Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Para Bailar La Babble, Se Necesita una Cuarenta y Cinco!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    WELCOME SOPHIE!!
    Hi, I'm Nidhi! I am an Aussie of Indian origin! I like Next-Gen(you've probably guessed that by now), Post-Hogwarts, Harry/Ginny, Teddy/Victoire, a ship I invented JSP/Alice Longbottom ll. And… because of Soraya, LouLily.
    Could you ever be a death eater?
    No. I care about people. Anyway, my wit would be more useful in the OoTP.
    About the chocolate thing: NO!! I'D DIE!!
    That's two of us, Nadia! Glad I have a fellow chocolate lover! Wonderful Job on Sophie's banner
    Its lovely
    ~Nidhi
    [
    Amazing Avvie by Nadia and Beautiful Banner by BP!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Snape Hates Me
    Aaaaahhhhhh! I am so happy to be here Thank you for the welcome messages, Soraya and Nidhi. I haven't got long, but I'll introduce myself briefly.

I'm Sophie, a seventeen-year-old Welsh girl. I speak a little Welsh (shwmae, pawb!) but I don't have an accent. I love music, and play oboe, cor anglais and piano. I also sing a bit (choral stuff mainly) and am attempting to learn the accordion. As well as being a total classical music geek, I am a maths geek and (evidently) a Harry Potter geek. I wouldn't have it any other way! Most of the year is spent studying for A-levels, but thankfully it's the summer holidays right now, so I have plenty of time to read, write, beta, draw and do whatever else I fancy. Oh, and High School Musical makes me want to rip my ears off, but I love Soraya anyway

Oh, and before I forget, I absolutely love my new banner, so thank you very much, Nadia! You are insanely talented

A couple of TQs and then I really will have to go.

One HP character you can't stand?
    Like Nadia, there is no character that I hate more than Umbridge. She is just pure evil, with no apparent reason to be so. She doesn't believe in all of the pure blood supremacy stuff enough to join the Death Eaters. She just joins in during the second war because she seems to like making people's lives a misery.

What job would you want in the Wizarding World?
    I would so love to work at Hogwarts, even if I was just the Squib caretaker! It's the place that I would most want to visit. Plus I think I would kind of like to teach anyway...

What stance do you think you would've taken in the First Wizarding War: Order of the Pheonix, Death Eater or neutral? What about the Second? Be totally honest.
    Well, I wasn't born during the first one and I was a toddler when the second one ended. Ignoring that, I would never, ever have supported the Death Eaters, but equally I don't know if I would have had the courage to join the Order. I would have supported their cause all the way, but I think I would have been much more likely to help covertly from the sidelines.

That'll have to be all for now, but it is soooo lovely to be here!

~Sophie
    Avvie by majestic_ginny/Nadia. Banner by clabbert2102/Bella. Thank you both!

I write, I drabble, duel, beta and draw,
    I am a Hufflepuff to the core!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I go away for a little bit, and look what happens! I was going to answer all the TQs I missed, but it would actually make about a 5000 word post, soooo no.

Anywho, for all our new SPEW members: welcome! My name is Maple. I’m nineteen. Basically, all there is to know about me is that I am a music student studying classical piano (and teaching myself instruments as I go along – as of right now, it it’s in a concert band and doesn’t have a double reed or isn’t a trombone or tuba, I’ve learned it. Plus assorted strings.) I also sing in choir. That’s really about it. I write a lot about Lily Luna Potter.

So, if any of you new kids don’t know, we just finished SPEW007, and I know that Ellie and Soraya would really love some reviews on their SPEW007 stories *hint hint*

Okay, I’m done.

Rita. Skeeter.

Favorite wrock song?
    I don’t listen to wrock, but I think Lumos Flies is cute.

Curse breaker or Unspeakable.

Favourite subject (RL and HP)? Least favourite?
    RL: Favourite: Music history, choir (and when I wasn’t in uni, I loved math, but I couldn’t take it in uni D: ) Least favourite: piano (sooo stressful), French lab
    HP: Favourite: I can’t choose D:

What character's head do you really want to get inside?
    Snape and Dumbledore. Both are insanely complex characters.

