Thread: Hit Wizard & Auror Classes

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    If I am understanding the question right, they would all probably take DADA and then possibly Transfiguration and Charms...Maybe Potions...
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Third Year Gryffindor
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts

Hit Wizard & Auror Classes

Okay, in a story I'm working on one of the characters is taking their classes to become a Hit Wizard. Also two other characters are taking classes to become Aurors. They would take the same classes right? By the way this is at hogwarts. I've checked the lexicon and my books, but that doesn't mean I'm right. So can anyone help me?

Karaley Dargen Edit: I think this fits better in the Reference Desk, so I've moved it.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Just so you know, there is a proper format for asking for plot help which can be found here.

Please edit your first post to include this as soon as possible, as mods can take away House points when this rule isn't followed.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    According to the Lexicon which uses a JK Rowling written Daily Prophet as a source, a Hit Wizard needs five OWLS and has to be over 17 years of age. So, they don't actually have to be doing NEWTS.

He (or she, I presume you can be a Hit Witch) needs Charms and Defence at least. They differ from Aurors because they're more like regular police who catch criminals. Aurors are more akin to special agents sent to root out Dark Wizards.

Aurors need at least 5 NEWTS and they have to have DADA, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms and, of course, Potions.

Your witch/wizard wouldn't necessarily be in all the same classes.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Third Year Gryffindor
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Okay, that makes total sense. So, although they would take some of the same classes they probably wouldn't all be the same. Thanks!