Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 1

True American Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Why Are We Looking for Trevor Right now?
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Just Enough
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd/ none

Every year, that was the Dursley’s Christmas gift. They bought enough bottles of mulled wine to stock a household and then passed them out on Christmas morning to friends and family. Dudley was a different case…Dudley always was. He got Playstations, computers. But Aunt Marge got mulled wine, Yvonne got mulled wine. They never complained.

This year, it was going to be different, Petunia knew that. There weren’t going to be any extravagant presents for Dudley, not when they were staying with wizards.

But even though the Dursleys weren’t always good people, they were family. And family was just enough.
    Lily WritesLily BlogsLily Listens

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Name: Cyns/Cheshlin
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Homecoming

Remus entered the house, and gladly accepted a cup of mulled wine from Lily. The smile on her face filled him with almost as much joy as feeling the warmth from the cup in his nearly frozen hands. It was a very cold night out, and his gloves were not nearly as warm as the night required.

“Hey mate! Glad that you could make it,” James said while thumping Remus on the back. “Christmas just wouldn’t have been the same without you.”

Remus smiled, “I’m not recovered, but the full moon couldn’t keep me from my family on Christmas Eve.”

Banner by Grangergirl from Slytherin

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: Maple
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Celebrate
    A/N: This was harder to write about than any other prompt. :/

The extended Weasley family sat around the room, laughing at some joke George had just told as the fire crackled merrily. Mrs. Weasley walked about, pouring out mulled wine.

Harry gratefully accepted a glass while bouncing little James on his knee. The others continued to take glasses from Mrs. Weasley, until she reached Hermione.

“Oh, no thanks, Molly. Ron and I actually have an announcement. We’re expecting.”

The room turned from laughter to excited babble in less than a second. The Christmas season was always something to celebrate, and the news of a new child was something to be enjoy.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: Ariana/lucca4
    Title: Winter Niceties
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd years; alcohol consumption (who would've guessed?!)

Mulled wine made his nose tingle and his breath thick with the smell of spices. It wasn’t nearly as strong as the alcohol he needed, but he flashed a hollow, charming smile toward the old woman who’d offered it.

“Thank you,” he murmured, grateful that she seemed to be the only woman in Britain without a telly. Or perhaps she was just too senile to recognise him.

“Not a problem at all, dear. Even those without a home deserve a good Christmas.”

She offered him another glass, but he declined. The only thing Sirius Black thirsted for now was revenge.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Name: Soraya
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Firework
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd; cousin pairing

Lily stood near the window with her companion, watching through the glass as her relatives counted down to the New Year.

And as the squeals of Catherine wheels rent the air, she suddenly stood on her tiptoes and kissed him.

She tasted sweet mulled wine on his lips as she ran her fingers through his hair, resting her hand on his neck. He pulled away, and there was something unreadable in his eyes. She didn't know what it was, but she didn't care either; instead, she closed her eyes, her head against Louis's chest, and watched the fireworks from afar.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: Doubts
    Rating/Warnings: 1st/2nd Years—None
    Author’s Notes: I would think Percy would spaz a bit before the first one before settling down and enjoying parenthood.

He wondered how much mulled wine he could drink before it became unseemly. Normally, Percy didn’t imbibe, but this was gearing up to be an exception. He had the next four days off of work and wanted them to go by as quickly as possible before he said something stupid that she’d make him regret.

Audrey hadn’t told anyone yet—she was waiting until Christmas Day—but nothing seemed final at the moment, almost like it wasn’t happening. He definitely wasn’t ready for it, and he had numerous doubts—all about himself.

One thing was certain: prospective fatherhood was frightening.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 6

Opening much earlier than usual

Your Day 6 prompt is

Ivy leaves

Refer to the rules here

Thread will close on Tuesday 10pm GMT.

Madam Carmerta
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

TheCursedQuill
    Name: Sarah
    Title: First Date
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd years/None
    A/N: Finally, someone to teach him how to cook!

Hagrid nervously placed the cup of mulled wine in front of Madame Maxime. “Call me Olympe,” she had said and that made his barely visible cheeks turn a rosy shade of pink. Olympe, he repeated in his head. Years later the name would still be repeating in his mind as the woman he could have lived out his life with.

She picked up the cup and took a large gulp. Her face wrinkled up.

“Is it cold?” Hagrid asked sheepishly.

“No… it iz too sweet.”

His cheeks became redder and she laughed. “I can teach you ‘ow to make more.”

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/welshdevondragon
    House:Gryffindor
    Title: The Poor Big Man With Blonde Hair
    Rating/Warning:1st/2nd year/character death
    A/N:*This is about Ted Tonks (sniff). I donít have the books with me, but from the lexicon it says his death is mourned on Potterwatch when the trio listen to it in March, therefore I thought I could stretch his time of death to February.

Years later, she would often shudder at the memory. During the coldest February she could remember, aged seven, she had skipped ahead of her parents, and passed through the churchyard gate.

Therefore she had seen the man slumped against the wall first, and curious, went to kneel beside him. His skin looked so blue, his hair so pale, compared to the verdant green ivy, choking the stones in the wall. She had pressed her small gloved hand to his cheek, and then screamed.

He must have died from the cold, the coroner said. The poor big man with blonde hair.
    Banner by Minna.

True American Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Why Are We Looking for Trevor Right now?
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Herbology Lessons
    A/N: Rereading this drabble, I have to wonder what Hannah got on her Herbology O.W.L., lol

“Here, you…” Hannah stopped as Neville turned around and saw her. “You dropped your quill.”

Neville bent down to pick it up, almost brushing Hannah’s shoulder. Hannah wasn’t quite sure why, but she’d had a thing for Neville for a long time, and right now it was almost killing her.

She looked up. It was Christmastime, so there was mistletoe hung on the rafters. Hannah took a deep breath as Neville stood up.

“Look. Mistletoe.”

Neville first blushed, and then looked up at the rafters. “A quick Herbology lesson?” he said. “Those are ivy leaves.”

He still, tentatively, kissed Hannah.
    Lily WritesLily BlogsLily Listens

banner by theopaleye | avi by me