Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Para Bailar La Babble, Se Necesita una Cuarenta y Cinco!

GinnyPotter
    Summer: Gymnastics or swimming. (though I'm completely grring at the Men's gymnastics' team)
    Winter: figure skating or bobsledding. (Have you lot seen Cool Runnings?)
    Me too

Peeta or Gale?
    Peeta. I've never liked Gale.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Have you lot seen Cool Runnings?
    YES! Wow, blast from the past! I used to LOVE that film

Who's your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend (not just in Potterverse)?
    Man. That's hard. I'll have to follow everyone else and say Peeta. Failing him... perhaps Henry Tilney from Northanger Abbey? Maybe Robbie from Atonement... I could probably go on for a while...

What is your favourite summer Olympic sport? Winter?
    Rhythmic Gymnastics. And I don't think I've ever watched the Winter olympics. Maybe I'll have to say the Bobsleigh team just because of Cool Runnings.

Are you watching the Olympics?
    On and off, yes. The rest of my family are a bit addicted to it. But we do have tickets to see the Hockey next week, so might be pretty cool!

What is your go to genre for reviewing lately?
    Anything poignant, more often Post-Hogwarts than anything else. It's really not like me - I'm usually all about the humour and happy ones!!

Most fun thing you've done this summer?
    I instantly can't remember anything I've done now... Would it be really sad to say seeing The Dark Knight Rises? But it was so awesome!

Favorite place you've ever been?
    Jamaica

Peeta or Gale?
    I think it's Peeta, but each time I read the Hunger Games I like Gale more and more. My heart breaks for him at the end... I probably shouldn't elaborate due to spoilers!

Would you rather spend 24 hours with a basilisk or Pansy?
    Oh. My. Gosh. This is... I don't even know. I suppose I could punch Pansy but if I punched the Basilisk it would mean I'd have to look at it, so I'd probably die. So I might tentatively say Pansy? But that would be SO AWFUL!

What is the most recent book you read?
    Most recent fic?
    Do you have any HP-related plans for this summer?

FABULOUS banner by Pooja!

"The true poem is in the poet's mind"

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    I'm still in shock over the Opening Ceremony, lol. The Voldemort part was pretty awesome. And it's really funny that there are "He's back! Voldemort's back! At the Olympics!" pages all over facebook, hehe.

I really, really don't know. There are so many cute and awesome people out there I just can't choose, lol. I absolutely adored Mr Darcy, but you guys took him away . In Potterverse, though, definitely George Weasley .

Honestly, I'm a bit too busy to watch TV at the moment, so no. My dad was watching the weightlifting one yesterday so I kinda got a glimpse of that, though.

Dark/Angsty or Next Gen. These are the two genres I love and they are mainly what I read, so I guess I like to review them the most.

Nothing so far. I'm going on a vacation after Ramadan's over, though Three guesses where I'm going, Soraya :P

Abroad: Singapore
    Inside my country: Sylhet.

Peeta or Gale?
    I think Gale. He's kinda cuter than Peeta :P. And I felt really, really bad for him in the end

Not the basilisk, it'd kill me. I'll pick Pansy because I can just stun her and then do whatever I want.

I was re-reading Deathly Hallows this morning.

Most recent fic?
    Breathe. by Ellie

write more fanfics and make banners and perhaps re-read a could of books. I really wanted to go buy a wand, though

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    First, <333 Nadia. (not only for her jaw-dropping banner)

And ZOMG COOL RUNNINGS!!! That film (much like Stick It and She's the Man) never gets old. Never. I love it. I found it at the library a lONG time ago ... needless to say I've checked it out every single time since.

Now, to make this a little less spammy ...

'Till We Have Faces by Lewis (drawing a blank but he wrote Narnia).

Most recent fic?
    The Albus/Rose by Soraya. (SPEW review in the process)

Erm ... no? Besides from reading and writing fanfiction, lol.

Can I answer my own TQ's? (Ah, well. I shall anyways.)

D/A. Again. And romance. There's just so much to talk about, especially with certain pairings ...

Probably running camp. I'm pretty sure everyone thought we were literally insane. (not just for the running bit, either.)

I've never been abroad, but I've been a lot of places in the U.S. And I would probably say the Rocky Mountains. They're just so beautiful.

Peeta or Gale?
    (see siggy). Gale. (Katniss can take Peeta.) I did feel bad for him, in all of the books. He was just ... there for Katniss, and had to sit by and watch her practically jump another guy. Even when he knew he lost, he didn't abandon her.

