Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 1

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: An Offering
    Rating/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: Definitely a Gryff moment for Lily.

“Daddy, why is that man sitting next to a skip?” Lily asked as she tugged Harry’s hand.

Harry looked over at the lump of fabric Lily was indicating across the street. Squinting, he could see stains on the man’s jacket amidst a cocoon of discarded newspaper. However, before he could stop her, Lily darted into the empty London street and over to the man.

As he followed her, he was nervous, but he nearly stopped mid-street when he saw his little girl hand her scarf to the homeless man, who smiled gratefully. His heart couldn’t help but swell with pride.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

TheCursedQuill
    Name: TheCursedQuill
    House: Gyrffindor
    Title: A Marauder Prank
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd/none
    A/N: Another prank...

The marauder’s stood against the castle wall, all staring in different directions trying not to look like something was about to happen.

The doors opened but they didn’t stir until a scrawny boy with greasy hair walked out. Sirius exchanged a look with Peter who couldn’t help but chuckle.

Snape walked across the snowy lawn, pulling his scarf around his neck as he did so. James’s eyes twinkled with mischief. A second later, Snape was on the ground being pulled backwards by his scarf. The boys roared with laughter, watching the nerdy Slytherin struggle to take the woolen garment off.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Scarves and Memories
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/suicide (brief mention)
    A/N:

Audrey holds the scarf that she knit for Lucy seventeen years ago.

The one Molly taught her how to make (sort of an initiation into the family), with under-over twirl-around loops. Like the Muggles used.

She holds in her hand the scarf that Lucy never took off in the wintertime (though it had Gryffindor colours and Lucy was a Hufflepuff). Lucy loved that scarf; it made her smile.

Audrey grips the scarf – Lucy’s scarf, Audrey’s scarf – that Lucy used to take her own life three days ago.

It stares up at her with memories of things that will never be.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    Title: Tears
    Rating/Warnings: 1st-2nd/none
    A/N: Back to Renaissance Music studying.

She found it as she was cleaning out Ron’s room, ensuring that all traces of Harry was gone. It was folded nicely under the clean clothes that they had not had time to pack. She ran her hands over the soft threads of the red and gold scarf.

She slowly wrapped the scarf around her neck and nuzzled her lower face into it. It still smelled like him. The earthy smell that was so distinctive of Harry.

For the first time since she had kissed Harry on his birthday, she succumbed to tears, hoping for his safety and his return.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Kara
    Title: Serial
    Rating/Warnings: 3rd/5th death implied

"Another one?" he asked as he stepped onto the lawn. Frozen grass crunched under his feet.

"Looks like we really have a serial here," March replied. "What do you think, Wood?"

He threw his cigarette on the ground and watched it melt some of the frozen dew away. "I think this is getting absurd."

They both looked down on the victim. The red scarf was still wrapped around her neck. She had long blonde hair like the other two, and her painted lips stood out against the blueish white of her skin. Next to her lay a striped candy stick.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I hand over to my fellow barmaid for week 2

Mwahahahahahahahahaha

Results for week one will follow shortly, I hope.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    RESULTS FOR WEEK 1

(I've merged all the threads to keep things tidy)

Before we start, a word about the word-count. The question was asked how we check the 100 word rule. I paste all the drabbles into a word document. If it shows 100 words then I accept it. If it shows something more or less, then I manually count the words. In some cases it has proved to be 100 words, in others MSW is correct and thus points have not been awarded.

Where a drabbler has hyphenated a word - or used ellipses - and this has led to a misdeclaration, I have given the benefit of the doubt.

Thus, some of you may have entered one day and not been awarded points. *hides*

Drabble du jour

Day 1 - Couldn't choose, so 2 points each to lucca4 and Weasley Mom

Day 2 - ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Day 3 - Karaley dargen

Day 4 - Weasley Mom

Day 5 - lucca4

Day 6 - Couldn't choose, so 2 points each for Karaley dargen and ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

Day 7 - lucca4

Points so far

iwannabeanauror - 4
    karaleydargen - 7
    welshdevondragon 6 (day 5 drabble was 96 words)
    lucca4 - 10
    The Cursed Quill - 5
    Maple and Phoenix feather - 7

Padfoot113333 - 6
    Weasley Mom - 6

ToBeOrNot - 7 (day 1 drabble was 101, day 4 drabble was 97)
    harry4lif - 1
    Babewithbrains - 2
    Little JM - 1

Cheshlin - 3

Gryffindor - 39
    Hufflepuff - 12
    Ravenclaw -11
    Slytherin - 3
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird