Thread: WEEKLY CHALLENGE. The Founders- Week 1. RESULTS

Threaded View

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Name: Caroline/iwannabeanauror
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Helena
    Ratings/Warnings:6-7 years, because I'm paranoid. It's probably 3-5 years. As for the warnings, uh, only a tiny bit of implied SS
    Word Count: 321
    Favourite Founder: Rowena Ravenclaw (I loved this challange! )
    A/N: I wrote this because I've always wondered who Helena Ravenclaw's father was.

Rowena Ravenclaw ran through the halls of Hogwarts on a busy Tuesday afternoon. Navigating through the crowd of students, she was trying to think of how she should tell Salazar. She just know that she had to find him. The sooner the better; she wanted to get this over with. She was so caught up in her thoughts, though not in her usual daydreaming way, that she did not notice that he was right in front of her; until, that is, she literally ran into him. She stood up, blushing an abnormally bright red. "Oh, sorry," she gushed, "I actually need to talk to you. Do you have a minute? It's really important."

Salazar nodded; he wasn't particularly loquacious and his answers were always quite terse. They walked together in silence to Rowena's office. It was not an awkward silence; in fact they were quite used to being quiet around each other. Many did not understand their relationship. Rowena felt that their understanding was unnecessary. Helga insisted that this was true love; she felt the same way about Godric.

Entering the office, they sat down and Rowena started gushing again.

"I'm not sure how to say this," she started, chewing on the inside of her cheek, her blue eyes turned straight down at her small feet, "but, well," she took another deep breath, "we're going to be parents."

Salazar smiled. "You were really nervous about telling me?" he asked softly. Though not normally emotional, his grey eyes filled with tears. Whether from happiness or shock, Rowena did not know.

Rowena nodded. "Maybe a little."

They then met each others eyes and smiled. Rowena resumed the conversation.

"If it's a girl," she said, "I'd like to name her Helena."

Salazar nodded. "That is a great idea."

Rowena smiled. She pulled him into a hug, which was uncharacteristic of her normally. But not today. This Tuesday was a day she would never forget.
    Last edited by iwannabeanauror; 10-27-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Oops! I hought I had until 7 EST to submit this. Sorry.