Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Para Bailar La Babble, Se Necesita una Cuarenta y Cinco!

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Really Random Question:

Is anyone as excited for the Hunger Games movie as me?

I digress . . .

I haven't looked at this in a while, and I hardly ever post. Soooo . . . (because I am the second(ish) newest newbie and I don't really know the SPEWers yet)

Hi. I'm Ellie. I write Next Gen. (but I love reading Helga/Salazar) My OTP is definitely Teddy/Victoire. Yeah.

OH! And I play the violin and run.

So . . .

Hi.
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    I've been meaning to read Hunger Games for ages (ever since a certain Alex Day recommended it....this was before I was in love with him though) although have just printed off my reading list for this term's modules and am not sure I'll be able to before the film comes out

Anyway question:

Do you ever write reviews for published works? Do you enjoy writing them as much as you enjoy writing reviews for authors on Mugglenet Fanfiction and other fanfiction sites?

I used to review on amazon, though a very long time ago. That's more so other people can see whether they want to read it, or not, rather than for the author to get feedback. Now, I only really comment if someone else has missed the point/ and then I enjoy pointing out their idiocy I'd love to be a proper reviewer though, especially of theatre (my fairly recent epic 1000 word review of the play Jerusalem for example). Met someone whose Dad was a theatre critic- apparently he was a sub-editor, but got the job when the usual theatre critic was ill-- which is, however, also why I don't think I could hack journalism--I'm not ambitious or ruthless enough.

Is anyone interested in film awards/ films? I am dying to see Shame and The Artist, but am not sure if I'll be able to find anyone to go with me.

I am, however, writing a long chaptered Scily, based on Laura Marling songs. It will also have only THREE WARNINGS. This is very rare for me.

So questions:

Any films anyone's interested in, atm, apart from Hunger Games?

What are people writing at the moment?

What do you think of the Great Hall Cotillion? Are you writing a pairing? Has your OTP been nabbed already? Have you read any stories written for it, which you particularly enjoyed?
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Ellie, you and I can be music buddies

Do you ever write reviews for published works? Do you enjoy writing them as much as you enjoy writing reviews for authors on Mugglenet Fanfiction and other fanfiction sites?
    ^
    I don't write reviews for published works, no. I do critique musical performances, haha. I did used to write commentaries though, and I usually structure my reviews as such, and then take out all the "so what?" stuff (You know what I mean, don't you Alex??), because that's just a bunch of BS the author probably didn't put in in the first place

I'm really into sports movies right now. Don't know why, as I haven't done sports in three years now I miss my Judo...

Um, I have a chaptered Scily and that Snape one that I really should finish, but I don't have the energy too.

What do you think of the Great Hall Cotillion? Are you writing a pairing? Has your OTP been nabbed already? Have you read any stories written for it, which you particularly enjoyed?
    I was so glad for that! It made me finish a story I had the intro for but had never had the ambition to finish. I was going to write a Luna/Fred next, but Luna is gone, so I am thinking of doing a cross-gen with the Next-Gen kids. I was going to do Lily/Neville, but Neville is gone too And I can't do Roxanne/Oliver, because I already did Oliver (and am quite happy with the result), so I may do Lily/Cormac if both are still available.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph

The Dark Knight Rises, though that doesn't come out till the summer >.> Ooooh, and Daniel Radcliffe's new film, The Woman In Black. That should be interesting. I'm also keeping an eye out for any films Benny Cumberbatch has been in/will be in, since I've basically fallen in love with him recently *points at siggy *

Um, I'm struggling with my Scorpius/Lily story for GH, and I'm also revamping my Secret SPEW story. I also hope to write a bunch of LoveNotes for you lot

No one's taken Loulily, which is one of my OTPs at the moment (along with Katie/Leanne), but I don't think I'd be able to claim Lily Luna twice anyway.

But I do think it's an excellent challenge and one that has already produced some great stories I've had exams this month so I haven't had the time to read all the entries just yet, but I will get round to it. I have read Swans by Equinox Chick which was fab and Deathlex's Hestia/Selwyn story which was also an excellent read. I must read the others, though. Will be doing that on the weekend

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hmm. . . what am I writing?

I am currently attempting to work on one chaptered fic, post a one-shot, and finish a story I started a year ago. (I know it sounds like a short while ago but my writing has changed VERY much)

(Piano, right, Maple? )

Other movies:

Hmmmm. . . I really want to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It looks really bittersweet, and I like that kind of stuff. (Like dragging characters through hell and back, having a few die, marring any chances of a happy ending)

Great Hall Cotillion:

Oops. I forgot about that . . . I don't think I'm doing it.

Más questiones:

Who is sick of winter? Anyone?

What do you do in January (or winter) that you don't do in most other times?

Don't standardized tests stink?

/randomness

Ellie
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

Ellie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post

Hmmmm. . . I really want to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It looks really bittersweet, and I like that kind of stuff. (Like dragging characters through hell and back, having a few die, marring any chances of a happy ending)

Ugh don't talk to me about that. I LOVE that book--it made me cry at the end, and it's written so beautifully. However the trailer---it makes it look like they've turned it into a feel good film. And I was going to, in spite of this, try and keep an open mind, but then a friend saw it and said seeing it would just make me angry. What makes it worse, is that first lecture of new term next week is on it--well, that's not worse, I get to study a book I really enjoyed (even if it means I have to spend tomorrow morning searching the house high and low for it, as well as Wide Sargasso Sea, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, and Beloved) but I don't like films doing a bad job of books I care about.

