Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 8 ~MERGED

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Karararar
    House: Gryffindoooor
    Title: Red and White
    Rating/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years, Death Implied

She hadn't expected the house to be dark when she arrived at Margaret's. Surely, Maggie must be at home, otherwise the door wouldn't have been open. She felt for the light switch, but couldn't find it. As she made her way through the corridor, she called out her friend's name, and found that it got stuck in her throat. Suddenly, she stepped on something that broke under her feet. The sound made her jump.

"This is silly," she muttered. "Lumos!"

Looking down, she saw that what she had stepped on was a candy cane.

And then she saw the blood.
    Last edited by Russia Snow; 12-10-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Exceptional
    A/N: I hope you didn't mean literal stars....

He’d tried to shine, damn, he really had. He’d never really shone, not next to his wife, or his brother, or any other of the Death Eaters. His mother had always told him that he might not be the biggest star, but if you looked to the side, you would see Rodolphus Lestrange shining brightest.

This wasn’t even the thing that a Death Eater should care about. They all wanted to be Voldemort’s favorite, but none of them really were. The ones that stood out were people like Snape and Bellatrix. Exceptional.

People like Rodolpus just blended into the crowd.
    Lily Writes ♥ piningwillow Blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence Tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/welshdevondragon
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: A Bedtime Story
    A/N: Grandma Black tells creepiest bedtime stories....

“Sit by the fire and let your Gran tell you a story. Once upon a time a star in the sky wanted to be better than all the other stars. So it burned and burned, shining so brightly, until it outshone all the other stars, and those on Earth thought it was the only star in the sky.

“Then it exploded. All that was left was dust, drifting lonely through space. All the other stars, content to blaze at normal pace, remained. Do you understand, Bella?”

Bella said, in hushed excitement, with her eyes fixed on the burning logs, “Yes.”
    Banner by Minna.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cyns/Cheshlin
    House: Slytherin
    Title: A Muggle Wonder
    A/N: Tonks would be 11 or 12 in this scene

Nymphadora Tonks looked at the scene under her Muggle grandmother’s Christmas tree. There was a baby lying in hay. A woman kneeled behind him with a man standing beside her. Three men in robes held golden gifts, and a shepherd and lamb was nearby.

The story of a baby sent to save mankind seemed strange to her, but the kings reminded her of wizards. A star above the barn kept trying to light, but the electric bulb flickered on and off.

When her grandparents weren’t looking, she pulled her wand out. The star would shine bright and clear forever afterwards.

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Gryffindor Hero

He liked Harry, he really did. Harry was brave and kind but modest about it – he wasn’t the type of bloke to talk about what he had done until people grew tired of hearing it. Neville thought he might never grow tired of hearing the stories.

Neville’s grandmum loved Harry. And Neville knew Harry’s life was difficult but sometimes he wished he could be a Gryffindor hero, too. His relatives would mumble sometimes that maybe the Hat had been wrong about him and sometimes Neville thought so too.

But one day, he hoped, it would be his moment to shine.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: MAPF
    Title: Shadows
    A/N: I think that this prompt perfectly fits Ron

It didn’t matter what he did, because his older brothers had all done it first. Prefect? That was done three times already. Headboy? Done twice. Quidditch Captain? Done by Charlie who was so good he could have played professionally. 12 OWLS? Done. Everything he did, his brothers could do better. The awkward youngest son, constantly being compared to the others. There was nothing new he could do. He couldn’t even be the rebel of the family, the twins had done that already. He was doomed to live in the shadows cast by the bright lights of his five older brothers.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Kararoo
    Title: You Charmed That Heart Right Out Of Me

When she had left Hogwarts, everyone had told her that it was a stupid idea, that she'd never make it, and that she'd be back with her great-aunt in no time, wishing she had stuck around for her NEWTs. They weren't entirely right. She hadn't made it (yet), but she was not going to go back to living with her relatives, even if that meant cleaning this dump of a bar for the rest of her life. She sighed and put another chair up. One month till Christmas. She started humming.

Suddenly, someone entered. "Celestina?" he asked. "Is that you?"
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Shooting Star
    Rating/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: This is super lame, and I did a ridiculous amount of research to write it. >.>

“Where’s your star, Padfoot?” James asked.

“Can’t see it,” Sirius said shortly. “It’s on the far horizon and only visible close to dawn.”

“Oh.”

Silently musing, Sirius offered, “You know, I think my family knew I’d be like I am. Look.” Pointing toward Leo, he said, “Regulus is up for all to see, and—” gesturing toward the opposite horizon, he added, “and there’s Orion, bold as ever.”

The sympathy Sirius expected never came. Instead, James said, “Doesn’t that just mean that you don’t have to prove yourself? I think you outshine them all.”

Scoffing, Sirius quipped, “Shut up, Prongs.”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    locked for judging

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 10

Sorry for the delay. RS: (That was all my fault, I'm a bad barmaid!)

Your Day 10 prompt is...

Pine needles

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Sunday 10pm GMT. (yes, there's extra time on this)

Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia xxxxx
    Last edited by Russia Snow; 12-10-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye