Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 1

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

DIABOLICAL DECEMBER - A DRABBLER'S DREAM ~ 100 WORDS -NO MORE, NO LESS. Day 1

WELCOME, BARFLIES, TO A FROSTY (POSSIBLY) DECEMBER.

NOW, LET US CELEBRATE THREE BROOMSTICKS STYLE!

This December we’re going to run a month long competition. It will be daily. You don’t have to enter every day, although you will accrue more points that way.

We’re also going back to drabbling roots and invoking the one hundred word rule. That’s right, all your drabbles must be 100 words – no more, no less – for you to gain any points.

Your barmaids will set a new prompt every day around the theme of Christmas or Winter. The thread will stay open for at least 24 hours, and then one of us will lock it. As real life does get hectic at this time of year, then it’s possible your barmaids won’t close on time. If this happens, then you may post after the deadline. We’re not going to penalise you.

Providing we get sufficient quality entries, we will award someone ‘Drabble of the Day’ and they will receive 2 points. All other drabbles, providing they meet the criteria, will receive 1 point. At the end on the month, we will award an extra 15 points to the person we feel has been the best overall drabbler. Then 10 extra for the second place and 5 for third best drabbler. (these points will only be awarded if there are sufficient entrants.)

Threads will be locked at 10pm GMT (we hope).

Are you ready?

Here’s your first prompt.

~Advent Calender~

Form for drabble.

PHP Code:
    Name:
    House:
    Title:
    Rating/Warning:
    A/N
    Please remember that this is a Harry Potter site. Drabbles that have no apparent connection to the Potterverse will probably be discounted.
    At the end of each week, we will merge the threads, so please keep a look out for the results. All points will be added to the Spring term hourglasses in January.

~Madam Carmerta and Madam Russia.~
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-01-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Name: iwannabeanauror
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Lily's Christmas Confusion
    Rating/Warning: 1-2 years, DH spoilers (epilouge spoilers, really)
    A/N: Just a random little thing inspired by my 3-year-old sister (thanks, Samantha).

"Daddy?" three-year-old Lily asked. "What's that on the wall?"

Harry looked over to what she was pointing at. "It's called an advent Calder," he answered. "It tells us how many days there are until Christmas. Every day, we open a door. When they're all opened, it means it's Christmas.

Lily nodded to show her understanding. "Okay, Daddy," she said in a bright voice, her brown eyes wide with excitement. She then ran off to play with Albus.

Ten minutes later, Lily ran back to her father. "Daddy! Look! Al and I opened up all of the doors! It's Christmas now!
    Last edited by iwannabeanauror; 11-30-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: I didn't fill in the title. Oops!
    Kindly disregard old posts by me. I was an irritating kid who didn't understand grammar.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Name: Kara
    Title: Family
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd, none

“What’s the matter, Black? First snow of the season, you’re usually possessed by the ghost of a ten-year-old by this time.” Lily sat down next to him on the cold steps.

Sirius shrugged. “I’m just not feeling it this year. It’s all this family stuff, and this is the first year I won’t even be with them. Not that it was better before, just–”

“You should know by now that we’re your family.” Lily tutted. “And I’m not having this lack of Christmas spirit in my family. Well, we still have twenty-four days to get you there.”
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    Name: Alex/ welshdevondragon
    Title: First Christmas
    Rating/Warning: 1st/2nd years- none
    Madam Carmerta Edit: No warnings?! What have you done with the real Alex?

Andromeda knelt next to her grandson. He was busy bashing a fluffy toy Hippogriff against a teddy bear which had belonged to his mother.

The teddy bear looked distinctly worse for the wear, fraying at the seams. When Teddy was rough, Andromeda felt she should protect the toy her daughter had loved, but she couldn’t spoil his evident enjoyment.

She opened the cardboard door, and placed the chocolate on her palm, drawing Teddy’s interest. As he reached out for it, Andromeda laughed, albeit sadly. For this was Teddy’s first christmas, and his parents weren’t there to share it with him.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Banner by Minna.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Name: Lily/Padfoot11333
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Chocolate
    Rating/Warning: none, 1st-2nd years
    A/N: Way too hard to just write 100 words :/

Madam Carmerta Edit: You did it! Yay!
    “It’s getting to be Christmas, James,” Lily said brightly. “And just so you know, we’re buying Harry way too many presents.”

