Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Para Bailar La Babble, Se Necesita una Cuarenta y Cinco!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Lol, BP. I don't think I actually meant that to be a TQ ...

How is everyone?
    Tired, annoyed, tumbling, singing to Taylor Swift ... so it all evens out. Like Jess, average.

What are people writing at the moment? How's it going?
    Lots of stuff for Madam Alex. I just wrote a really weird fairytale-ish post-apocalyptic thing, and now I'm writing a James II/OC. 'Tis fun.

I need to get my butt in gear. QSQ and SPEW wise. :/

Ellie
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Hello fellow SPEWbies

Ellie: Hehe, I was singing along to Taylor Swift yesterday too . She's awesome, isn't she?

How is everyone?
    Word of advice: Never walk on an uneven road while wearing high-heels Especially not when you're talking on the phone and you're carrying two shopping bags and can't break your fall. I tripped and scraped my knee pretty badly, and now I can't walk properly. The worst thing is that I tore my favourite jeans when I fell . My cousin thinks I'm an idiot for worrying about my jeans when I can't walk without limping . Other than that I'm freaking out over my results (I'm pretty sure I'll get a B in Maths ), I'm worried about my med entrance tests, tired of memorizing stuff and exceedingly annoyed at my laptop for being as slow as a snail.

How are my fellow SPEWbies doing with their reviewy stuff?
    Good, I think. I'm done with one review and half done with the other.

I'm currently working on two things: a Next-Gen I'm writing along with Pooja (Ginny Weasley Potter) and my AU fic, The Hidden Truth. I have plans for an Al Potter/OC fic for Madam Alex and another Andromeda for for the GH Chaptered challenge. And I theenk I'll write an Al Potter or a James Potter (II) fic for the GH Mini-challenge

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Hmm, the babble has gone rather quiet. Where have you all vanished to?

How is everyone?
    Pretty good, thanks It's sunny, it's the summer holidays and things are going well. Like Nadia, though, I'm starting to worry about results. Mine are out slightly later than hers - the 16th - and are less important than hers - AS-level as opposed to A-level - but I really want to do well. I've sat all of A-level Maths this year, and, really, if I don't get an A or an A*, there's no point in me attempting to do Further Maths next year. I really want to carry on with maths because you get to do all sorts of awesome things like imaginary numbers, so my result is rather important. Pressure much?

How are my fellow SPEWbies doing with their reviewy stuff?
    My first two are up now, but I'm procrastinating somewhat on the third (sorry, Meg!) I could use my summer dreams/nightmares drabbles instead of it, but I'd like to make the most of my mentor while I have her.

I'm attempting something for the OC round of the triathlon, which is hard because I've never written a proper story about an OC. I'm getting there, I guess, but it's quite a steep learning curve. I've also written a silly little thing for Celestina's songbook this morning. I want to tweak it a little more, yet, but it's basically finished.

New TQ time, to see if we can get the babble going again.

Do you think it's sexist that the women are made to do all the pretty dance bits when it's sufficient for the men to just, you know, do actual gymnastics? (I'm in a feministy mood, as ever, and Jess mentioned the subject in her post a few days ago.)

Are you going to watch the closing ceremony tomorrow? (It is tomorrow, right? Eeep.)

Was anyone else horrified to find out that Fifty Shades of *insert-word-I-shouldn't-use-on-the-boards* was the best selling book of all time in the UK?
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    Do you think it's sexist that the women are made to do all the pretty dance bits when it's sufficient for the men to just, you know, do actual gymnastics? (I'm in a feministy mood, as ever, and Jess mentioned the subject in her post a few days ago.)
    Hmmm...yes and no? I mean, I'd say it's more sexist to any men who want to dance. I think that it is kind of sexist, but then again, it shows that women are more capable of doing more work. And making fools of themselves. But it just looks really bad. If it was good dancy bits then I don't think people would mind so much.

In short: I have no idea what to think.

Are you going to watch the closing ceremony tomorrow?
    It's tomorrow, yes, but I'm going to be travelling at the time so will not be able to watch it.

Was anyone else horrified to find out that Fifty Shades of *insert-word-I-shouldn't-use-on-the-boards* was the best selling book of all time in the UK?
    What!? I didn't know that! Yes, I am horrified. It started off as Twilight fanfiction. TWILIGHT FANFICTION!!! A WORK OF TWILIGHT FANFICTION BEAT HARRY POTTER!!! This is not acceptable. Draco's father will hear about this.

New TQ: On a similar note, what sort of stigma do you think this will give fanfiction?
    I have no idea, actually. It might be good, because it shows that with a little modification, fanfiction can be published, but also gives the idea that it's all, well, as Sophie put it, *unmentionable*.

You guys can probably tell I'm a bit mad at the moment...
    Last edited by BrokenPromise; 08-11-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Well, they don't really do a lot of dancy bits any more. They have a lOT of power. Plus, I don't really think their bodies can take much more of that hard stuff. Their bodies deteriorate enough as it is ...

