Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Para Bailar La Babble, Se Necesita una Cuarenta y Cinco!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Decaf PG Tips (very milky, no sugar) or green/peppermint tea (with honey) for me!
    Student * Wannabe Author * IB Survivor * Ravenclaw

Also known as Ithinkrabis2people - nothing like a crackpot theory that doesn't work out

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Speaking of tea, I actually had some today! This is sort of an occasion lol because, living in America, we only drink sweet and iced tea, which I despise. Today, though was my sister's eighth birthday and she had a tea party. I had some lovely raspberry tea and also some English breakfast tea. My grandmother laughed at me when I put milk in it. Just so I can make everyone jealous I also had petit fours and eclaires

Anyway I will now retreat back to sunny Florida where I'll be until Monday. The World of Harry Potter is amazing IMHO, so definitely take the time to do that if you're ever down here. I'm typing this on my iPod and my grandmother thinks I'm on some skanky website, so yeah...bye.

Lily
    Lily Writes ♥ piningwillow Blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence Tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Today, though was my sister's eighth birthday and she had a tea party.
    It was my cousin's sixth birthday party today! We played pass the parcel, musical statues and did a kareoke... and there were fireworks It was fun.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Hi. I'm Ellie *grins nervously*

It seems so long ago my sisters and I were having tea parties and stuff. I'm the youngest of four, and we're not the most girly people. I seem to remember instead of playing family and stuff with our little animal figures we would make them do war. We did have tea parties, though, but some didn't end that great.

It's so weird, it seems like that was so long ago.

We always cut down our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, and it seems so weird because we've been doing it for so long. My second oldest sister (but my oldest sister has Down Syndrome) is going to be a Senior in high school next year, and we only are going to do it for one more year.
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Ellliiiieeeeeeeeee!!!

Yeah, the last tea party I had was a long time ago before today. Also your oldest sister has down syndrome? I was never informed of this and my youngest sister also has down syndrome!! I'm wearing my buddy walk shirt right now lol.

Lily

Time Traveler Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Ellliiiieeeeeeeeee!!!

Yeah, the last tea party I had was a long time ago before today. Also your oldest sister has down syndrome? I was never informed of this and my youngest sister also has down syndrome!! I'm wearing my buddy walk shirt right now lol.

Lily
    Yeah. She's awesome, and just happens to be my roommate. Her name's Beth and she did the buddy walk, and she's in the Best Buddies program. She's eighteen, and her buddy is coming tomorrow. I guess I just didn't mention it.
    my page
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and banner by TM_Wandstick.

No matter what anyone tells you, words and ideas can change the world.
    (The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    It's December! I'm still kind of in shock at how that happened. It seems so soon ago that I didn't know what uni I was going to be at this time of year, so yeah, its kind of odd. Also fellow Spewers Alex and Hannah left me lovely reviews so I just want to say a big thank you here When I have a bit more time I'll be able to leave you lovely (hopefully anyway) long replies.

This is the first month I'm going to be late with SPEW requirements I do have a half written SPEW review for Carole/ Equinox Chick's fantastic Stars Or Carousels. But before I read it, I had a next-gen plot bunny, then I read it, started writing the review, and then kept on thinking this is amazing, I can't write anything as good as this. And I can't, but since I haven't read it, at least I've managed to write the story. The first chapter is in the queue now, beta-ed by Soraya, who is a brilliant beta.

I think I'll ask some questions....

What are people's plans for Christmas?

What do you like most about this holiday?

Will there be snow? Do you want there to be snow?

When it snows do you a) rush outside, regardless of whether you are in your pyjamas, can only find slippers, no gloves and an over-sized coat? or b) press your face against the window and watch the silly pyjama people dancing in the snow and getting into snowball fights with next door neighbours who they don't interact with at any other time of the year? Or something else. No prizes for guessing which one I do.....

Do you have any Christmas traditions/ things you always do over the winter holiday?

I'll answer this one before getting back to a 500 page novel I've only just realised I have a seminar on tomorrow (I thought it was on Keats until, oh, half an hour ago). We watch The Nightmare Before Christmas as well as Christmas specials of Doctor Who. We go to my nana's (which might not be happening this year, but we'll see) and hammer stockings into the mantlepiece. There is always a glass of brandy and two mince pies for Father Christmas. We also leave a carrot at the front door.

The living room (where the presents are) is locked. When I was younger, this meant the children getting up insanely early (including me) and dragging adults out of bed. As we pressed against the door, waiting for my nana to unlock it, my uncle would always say that it had been on the news that Santa Claus had crashed somewhere, and hadn't made it this far.

Then we'd be let in and look at out stockings and open presents. Fairly traditional. This year, however, my youngest cousin is now 11. And while I'm a nostalgic fool, I'm not sure whether we'll be doing all this this year. We'll see. Now back to Ivanhoe (which I am enjoying but wish I hadn't got the weeks mixed up!)
    Banner by Minna.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess
    Wow, Ivanhoe? That sounds really…not boring, exactly, but classic? Old? Haha, I just got The Crucible today. Has anyone read it? Is it any good?

And it’s not even December in the States yet…yay for time zones. I find that so weird. And Alex, you shouldn’t be online at this hour, you should be sleeping. Honestly, I should be sleeping. I have school tommorow. But I’ll answer these questions anyway

I love going to church on Christmas Eve and having the candle service. I seriously look forward to that every year, because it’s so great to have a whole service just in candle light and then singing Silent Night. And I also love how I get to go caroling around school with my violin playing songs, that’s always fun.

Ugh, according to the forecasts, nope! I wish there was. Last year, I went to Disney World on a Make a Wish trip during Christmas, and we missed the ten inches of snow that *did* happen. Sigh. But apparently, no snow this year. Last week, I actually went swimming, it was so warm. Granted, we were in Florida, so…

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlex
    The first chapter is in the queue now, beta-ed by Soraya, who is a brilliant beta.
    *squishes* Even if it does murder my OTP, it is an excellent story.

What are people's plans for Christmas?

Revision. LOL. I have two exams in January that I am very, very worried about -- for one of them, I have to get at least 98% and I don't know if I'll be able to :/

Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I love love love all the Christmas spirit: the sales on Boxing Day, the movies (!!!!), the carols, stuff like that. And all the Christmas-themed stories on MNFF, of course XD

There probably will be, and I don't want it If there is, it'll be a nightmare getting to school.

When it snows do you a) rush outside, regardless of whether you are in your pyjamas, can only find slippers, no gloves and an over-sized coat? or b) press your face against the window and watch the silly pyjama people dancing in the snow and getting into snowball fights with next door neighbours who they don't interact with at any other time of the year? Or something else. No prizes for guessing which one I do.....

I do b), but I used to do a). I wish I had time for snowball fights... but nowadays, it's too cold as it is.

Do you have any Christmas traditions/ things you always do over the winter holiday?

No matter what, we always watch a movie together on Christmas day, and then on New Year, we stay up and watch the fireworks on telly and outside

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    The first story of the Seventh Annual Secret SPEW is up over on LiveJournal (spewswap community). It would be lovely if you were to wander over there and show it some love. The story is quite an epic adventure, as well.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.