Favorite Neville/something ship?
    Well, Jamie makes Neville so freaking attractive that I’ll have to go with Neville/Maple

The Script or One Direction?
    I only know one song by The Script, but it is five thousand million to the power of eighty times better than One Direction, who makes me want to stab my ears out. Ironically, though, I love Glad You Came by The Wanted.

Which Weasleys Wizard Wheezes product would you like to have the most?
    Love potions Just joking. I really don’t know, something exciting!
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    What's With Mars?
    SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made it!!! *giga-squish* You guys do realise that the total of SPEWers (teh Queen included) is now 13… Not that I’m triskadekaphobic or anything… O.o

Like Nadia, I am mad, and am therefore answering a mountain of TQs:

An apprenticeship at Ollivander’s would be my life ambition. However, I’d settle for Healer.

RL favourite: Maths, although Music, German, Physics and Chemistry come pretty close afterwards, in no particular order.
    RL least favourite: Biology, as I don’t have to study geography anymore… Although if I’m allowed to say sport, I will.
    HP favourite: probably Charms or Transfiguration. Potions would be fun too. And I so want to take Astronomy, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes…
    HP least favourite: Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. I reckon I would just be terrible at them…

What stance do you think you would've taken in the First Wizarding War: Order of the Pheonix, Death Eater or neutral? What about the Second? Be totally honest.
    As with a lot of you, it seems, I would not have been born for the First, and again, I would be a mere foetus for the second. However, that aside, I would probably appear to stay neutral, but I hope to think that I would discreetly help the Order. However, I’m a coward. I would’ve totally Zach Smithed for the Battle of Hogwarts though. I wouldn’t be able to fight – I’m a pacifist and a coward.

Could you ever be a Death Eater?
    I think so. As I said above, I’m a bit of a coward. I might join under immense pressure. That said, I might not get the Mark or actually kill anyone – I’m too much of a wimp.

Umbridge? I think that would be incredibly warped and therefore interesting. Then I could find out why she is how she is and prove my ‘Umbridge is redeemable’ theory.

I don’t read much Neville-related stuff actually. Fenella(silverlining’s banner makes me want to ship Ginny/Neville (even though it’s not about that), and I like both Neville/Luna and Neville/Hannah, although both slightly annoy me along the lines of my ‘real people don’t marry people they met at secondary school very often’ theory. However, if JKR proclaims it so, it is so. I want to think that Neville and Luna do get together though, sometime between the battle and his teaching post and marriage.

Helga/Salazar or Rowena/Salazar?
    Am I allowed to say Godric? Carole completely convinced me with Shadows Deep. Rowena is more than a match for Salazar, with her wit and his cunning, so I think that Helga and Salazar are much more compatible.

The Script by miles. 1D annoy the hell out of me. Besides, the Script songs are so much calmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple
    Ironically, though, I love Glad You Came by The Wanted.
    This amuses me. I'm more a fan of the parody "I'm Glad I'm Lame"

Who do you hate more: Voldemort or Bellatrix?
    Why do you ask this question!? I don’t hate them…. How can I answer. Bellatrix is fascinating and I like Tom Riddle…
    Voldemort, as long as this doesn’t mean the same as Tom, in which case, Bellatrix.

What do you think is your favourite HP sweet?
    Possibly chocolate frogs. They’re chocolate, complete with trading cards. ‘Nuff said.
    Bertie Bott’s would be amazing though. Imagine the party games you could do with those…

I don’t want Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, although it’s pretty cool. I do want fake wands. They would be so funny. The invisible hat things would be cool too. I don’t need a Skiving Snackbox though; I really like school.

Lol this is a long post. I wish I could get my reviews this long.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Yay Sophie! Congrats on joining the SPEW, hun. And I'm glad you liked the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BP
    Not that I’m triskadekaphobic or anything… O.o
    Haha, lol. I get kinda worried when I see the number 13 . Not like I'm scared of it or anything, its just one of those moments when you think "Oh God, here's one of those silly superstitions that I shouldn't be believing it but I can't help it because I'm frightened of anything that comes up in Horror movies and the like." I'm scared of looking at the bathroom mirror/looking out of the window after 12am O.o

I shouldn't ask TQs that I can't answer myself. >.< I think I hate Bellatrix more, though. She's insane, and that makes her even more scary. I do like Tom Riddle, kind of.