“He’s almost six months old,” James pointed out. “He deserves some presents for that.” Lily started to open a box.

“What’s in there?” James asked.

“Our Christmas decorations!” Lily told him, pulling a calendar out of the box and hanging it on the wall.

“Why do we need a calendar?” James asked. “I’m sorry, but I just don’t know what that is.”

“An Advent Calendar! Harry can have chocolate every day!” Lily said.

“Harry and chocolate?” James said excitedly.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-01-2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Lily Writes ♥ piningwillow Blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence Tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Name: lucca4/Arianaaaa
    Title: Christmas Chocolates
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd years; none
    A/N: This takes place during during the Carrows' rule at Hogwarts, when Muggleborns were no longer welcome.
    Madam Carmerta Edit: how mean!

Years ago, his mum would bring home advent calendars from work at Christmastime. It was something he remembered looking forward to.

The chocolate had been round and smooth; it was cold and velvet and sweet on his tongue.

Justin didn’t know what reminded him of that. These days he was running and hoping to God that his parents were safe. He was certain December was approaching but he didn’t have the time or luxury to buy an advent calendar.

His life was rather like an advent countdown now. Each day alive was as hard and sweet as the Christmas chocolates.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-01-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.

TheCursedQuill
    Name: TheCursedQuill
    Title: The Birth of Christ/The Birth of a Demon
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd. None
    A/N: This is meant to be the Fat Friar at age ten.

Jonathan knelt on the stone floor of the church, chanting with his brothers. He loved mass and was calmed by the routine of prayer. He opened his eyes and watched as the Priest lit the first candle to mark advent, the flame dancing for the coming of Christ. His heart swelled with joy for the merriment of their Savior. He couldn’t control his happiness; the tiny flame grew into a blazing fire. People were screaming and he didn’t know why.

He stood still, his eyes wide in horror. He did that, and everyone knew. He was a wizard. A demon.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Name: WeasleyMom
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Product Pitch
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd
    A/N: 100 words in Word

Ron raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

“It’s an advent calendar,” James told him, indicating the little compartments.

“It’s filled with sweets?”

The corners of James’ mouth twitched. “Not exactly… try it.”

Ron shot him a look and tugged at the door. “Ow!” He yanked his finger back. “Something bit me!”

James roared with laughter. “It’s a charm. There’s a different one behind every door—physical gags, insults, a couple of riddles. Try another.”

Ron drew back. “Like hell.” But then he studied it again. “You do it. Show me the charms… then we’ll test it on George.”

James beamed.
    Seriously cool banner by Julia

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Name: MAPF
    Title: Sugarfree Sweets
    Rating/Warning: 1st-2nd, none
    A/N:

Hermione had just opened a parcel from her parents, revealing what appeared to be a thin cardboard box.

“What’s that?” Parvati asked.

“It’s an Advent calendar,” Hermione replied. “Each day for the twenty-four days before Christmas, you open a little door and reveal what’s usually chocolate, but my parents have always got ones with sugar free sweets instead.”

Parvati nodded and turned away. Hermione returned to her calendar, smiling. It was nice of her parents to send her one, it was sure to make her first Christmas season away from home a bit easier. She gently opened the first door.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: tobeornottobeagryffindor
    House: Ravenclaw
    Title: The Gift (lame, I know >.>)
    Rating/Warning: 1st/2nd Years – None
    A/N: All I could come up with in ten minutes. So sue me.
    Madam Carmerta Edit: Jessica DiStrange, you are hereby sued -Mary-Sued.

“What is this?” Severus held the object away from his body as if it were going to explode momentarily.

Lily raised a brow. “It’s an Advent Calendar. You open the little doors, and there are little prizes behind each one. Usually chocolates, which I know you don’t like, so…”

As Lily trailed off awkwardly, Severus felt a moment of guilt. He knew exactly what it was; Tobias made sure his son was aware of several nuances of religious practices. That didn’t mean, however, that he’d ever received an one, let alone the offerings typically hidden in one.

“Th-thank you,” he choked.
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-01-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.