Probably the basilisk. I just wouldn't be able to handle Pansy, lol. I'd probably end up forgetting that I was magical and punching her or something. At least if I killed a basilisk it would be warranted.

Who likes Narnia? Favorite character?
    Favorite THG character? Least? Favorite/least favorite ship?
    Potterverse favorite/least favorite ship?

Ellie
    Last edited by iMusic17; 08-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    <3<3<3 Ellie! I'm glad you liked the banner, luv, I was really happy with how it turned out . The reason I used that picture for Scorpius was because he actually kinda looks like Draco here .

I absolutely LOVE Narnia. When the trailer for The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe came out I actually thought it was Harry Potter because of the train . And even afterwards I thought Aslan was the Gryffindor lion and everything scarlet and gold was Gryffindor, lol. For a while I started imagining the Harry Potter and Narnia were in the same universe and I had so many crossover ideas. Sigh... those were the days . Anyway, my fave character is Aslan (and movie!Caspian, he was SO cute :3)

Hmm... would it be odd to hear I actually never read the book/saw the movie? *cowers at angry yells and shocked faces*. Well, in my defence it came out during my exams! And I'm usually the last one to see a particular movie out of all my friends. But I promised myself that I'll see it this weekend. I'll come back and answer this once I've seen it. And if you're wondering how I know what happens to Gale in the end... I googled it and read the plot line :P. I love spoiling a book/movie for myself. I even opened the epilogue of DH before the first chapter just to see if Harry was alive or not.

favourite ship: Rose/Scorpius
    least favourite: there are quite a lot, actually - Hermione/Snape, Harry/Snape and Harry/Draco. These are the ships that I find the most hard to believe.

--Nadia

Chapter 12 up!

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia
    I'm still in shock over the Opening Ceremony, lol. The Voldemort part was pretty awesome. And it's really funny that there are "He's back! Voldemort's back! At the Olympics!" pages all over facebook, hehe.
    LOL. I think Jamie said something like "Jesus, Potter. You had one job" which just made me laugh so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia
    Nothing so far. I'm going on a vacation after Ramadan's over, though Three guesses where I'm going, Soraya :P
    Oooh, are you going to Sylhet? Or England?

SYNCHRONISED DIVING. ZOMG that sport is so cool. Seriously.

Umm, I watched synchronised diving, and the cycling today (squeeeeee to Wiggo winning gold ), but I'm not really keeping up with it. My sister had free VIP tickets yesterday, and she watched the hockey and basketball and stuff, and my brother had a free ticket with his school to watch the women's football. I'm keeping up with it, kind of; I just cba to actually watch them, lol.

Louis Weasley. Or the OF version of him (who is basically the Potterised version, just without the magic, lol). Whyyyy did you have to take Sherlock, Meg? Although if Alex were here, she would fight you for him, jsyk. I will, however, take Casey Affleck, who is my imaginary boyfriend despite the fact that he's married with kids, lol.

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid. Such a clever book, but not pretentious or anything.

Most recent fic?

Eeeeep, I don't think I can remember. D:

Nope, haha. Apart from QSQ judging...

Favourites: Louis/Lily, Albus/Rose, James/Remus, James/Sirius and Scorpius/Rose are my top fives atm. I can't possibly decide between them, lol.

Least favourites: Snanyone, Dramione and Drinny. But most things I can handle I even like the odd Drarry, as long as it's well-written.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena
    Bore da! (Man, I hope I spelt that right!)
    Perfect spelling, but unfortunately you seem to have posted at 11pm when bore da means good morning Try noswaith da or nos da in the evening, or prynhawn da in the afternoon. Alternately, shwmae works at any time of day. It's roughly equivalent to saying "Alright?" in greeting. Um, yeah. Welsh lesson over...

I love the gymnastics - mens or womens - in the summer Olympics, but I've never really watched the winter Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Soraya
    SYNCHRONISED DIVING. ZOMG that sport is so cool. Seriously
    And, even better Tom Daley is involved

Yes, on and off. My family are watching the cycling in the background right now. I feel like I should, really, when it's in my country.

In the Potterverse, it would be Neville, as long as he lives up to the standards set by Jamie If he doesn't, my reserve would be Remus. Outside of the Potterverse, I would have to say Mitchel from Being Human, even if he might end up eating me. Sorry, Soraya, but you'll just have to be contented with Casey.

Rather predictably, my favourite ship is James/Lily, closely followed by Remus/Tonks and, at the moment, Neville/Draco. Yes, Jamie is entirely to blame for that one. My least favourite is Dramione. I also loathe Drinny and Snape/anyone-except-unrequited-Lily, but Dramione wins out as my least favourite because it is so unreasonably popular in fanfiction.

