Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 8 ~MERGED

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 8 ~MERGED

~
    ~
    Your Day 8 prompt is...

Candy Cane

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Thursday 10pm GMT.

Madam Russia xxxxx
    (What? No I didn't just copy and paste Madam Caroleee's post. Well... maybe a little >.>) I love you, Russia.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-07-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Stickinggggggggggggg
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

True American Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Why Are We Looking for Trevor Right now?
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: That Filthy Thing
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/ none
    A/N: Getting it done early...Carole closed the thread before I got home yesterday

“What. Is. That?” Walburga Black said to her son, disgusted.

“It’s a candy cane,” her son, Sirius, explained. “It’s a candy that you hang on a Christmas tree.”

“And where, may I ask, did you find out about this candy cane?” Walburga asked coolly. “Your Mudblood friends, I suppose.”

“Well, it is really a Muggle thing, but Mother! Wizards don’t always have to be separated from Muggles! James told me about it, and his family is completely pureblood.”

Walburga sniffed. “The Potters…are not particularly concerned with their pureblood status. We, on the other hand, are. Get the filthy thing away.”
    Lily WritesLily BlogsLily Listens

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Name: the opaleye
    House: Sssssslytherin
    Title: The Kitchen Table
    Rating/Warning: 3rd-5th years; Sexual Situations
    A/N: As much as it pains me to write this pairing, I just couldn't resist!

She was sitting on the edge of the kitchen table, legs crossed and smirking, when Harry walked through the door. Ginny’s tongue swirled languorously around the end of the candy cane and she tried not to laugh as his mouth fell open in a comical ‘O’.

“Hi, love,” she said. “Do you want something?”

Harry cleared his throat and nodded.

“Do you want some of… this?” she asked, sucking on the minty sweet. Harry rushed over to her, hands gripping her waist, lips at her neck. She swatted him away and hopped off the table.

“Go get your own then.”

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/welshdevondragon
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Bright Things
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/ mental disorders
    A/N:

She hoards bright things. Her favourite bright thing is a pale red and pure white stick, so unlike the off-white, the garish green and dull red suddenly everywhere. She holds this in her hand tight, not letting anyone take it, especially the woman whose always there, except at night.

But there’s a boy with her, this time. Water is running down his face. That’s called ‘crying’, she thinks.

She wants to stop the water. How? Everyone likes bright things.

Smiling, she holds the stick out to him, and he accepts. His smile is the brightest thing she’s ever seen.
    Banner by Minna.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cheshlin
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Christmas Candy
    Rating/Warning: 1st/2nd years, None
    A/N: I hope that I caught Luna's Spirit right.

Luna danced around the kitchen, twirling as she went. Her father was in the next room, working on the next edition of the Quibbler.

Ribbons of every color were tied throughout her hair, and they moved behind her as she moved.

“Luna, you look like some lovely colorful candies, when you dance around like that,” Xenophilius said as he entered the kitchen.

“That is what I want to look like, and what I am making,” Luna laughed. “The twirling helps the candy canes bring more joy, and my friends need that as they remember those we lost in the battle.”

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

TheCursedQuill
    Name: TheCursedQuill
    Title: Christmas Sweater
    Ratings/warnings: 1st-2nd/None. as always.
    A/N: Lesson of the day: Where's Waldo is Where's Wally in the UK! Who knew? (other than those living in the UK.... ...)

“You look like a candy cane,” Ron said when Seamus came down from the boy’s dormitory. Seamus looked down at his red and white striped jumper, a confused look on his face. Ron snickered; evidently, Seamus didn’t think his festive jumper looked all that bad.

Dean laughed and said, “I’d say more like Where’s Wally?

“Where’s what-y?” Ron asked. Dean sighed and said, “Where’s Wally? It’s a muggle thing, he wears a shirt like that. Never mind.”

Ron and Seamus rolled their eyes as if to say, muggles are so weird.

“Seriously though, Seamus, take that thing off,” Ron said.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Sickly sweet
    Ratings/warnings: 1st-2nd/None
    A/N:

The smell of candy canes reminded her of him. He used to come home at Christmas time with a box full of them, insisting that they hang at least one or two on the Christmas tree. They would eat them all anyway, and laugh and dance and sing off-key to Muggle Christmas music.

He was too sick to bring home candy canes or a tree or any decorations this Christmas. And Cho wondered, as she looked at him covered in tubing hooked up to some kind of fancy Muggle equipment, why she always seemed to lose the ones she loved.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: MAPF
    Title: Sticky lips
    Ratings/warnings: 1st-2nd/None. as always.
    A/N: It was this or guys in top hats dancing with candy cane canes.

Hermione remembers the story well. She always wanted to know what things meant, and the origin of the candy cane was no different. She now tells it to Rose, who is so like her in that regard.

“They are shaped like the staff that the shepherd’s carried, but some say it was bent so that they could hang on Yule trees. They say the colours represent duty of Christ, but there is no evidence for that.”

Rose looked up at her mother with bright eyes as she sucked on her candy cane. “Tell me more,” she said with sticky lips.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Case of the Candy Cane
    Rating/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: I fully acknowledge this drabble’s boringness. I am tired and have to go to work. >.<

“What —” Draco asked as he plucked a curious object off the Ministry Christmas tree, “— is this?”

He glanced at Astoria, who merely shook her head, but young Scorpius groaned in annoyance. “It’s a candy cane, Dad. You peel off the cello wrap and you lick it.”

Squinting at the confection, Draco mused, “Then what does it do?”

“Er…nothing. You just eat it.”

Hanging the candy cane back on the tree, Draco scoffed. “What sort of rubbish is that…Christmas sweets that don’t do anything.” Then a thought occurred to him. “Is this a Muggle thing?”

“Yes.”

Figures, he thought.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 9

~
    ~
    Your Day 9 prompt is...

(This comes from a long story told to me by my mum about a school nativity a friend of hers went to last night...)

The star that tried to shine

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Friday 10pm GMT.

Madam Russia xxxxx
    Love you too, Caroleeeee =3
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-10-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.