Thread: Quidditch

alex13

Quidditch

I was just wondering if anyone knows who was on the house teams while the trio was out looking for
    Horcruxes, or if there was even Quidditch played during that time?
    If not, would anyone know who was on the teams in the Half-Blood Prince?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by alex13 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knows who was on the house teams while the trio was out looking for
    Horcruxes, or if there was even Quidditch played during that time?
    If not, would anyone know who was on the teams in the Half-Blood Prince?
    There is no information in canon about Hogwarts Quidditch during DH, although I think you can safely say that the game was still played at the school during that time. Regarding teams during DH, I would just extrapolate from who was playing in HBP, and fill in the missing players with OCs or other canon characters.

You can find more information on team compositions by year on the Harry Potter wiki here:
    PHP Code:
    http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Quidditch_Cup 
    Tim the Enchanter

TheCursedQuill
    There is no information in canon about Hogwarts Quidditch during DH, although I think you can safely say that the game was still played at the school during that time.
    It might have still been around, but I think the injuries would have been greater and not a lot of people would have wanted to play.

I'm not sure if Madam Hooch is still around, but if she wasnt, could you imagine one of the Carrows being referees? Penalties wouldn't exist and foul play would be rewarded.

I also think the Slytherin team would have MANY advantages. More time to practice, access to the better school brooms, stuff like that. I don't think the DE's running Hogwarts would take a loss from Slytherin lightly, and the Carrow siblings might even randomly punish students more if Slytherin lost.

All in all, I think it would be played... but Slytherin would almost always win and it would be a dangerous game to play while against the Slyths.

-Sarah

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I think at first, the House teams would try to keep playing to keep the students' spirits up... but I think at some point like in OotP, it may get to the point that too many of the team members are on the run, or are hiding, that the games may just be canceled - or completed staffed by young students.

For instance, what we've got for Gryffindor:

Chasers: Dean - until he runs, Demelza Robbins, Ginny unless she's playing Seeker
    Keeper: unknown - Cormac has graduated, Ron isn't there. no other back ups, unless the other candidates from Ron's try out - Vicky Frobisher and Geoffrey Hooper haven't graduated and are not Muggle-born
    Beaters: Jimmy Peakes and Ritche Coote - unless they graduated or are not Muggle-born
    Seeker: Ginny - until she goes on the run

And that's for Gryffindor where we have a fair amount of information.

There is a list of Quidditch players at Hogwarts at HP wiki as well.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

LittleJM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCursedQuill View Post
    It might have still been around, but I think the injuries would have been greater and not a lot of people would have wanted to play.

I'm not sure if Madam Hooch is still around, but if she wasnt, could you imagine one of the Carrows being referees? Penalties wouldn't exist and foul play would be rewarded.
    That is actually what makes me think that Quidditch during DH may simply not have happened. Snape was still under Dumbledore's orders to keep the students safe (within reason, though we do know that Neville and Ginny were scarred pretty bad), so one of the perfect covers for him to use would be to cancel Quidditch under the excuse of lowering student morale.

I'm pretty sure Snape was very aware that the Carrows could cause a large amount of damage, and since Quidditch was something he had little control over once the game started, he would be hesitant to allow such activity. Then again, there's nothing in canon that speaks against Quidditch during DH, so we have a bit of reign over what we see in that situation.

alex13
    thank you all...this has really helped

alex13
    I know this is a bit off topic, but i was wondering if anyone knows how to remove stories from your favorites on MNFF?
    Or if you even can remove stories?