Peeta or Gale?
    Is it really bad that I still haven't read The Hunger Games? I've been meaning to for ages, but...

Some random new TQs...
    If you could make one canon pairing non-canon, which would you choose?
    Which Olympic sport would you most like to try (and be good at)?
    Would you rather be stuck in a room with Moaning Myrtle or Aunt Muriel?

~Sophie
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Soraya: Yep, I'm going to Sylhet

Sophie:
    Is it really bad that I still haven't read The Hunger Games? I've been meaning to for ages, but...
    Ahaha, lol. *hi-fives*.

Haha I'm on a bannering spree at the moment. XD And my A level results come out on the 13th. That's like... OMG THAT'S LIKE ABOUT A WEEK AWAY! *hyperventilates*

*takes deep breath*

*calms self down*

okay.

If you could make one canon pairing non-canon, which would you choose?

Neville/Luna, probably. I love both of them and in my headcanon they're together.
    EDIT: Oh, CANON pairing NON-CANNON. My bad. . In that case... Luna/Rolf, for the aforementioned reason

I'd love to try the pole-vault, it looks really interesting. But then again, I'd probably fall flat on my back and end up impaling myself . What I'd be good at... I don't know, I'm not really good at sports :S

Moaning Myrtle, seriously. I'd be nice to her and talk to her politely and sweetly and make her my friend. I hate people like Muriel. Ugh.

--Nadia

Chapter 12 up!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Impersonating the Bloody Baron
    So I left for a week to go on a music course, and I come back and the first thing I do is answer a ton of TQs. Not that I mind. I'm just sure there are better (less interesting) things I could be doing.

If you want the full length ramble on this in the Potterverse, check my duelling thread. Actually, don’t. At the moment, Quirrell before he goes bad, although in my headcanon he’s kind of taken. I don't do much fandom stuff outside the potterverse, but I wouldn't say no to High Lord Akkarin from Trudi Canavan's The Black Magician Trilogy.

The swimming, the diving and the gymnastics is cool. The rowing’s pretty intense too.
    And Cool Runnings! OMG.

It’s obligatory for Brits, surely... Although I actually missed the swimming final last night catching up on what I missed online.

Poetry. We learnt how to (over-)analyse poetry in English, so I know I can so it decently-ish. And I can sort of write it, which helps when you’re reviewing.

Ready for some more Ellie randomness?
    When am I ever not?

JAPAN! It is amazing there. The culture is so intergrated between new and old and it’s so amazing. And I love umeshu. And rainbow bridge. And Nintendo. And Pokemon. And deer. And Shinto is a pretty interesting religion. They have mountains and beaches too. I love Japan.
    Peeta or Gale?
    Regrettably, I am also still to read the Hunger Games. However, for the sake of an answer, I choose the one that didn’t steal Snape’s line.

Pansy. I’d never be able to look the basilisk in the eye again if I spent it with them. Besides, I’m sure she’s not evil.

Umm…I don’t know. I think it was one of Jeffery Archer’s short story collections.

Most recent fic?
    I read quite a bit of poetry to review for the review drive. actual full length? Probably proofreading my own.

Does preventing my brother from making more wands count, because if I don’t do that, the we are going to drown in them… :P

I loved Narnia, before I found out that The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was based on the Bible. My favourite character is probably Uncle Andrew from the Magician’s Nephew, or maybe Diggory. Uncle Andrew is so mad and a bit evil as well, I guess. Diggory is understanding in L,W&W, but he’s a bit of a goody goody in Magician’s Nephew. Mr Tumnus is cool, but he’s a little bit like Dobby is in the Potterverse and Dobby annoys me. Jadis is ice-cold too, and I like her for it. I’m definitely most like Susan out of the characters I can remember. But I totally agree with Nadia about Ben Barnes. *faints*

Again, not applicable, I’m afraid

Potterverse favorite/least favorite ship? If you could make one canon pairing non-canon, which would you choose?
    Current favourites: Snupin, Lucius/Narcissa. I also have a kind of odd headcanon revolving around Trelawney/Quirell which I am growing rather fond of.
    Least favourite: Hmmm… Dunno. I can accept most stuff. I have my problems with Harry/Ginny and Romione, because of my ‘childhood sweerthearts does not often happen’ theory, along with the best friends turned lovers and I’m going to be my best friends’ in-law things. I think that I would have Harry and Ginny marry different people out of all the ships I can think of, and trust me, there’s a lot. I think Romione’s kind of sweet. Really though, I don’t think I would change canon. I can live with it not being realistic. It is a fantasy book after all.