Are you going to watch the closing ceremony tomorrow? (It is tomorrow, right? Eeep.)
    Probs. Now if only they would take RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS off the telly right now. >.< I love the BMX racing, though.

I have no words. Voldemort will hear about this. And this definitely gives a bad rep to fanfiction.

Ramdonmess:

If you were a fruit/vegetable, what would you be?
    Most hated Olympic sport?:
    Favorite founder that didn't found your house?
    If you weren't in [INSERT HOUSE HERE], what would you be in?
    Most recent bruise and how?
    (I tripped and my forehead slammed into a doorknob)

Oh, and you all passed the test. The Script > One Direction.
    my page

(The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Um, okay. My results are out in 7 hours. I'm hyperventilating now.

My reaction ------> EEK!! (with bigger eyes though; like the old eek emo in the old forums.)

I don't know. I'd probably be an orange or a cauliflower. I don't know why.

Gryffindor. For some reason I have a vision of that guy riding a white horse wearing a mail-coat with a Gryffindor shield and his sword. Makes him look really Narnia-like to me. *swoons*

If you weren't in Hufflepuff, what would you be in?
    Back in 2008 when I joined, I would have been a Ravenclaw. Now I'm sure I'd be a Slytherin.

Ellie: Ouch >.<
    Um... I don't have any recent bruises, but do cuts and scars count? I tripped and cut my knee lol.

New TQ:
    If you were making a Next Gen movie, who would you cast as a) Albus Potter, b) James Potter II, c) Scorpius Malfoy?
    Lol I'll answer this one myself. Albus=Skandar Keynes because I like to make Al suffer a bit and Skandar Keynes has that perfect angsty but hot look <3. James=Gaspard Ulliel and Scorpius=Jesse Spencer. He was once Alex Pettyfer but Pooja converted me somehow, lol.

Um, I'm hyperventilating again. I couldn't even work on my banner requests for the past two days because of this. >.< Pray for me, guys?

--Nadia

EDIT: Got 4 As I was expecting a B in Maths. Turned out I got 88 >.<

Best of luck, Sophie!

Chapter 12 up!

GinnyPotter

My reaction was the same as Nadia's. EEK!

Probably Orange and Corn.

Helga Hufflepuff. I've always thought of her as nice.

If you weren't in Ravenclaw, what would you be in?
    Probably Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.

Ouch Ellie. I don't have any right now.

Great Job, Nadia! Best of luck, Sophie!
    ~Nidhi

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    I think I’d be a rambutan: prickly, colourful skin, but sweet on the inside.

Most hated Olympic sport?
    Football. In England, we get so much coverage of football, and our team is terrible. I think that football is a great game to play and just have a kick-about with your mates, but the more professional it gets, the worse.

Salazar, but only because Helga and Godric are too noble for me.He’s cool.

If you weren't in Ravenclaw, what would you be in?
    No idea. I could be a Hufflepuff. I’m quite nice sometimes and I’m hard-working. Or I could be a Slytherin, because I am ambitious and goal-driven and I will not stop until I am the best.But not Gryffindor. Saving someone else’s skin over mine is never going to happen.

I was swimming underwater with my eyes closed. I reckon you guys can guess what happened next.

Nadia, I wish I could answer your TQ, but I don't really know enough actors. I may have to agree with you about Skandar Keynes though. Well done on your results by the way.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    ZOMG NADIA'S TQ!!!!!!!!

If you were making a Next Gen movie, who would you cast as a) Albus Potter, b) James Potter II, c) Scorpius Malfoy?
    A. Logan Lerman. (Seriously, guys? It's me. )

B. Hmm ... Gaspard Ulliel or Max Schneider.

C. Ryan Gosling or Alex Pettyfer.

New one: Rose Weasley I always saw her as Karen Gillan. For me Lily's a gray area. I really want to think she'd dye her hair literally red like Ariana Grande.

That's all I got.

Ellie
    my page

(The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Thank you guys for your congratulations And Sophie, your results are tomorrow, so best of luck!! *huggles*

LOL Ellie, glad you loved the TQ ^_^ And I think Ryan Gosling looks a bit like Draco too. *points at Ellie's banner*

New one: Rose Weasley
    Gotta agree with Ellie about Karen Gillan! She has that Hermione-ish hair too, lol.

Lily?

Definitely Molly Quinn. She even looks like the girl who played Lily in DH-epilogue!

Young Sirius, James I and Remus?

Sirius=Ben Barnes <3
    James=Sam Claflin (thanks a bunch, Soraya :P)
    Remus=William Moseley?

I have this huge crush on Skandar Keynes and Ben Barnes at the moment. They are both SO awesome! And I have developed this sudden craving for anything Narnia that I haven't felt in about... 4 years O.o. I guess you can figure by my choice of actors, lol.

Chapter 12 up!