Cloud Atlas- You have been warned.

However, as far as dragging characters through hell goes, I have two shorter stories I'm writing at the moment, one of which, is, according to Soraya, excellent (thank you ) but pretty dark, and the other, a character who was going to die, I can't kill off. Which is rather nice. And I've just got a title- from The Kinks' song Lola

As for the GH Cotillion- Ellie, although you have to submit/ send your story to Jess two weeks after claiming a pairing, the final, final deadline isn't until the end of February, so there's still time to enter if you want.

I will edit in with answers to your questions in the morning Ellie
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Ellie - piano is the instrument that I am focusing on in University, but I play about 15 instruments in total. I kind of collect instruments, like in the corner of my room, I have a recorder, a ukelele, a guitar, a clarinet, a fife, a violin, a penny whistle, a sax, and my flute (which is my baby, next to my piano). There's usually a trumpet there too, but it's my brothers I want a French horn next...or a trombone.

Nope. I love winter, and I kind of have to, seeing as we can get up to 6 months of it. Sometimes, we get snow in May. So basically, winter isn't even CLOSE to being over.

Skate, sled, basically any winter sport. And I spend a lot of time hiding from the -40 weather and playing piano.

I don't think I've ever taken them?

NEW TQs!!

What is your least favourite month of the year?

What is your favourite musical era? Favourite composer?
    (I can never resist the music questions...)
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Wow, Maple. I feel like an underachiever with just my violin.

Hmmm . . . probably February. All people talk about is Valentine's day, and it's the end of winter (where I live) so it feels like warm weather is so close, yet so far away. (But this year is odd: it's been quite warm (most of the time) but ugly because we only had one snow shower and it all melted)

Era . . . probably Romantic or Baroque. I really love some of Mozart's works, but I also love the harsher tones of Beethoven. My favorite overall has to be Bach, though. I love his partidas, his cello suites, and just the general straight-forward sound. But . . . I'm playing Kabolevsky and I find his Russian folk incorporation and arpeggios sound pretty sweet.

Alex: I had no idea the Cotillion lasted that long. I don't think I'll do it, though, because I have so much stuff I have to do. (Potter and RL wise)

Also . . . I just got Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close for my kindle!!! I hope it's good
    Last edited by iMusic17; 01-29-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Ellie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Quote Originally Posted by iMusic17 View Post
    I just got Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close for my kindle!!! I hope it's good
    It's excellent. I can count on one hand the number of books that made me cry, and that was one of them. THough I am kind of intrigued as to whether the part that made me cry would work on a kindle-it's at the end though, so won't say here.

March. It's this weird in between time and I don't like it. All the other months have something going for it, but March's something (the one pound book token for World Book Day) no longer applies now I'm an 'adult'. And yeah, Ellie, Valentine's Day is annoying. I don't know anyone who actually genuinely enjoys it, but to have so much rubbish about it thrown at you by ads and shop windows is horrible.

My knowledge of classical music is patchy, to say the least. There's pieces I know I like, but cannot remember where I heard them/ who wrote them. I like Mozart- Have any of you seen the film Amadeus? Although not apparently that historically accurate, it's a very, very good film. And Beethoven. Also my sister got a DAve Brubeck album for Christmas, as well as a load of CLint Mansell (he wrote the soundtracks to Moon (one of my favourite films), Black Swan, The Fountain and Requiem For A Dream) and so I've been listening to that a lot.

But from my music POV it would probably be sixties/ early seventies. Most of the older stuff I listen to is from around then, and the bands/ singers I like who are around today cite singers/ albums from that era as stuff that inspired them.

I'm sick of being cold. However if it snowed, then I would be very, very happy

Be cold. Over christmas, drink mulled wine, but that didn't happen this year.

Am not sure what these are...but exams aren't fun.

Let's be optimistic, in my new TQs:

What's your favourite time of year?

What music do you listen to to cheer you up? What books do you read?

Can't think of any others....and Jess has posted new SPEW-ly goodies so will take a look there
    Banner by Minna.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph

Nope. I actually like it. So yeah, it's freezing, but it's better than being all hot and sweaty, lol.

Umm, I don't know. Oh, I hate wearing a coat, but I know that if I don't wear one atm, my arms would probably fall off :P That's pretty much it.

I don't know what standardised tests are, but I'm with Alex. No exam is ever nice >.>

I have a few. Ramadan, which is currently in the summer, because it's just so peaceful for me, and it's definitely my favouritest time of year Both Eids, too, because it's when I can get together with my family and eat lots of lovely food And Christmas. I don't celebrate it, but the sales, especially on Boxing Day, are wonderful.

What music do you listen to to cheer you up? What books do you read?

Usually, I have what I like to refer to as a binge song -- as in, the song that I will put on my phone and blast at full volume and sing along to very loudly. So I just put my phone on repeat and let that binge song play over and over again until I get sick of it. That cheers me up

I haven't read an entire book for a while >.< I really should, but Great Expectations hasn't even got a look-in thanks to college applications.

August. It's, like, the stickiest month in the year for me, and it's the month before September, i.e. school >.>

I don't really know much about eras, but I do know that music from about 2000 to 2006 was great. S Club Seven's Reach For The Stars remains one of the most memorable songs for me, as does One Love by Bob Marley. Let's get together and feel all right!

Definitely February. Not because of Valentine's day, but because it's cold and because it's the one month in the year with absolutely no exams <.<

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.