Gymnastics. I always wanted to do gymnastics when I was younger. Besides it looks like an adult version of monkeybars.

I have a soft spot for Myrtle, so her. Muriel would have interesting stories to tell too, I’m sure, but Myrtle and I would get along pretty well.

I feel that I'm struggling to crack down and get my reviews up to good, SPEW-worthy standards, but other than that, I'm good. I got some writing done today, which was good, just not enough. So:
    How is everyone?
    How are my fellow SPEWbies doing with their reviewy stuff?
    What are people writing at the moment? How's it going?
    Last edited by BrokenPromise; 08-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Sorry I have been lurky, my lovely SPEWers, but gah! QSQs are so much work to get booted up. However, now that the ship is on the water, the sailing will hopefully be smoother.

Oliver Wood. He's just my type.

I have never really cared for the summer Olympics because the sports I want to watch are never on TV. I don't mind beach volleyball. It helps when your country is represented by the epic Walsh/May-Treanor duo. Wow, they can play. I rather like men's gymnastics, but not the women's. The little twirly hand gestures and stuff just...irritate me. These girls are athletes, not decorations.

No. I have no TV reception.

Mostly rarepair stuff. It's been my passion for quite some time.

Ready for some more Ellie randomness?
    Deep breath: check. Bag of popcorn: check. Helmet: check.

I love a number of places for different reasons. I love Philadelphia because I feel a kinship with the citizens. I was told that I truly do fit in there. And I love their sports teams. I love NYC because of the staggering number of amazing things that people walk by every day. It's also a hubbub of interesting people. I love San Francisco because of the good weather and excellent company.

Peeta or Gale?
    Peeta all the way. Gale and Katniss are too much alike. They would eventually bring each other low. Katniss truly found herself when she realised that Peeta was right: don't let the Games change who you are and don't be their puppet. Peeta, though, made her want to be a better person, and she did become a better person for knowing him.

Pansy. Basilisks are snakes. I don't like snakes. And I think Pansy is misunderstood and caricaturised as a villain. No one is the sum of who they were as a teenager. She gave Harry up because she was scared and it seemed logical to exchange one person for hundreds. It took a lot of bravery for her to even say it out loud, to be honest. That was one of the reasons why I liked writing her, to redeem her a bit.

The Hunger Games. :P

Most recent fic?
    Aside from QSQ reading? Aside from modding? Aside from challenge judging? Merlin, I don't know. >.<

I have already met up with Carole/Equinox Chick and Lea/muggle girl marauder. That was incredible, and a bit surreal. We were all on our laptops, MNFFing. It was gorgeous. Otherwise, not really.

Peeta is my favourite character. I think his innate goodness in the face of the situation and his own mother's cruelty is incredible, and just by being himself, he does what no one else could do: he reached Katniss on a deep level. As for least favourite, I will go with Glimmer. Her bubble-headedness just irked me. Ships I like: Katniss/Peeta, Gale/Peeta, Gale/Johanna, Cato/Clove, Haymitch/Effie (you know they're totally doing it), and I do admit that the idea of Cinna/Katniss is intriguing, for which I thank Maple. Ships I don't like: Katniss/Gale, Katniss/Haymitch (why does that even exist), and most of the random things I can think of are just too o.O to think about.

Potterverse favorite/least favorite ship? If you could make one canon pairing non-canon, which would you choose?
    I love a great many ships and dislike a fair few, but my favourite will have to be Oliver/Katie, and my least Snanyone. As for un-canoning a ship, I would have to go with Harry/Ginny. They are just so dry and boring. Ugh. I dislike the ship for many of the same reasons BP does, really.

Well, as I did sports in school, I have tried a fair few. I've done discus, shot put, volleyball, and hockey (winter). I have never been, unfortunately, any good at them. However, I would dearly love to be a good runner. That means I would be thin and could lurk the sales racks with nothing but Small sized clothing.

Muriel. At least I know she would eventually get tired and fall asleep. Or die. Whatever. Myrtle hurts my brain.

How is everyone?
    Tired, up to my eyeballs in QSQs, and trying to remember what I was supposed to be doing. All in all, average.

What are people writing at the moment? How's it going?
    I am writing a one-shot about Miles Bletchley and Adrian Pucey. It has been fighting me for months. It is not going well, but it is almost done. Thank Merlin. >.<
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.