast the Patronus, helped Harry, Ron and Hermione go forwards, even though he was sure it was the wrong way. Harry had always been so damn self-righteous.

As he was walking back, the tangy aura of the pine needles under his feet and around him brought him back to reality.

And the honest reality was, he didnít know if they would come back.
    Lily WritesLily BlogsLily Listens

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Name: iwannabeanauror
    Title: Horcrux
    Rating/warning: 3-5 years, DH spoilers.
    A/N: In case it isn't obvious, this is from chapter 34 of DH, but from Hermione's point of view (still in 3rd person, though).

Hermione watched as her best friend walked off into the Forbidden Forest alone and with no plans on coming back. The smell of pine needles; the sound of crunching leaves; these would be his last senses. At least until the flash of green light...

Hermione tried to force back tears. She felt Ron's arms wrap around her protectively, rested her head on his shoulder, and allowed, for one of the few times ever, for emotions to flow out of her uncontrolled.

"How can he be a Horcrux, Ron?" Hermione demanded. "How? I don't understand."

But Ron only shook his head.
    Kindly disregard old posts by me. I was an irritating kid who didn't understand grammar.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 11

Your Day 11 prompt is...

Mistletoe

(What? No, I haven't been listening to Justin Bieber... )

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Sunday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-11-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Stickehhhh
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Title: Just For The Holidays
    Rating/Warnings: 3rd-5th years

We had assumed, foolishly, that they would give us this one day.

I had gone back to my parents for the holidays. My father had bought a tree, and we had decorated it with all the old baubles and fairy light charms.

They came on Christmas Day while my little brother was unwrapping presents. The first Stunner that flew through the room hit the tree, and the next moment, everything was covered in pine needles. I grabbed my brother and ran out, intending to return once he was safe to help my parents. I never made it back in time.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Karawr
    Title: Fertility
    Rating/Warning: 3rd-5th, sexual situations implied
    A/N: I assume that Slughorn would have more of those 'brew what you will' classes with his NEWT students, especially around Christmas.

Slughorn stepped up behind her as she was plucking the berries and leaves from the mistletoe.

"Oh-ho, and what are you brewing, Miss Evans?" he asked, and, noticing what he was doing, raised his eyebrows. "Mistletoe? You're not making a... well... are you?"

Lily couldn't help giggling. "No, sir, I'm not making an aphrodisiac. This is a fertilising potion for Herbology. It should help bring back life into the drained soil. Mistletoe is linked to strength fertility in many senses."

As Slughorn walked away, muttering praise into his moustache, Lily couldn't help but grin. The less he knew, the better...
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cheshlin
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Moving Onward
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/ none
    Author’s Notes: This is another scene of Tonks during the Christmas season during DH

Tonks moved clumsily behind her mother as Andromeda pulled her carefully into the next room. There in the corner, a small pine tree was covered in all the mementos of past Christmases. The fact that her father and Remus wasn’t there hit her once again, but she forced a smile onto her face.

“It is beautiful mum. I have always loved the smell of the pine needles this time of year,” Tonks said. The melancholy was clear in her voice.

“They will be with us soon, and shall always be with us in our hearts,” Andromeda hugged her daughter tight.

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cheshlin/ Cyns
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Surprise
    Rating/Warning: 1st and 2nd years/ none
    A/N: Another scene with Tonks

Tonks did what she could to help her mother decorate for Christmas, but her pregnancy was slowing her down. The decorations were beautiful, and the scent of pine filled the house.

“We have one more thing to put up,” Andromeda said as she danced into the room. “This was always Ted’s favourite thing. She held up a sprig of mistletoe.

“Mom, there is no man here to kiss under that,” Tonks laughed.

A soft laugh came from behind her, “I have to disagree with that statement Dora.”

Tonks spun much too quickly and fell into Remus’ arms with a kiss.

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Soft Lips
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd years/ brief sexual situations
    Author’s Notes: Plot bunny? I think yes.

Lily’s favourite hiding spot was behind the Christmas tree – not because it kept her hidden, but because the sharp, evergreen scent reminded her that Christmas itself was only days away.

She caught Petunia behind the tree one day while their parents were out. Petunia’s lips were on her friend Elizabeth’s neck, soft and tentative. She turned a furious shade of red when Lily found them and quickly sent Elizabeth home.

With a pine needle, Petunia pricked at Lily’s finger until it bled and Lily swore a blood oath never to tell, though she did not quite understand what it meant.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.