Chocolate frogs all the way . Although I'd love to get my hands on everything in Honedukes. I'd really like some sugar quills, though; the back of my pen doesn't taste that well.

I think I want a pygmy puff, but my cats would eat it up :/ ... Love Potions would be fun to prank people with, though .

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesome banner by Bella/clabbert2101!

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    If all the characters from the series were going to die, and you could save only one, which would it be?

Does Louis count? If so, I would save him. And if not, Remus or James

Favorite Summer Show?
    Ooh. Um, I'm not sure. Before Ramadan started, I was watching the Mentalist and Being Human all over again, and I'll probably get back to that once Ramadan's over. Oh, and everyone seems to be going on about Game of Thrones, so I might *try* the first ep and see if I like it. I kind of doubt I will, though, lol.

Umbridge. Definitely her. She's vile and evil and just too sick. She's like, sugar-coated cockroaches. I think that if she died sometime, I'll find a way to bring her back just s that I can kill her myself. Arrgh. /Nadia

Oh, and my version of Rose is so horrible, haha.

Favorite wrock song?
    I actually didn't know what wrock was until I Googled it, lol. Sounds cool, though

One food you cannot live without?
    Chicken. I hate chocolate, which I'm sure would shock most of you :P

Stuck in a room with Voldemort or Lockhart: take your pick.
    Lockhart, obviously. Voldemort would kill me, ha. At least with Lockhart I can just punch him in the face and he'll be unconscious for a few hours.

Would you rather kill Lockhart or Draco Malfoy?
    Probably Draco because Lockhart's too good-looking to kill.

Oooh, I'd love to be an Auror. But I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, so I would probably be better in the Wizengamot or in another part of the Law Enforcement Office.

RL favourite: It's a tossup between English, Maths and History.
    RL least fave: Science. All of it, except physics. Ewww.
    HP fave: Transfiguration or Arithmancy (because that involves Maths )
    HP least fave: Astronomy, because I would be terrible at things to do with planets, lol. (Up until recently, I thought the sun was a planet. *headdesk*)

I'd be neutral. I'm far too much of a coward

I don't think so.

Remus. Or Teddy.

Neville/Harry and Neville/Draco -- I blame Jamie for this. Well, actually, I blame Jamie for a lot of things, ha.

Helga/Salzar or Rowena/Salazar?
    Neither. I'm a Rowelga shipper all the way

I haven't listened to the Script before, but they've got to be better than One Dinfection.

Bellatrix is fascinating -- she's more complex and relatable than Voldemort imo. So I think I hate Voldemort more.

Um, I don't really eat sweets/chocolates. But Chocolate Frogs sound fun

Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder or Decoy Detonators -- both sound very useful!
    Last edited by babewithbrains; 07-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Cor blimey! I left for one week, and it's like everything on the entire internet has changed!

Hello and welcome Sophie!! I'm Helena, I'm 19 (20 in August... don't know how that happened). I'm at Uni, studying English Literature. My life revolves around reading, writing, studying, and occasionally venturing into the outside world to do ballet. And I'm half-Welsh! I see that you're fully Welsh, so I hope you'll accept my attempt to welcome you in the language - Bore da! (Man, I hope I spelt that right!)

I'll do a quick breeze through of this mountainous list of questions!

No

Bellatrix's. Is she really in love with Volders? Is she really that mad?

Hmmm... I don't think I've thought of this before... Probably Neville/Luna

I think Helga/Salazar because she strikes me as more level-headed and could probably (maybe) calm him a little. That is, of course, if they were in a proper relationship or whatever.

Does this need to be asked? NEVER One Direction! Always whatever they're up against! So, The Script, yes.

Voldemort has no concept of love or loyalty, which Bellatrix does - if in a warped sense. Therefore he is the one I can never have any sympathy with ever, and must be the one I hate more.

Chocolate Frogs do sound 100% awesome, but I think Sugar Quills would be brilliant for boring lectures.

Do the pygmy puffs count? I really want one!! I'd call it Ferdinand, and it would be legendary.

FABULOUS banner by Pooja!

"The true poem is in the poet's mind"

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I'm taking a break from my review (which I'm not procrastinating) and which is going at about a sentence an hour.

Hi, I'm Meg. I'm 16 years old and American. I dance ballet, and I'm a huge math geek. I typically have a project or something going, so I'm usually in a hurry (or I'm procrastinating). I enjoy reading, math, sewing, ballet, and sleeping. Oh, and because I know Jess thinks it's cool , my dad and I built a tardis last year.
    Picture of Tardis

One food you cannot live without?
    Pizza

Stuck in a room with Voldemort or Lockhart: take your pick.
    Voldemort, assuming that he didn't have his wand. Unlike Lockheart, he'd probably be useful in helping me get out of the stupid room.

Unspeakable. I like to learn things, and it seems like interactions with other people would be pretty minimal.

Favorite in Real Life: Math
    Least Favorite in Real Life: I honestly don't have one. However, I can dislike most classes if I have an incompetent teacher.
    In Potterverse: No idea

What stance do you think you would've taken in the First Wizarding War: Order of the Pheonix, Death Eater or neutral? What about the Second?
    In both wars, I wouldn't have joined either the OotP or the Death Eaters. I dislike being told what to do, which seems to apply to both organizations. I wouldn't have joined the order because I find self-righteous people irritating, as a general rule. And, I wouldn't have joined the Death Eaters for reasons in the next question. I think I would have stayed overtly neutral (assuming I wasn't under threat) and have done my own thing (made the lives of the people I disliked a little bit harder in my own fashion).

No. I'm far to proud. I wouldn't be able to treat Voldemort with the deference he demanded. I also don't follow orders without questioning them very well.

Rowena/Salazar

Bellatrix. At least Voldemort is independent and really, really smart.

New TQ: Who's your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend (not just in Potterverse)?
    I already call Mr. Darcy and Sherlock Holmes (Haha Soraya)!

-Meg
    Last edited by MissMeg; 07-31-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Who's your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend (not just in Potterverse)?

NO YOU TOOK DARCY!!!

So I claim Mr Peeta Mellark.

And to unspam this:

What is your favourite summer Olympic sport? Winter?

Are you watching the Olympics?

What is your go to genre for reviewing lately?
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Can't Everyone Talk to Snakes?
    Oh, wow. Typical snake-y me; I did not even tell you who I am. All right. Let's see if I can do this without sounding like a crazy person.

I'm Ellie, a young'un at age fourteen, and I am an American. I have been playing the violin for ten years (eep), and am finally getting somewhere with my b .... hellhole of a piece that I have been angsting about all summer. Erm, apart from solo work, I'm in orcherstra, and am also a runner. (High school Cross Country, here I come!) I act, sing and used to dance, and (though I am trying to retire) I'm also a math geek. I could live off of Dr. Pepper, guacamole, vanilla frosting, and grilled cheese (healthy, I know) and I have three older sisters. AND I PROCRASTINATE. A LOT.

Hmmm .... what else? I have a rather short attention span, mix up my left and right, and if we ever meet in real life, if you mess with my organization (especially my markers) you should fear for your life.

I think I'm done scaring people now, Jess.

Who's your fictional boyfriend/girlfriend (not just in Potterverse)?

I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT WITH MAPLE. :P

I'll take Mr. Gale Hawthorne, though, and some Percy Jackson. (in Potterverse, Albus Severus)

What is your favourite summer Olympic sport? Winter?
    Summer: Gymnastics or swimming. (though I'm completely grring at the Men's gymnastics' team)
    Winter: figure skating or bobsledding. (Have you lot seen Cool Runnings?)

Are you watching the Olympics?
    Every day. But with the stupid time difference I usually know the results before I see the events.

What is your go to genre for reviewing lately?
    Probably same-sex. I have no clue why.

Ready for some more Ellie randomness?

Most fun thing you've done this summer?
    Favorite place you've ever been?
    Peeta or Gale?
    Would you rather spend 24 hours with a basilisk or Pansy?

Ellie
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie